Aftermath (Beast)

Stranded

Doojoon was under water, a pillow floated by right in front of his eyes. He struggled to get his head above water, accidentally drinking half the ocean in the process. The extra weight of Yoseob on his back made it harder. “Should I let go?” Yoseob said worried. “No! No matter what, you don't let go, you hear me!” Doojoon answered firmly. “Okay.. so if you sink to the bottom, I should just...” Yoseob joked. “Haha, okay okay.. Only in that case are you allowed to let go.” Doojoon laughed, coughing up some seawater.

Hyunseung was attempting to swim towards them, if you could call that swimming. It looked more like a puppy that hadn't really figured out yet what all those limbs were for. Doojoon thought it better to head over there and give him a hand. “I'm fine!” Hyunseung yelled stubbornly, inhaling water. “Kikwang..” Hyunseung was going to point, but lifting his hand out of the water made him lose the rhythm of his weird doggy paddle and he disappeared into the water for a moment. Doojoon and Yoseob both held their breaths until he resurfaced. He was red in the face and completely soaked. Not daring to try pointing again he used his eyes to indicate the direction in which he wanted them to look. Doojoon scanned the surface and gasped. A part of the fuselage was still above water. Kikwang was hanging in the air, holding on to the edge of a broken window with only one hand.

Doojoon and Yoseob left Hyunseung to his paddling and headed over there as quickly as they could. Kikwang was so scared he looked like he had just seen a ghost. It was clear that he couldn't hang on much longer and the sea below was filled with debris, he could get seriously hurt. Doojoon and Yoseob began clearing some of it away, but it took too long. As if out of nowhere, Yunho appeared. He was out of breath and his face looked drained. Right away he started helping them. He was twice as efficient as they, so together they managed to make the area under Kikwang relatively empty. “Okay, Kikwang, you are going to have to let go.” Yunho shouted for Kikwang to hear. “Kikwang shook his head, terrified. “Don't worry, I've got you! I won't let anything happen to you” Yunho assured him. Kikwang closed his eyes and for a moment nothing happened, then he let go, falling into the sea with a splash. Yunho dove in after him and brought him up to the surface. Kikwang looked as if he had gone to hell and back. “I'll take him to shore, will you guys be alright on your own?” Yunho asked. Doojoon assured him they would be fine.

 

Doojoon was getting tired, they were about half way to shore. Doojoon wasn't sure if he could make it. He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, he was starting to see spots. Yoseob, who had his arms around his neck, released his grip. Doojoon took him into his arms, using his legs to keep them above water. “Yoseobah, if I don't make it, you have to promise me to take care of yourself. You promise?” Doojoon was completely serious. “Of course you're going to make it, don't talk like that!” Yoseob pouted a little to emphasize his point, he knew Doojoon couldn't resist his pout. Doojoon chuckled a little, putting his forehead against Yoseob's, looking deep into his eyes. “You have no idea how much I love you.” he said. “I've got a pretty good idea.” Yoseob giggled. Slowly Doojoon moved his lips closer, Yoseob's breathing increased in anticipation. Their lips locked in a passionate kiss. They were alone in the world, but they were together and nothing else mattered.

What nobody knew was that they had been dating now for going on six months. They hadn't really done much to hide it, they had always been close so nobody found it strange when they went around holding each other, hugging or holding hands. It was five months and 24 days since that fateful night. Everyday since, Doojoon had thanked the heavens for that night.

Yoseob saw Yunho swimming towards them out the corner of his eye and quickly pushed Doojoon away. When he reached them, he relieved Doojoon of Yoseob so he could swim easier and they swam to shore together.

 

Junhyung opened his eyes. He was looking up at the clear sky. He felt a gentle, if not a bit chilly, breeze on his face. His eyes followed a lone bird in the air, probably on his way to his family, Junhyung thought. Suddenly the bird dove and disappeared into the ocean. The ocean?! Junhyung looked around and saw nothing but water in all directions. The memories from the crash came rushing back and he went into a full blown panic attack. All his muscles froze, making him start sinking, leading to more panic. He thrashed around like a crazy person, his breathing rapid and shallow.

“Junhyung, JUNHYUNG!!” Dongwoon could've screamed out of frustration, he was hurrying as fast he could to help Junhyung out but it was taking forever. He swam and he swam, but the distance didn't seem to get any shorter. Meanwhile Junhyung was freaking out. At last Dongwoon reached him. Junhyung didn't notice so when Dongwoon put his hand on his shoulder, Junhyung lashed out, striking Dongwoon on the head. It hurt as hell, but Dongwoon didn't have time to worry about it. If Junhyung kept going like this, he would end up drowning them both. He grabbed Junhyung from the back and put his arms around him, holding him tight until he calmed down.

When Junhyung realized it was Dongwoon, he stopped fighting and began to cry. Before long he was howling, his teardrops vanishing into the sea. All the tension that had been building up in his body was released. Dongwoon didn't say anything, he just held him tighter and let him cry it out. Dongwoon waited until the howling turned into silent sobs, whispering in Junhyung's ear telling him that everything was going to be alright. That the other guys were probably all safe and sound on the beach by now, waiting for them to join them for a great big barbecue. Junhyung snorted, wiping his tears off his face. “Then we shouldn't waste any time, should we? If we don't leave now, Doojoon and Yoseob will have finished all the meat by the time we get there!” Junhyung said, snickering.

 

A few feet from the beach they encountered Nichkhun, who asked them frantically whether they had seen Chansung. Much to his dismay, they both shook their heads. Distraught, Nichkhun headed further out to sea.

 

Dongwoon had not been wrong about the guys all being safe on the beach, waiting for them, although there was no barbecued meat in sight. They got a wave of hugs and pats on the shoulder. After the excitement of their return had mostly died down, Junhyung dragged Dongwoon aside. His face was as serious as a heart attack. He whispered “Please don't tell anyone that I cried.”.