Underwater

Stranded

When he resurfaced, Nichkhun's eyes met Yunho's. Yunho hadn't found anything either. Nichkhun smirked, sending a lightning bolt towards Yunho through his eyes. He was going to take him down, put him in his place. Make him realize he wasn't the only king on this island and that Chansung would most definitely not become his queen.

Nichkhun reminded Yunho of Changmin and the fierce gaze he so often had when something was bothering him. He was glad Nichkhun was getting into the fighting spirit, only that way were they going to get the energy and the concentration needed to get through this day and actually find something of use. He returned Nichkhun's fierce gaze, “It's on!” his eyes communicated intensely. Nichkhun's stare got even wilder and after a deep breath he disappeared into the water. This was one chase Yunho was not going to lose. He too took a giant breath and dived.

 

Taecyeon laughed wildly in triumph when he saw Junho surface with nothing, waving a bag of airplane peanuts around like they were the biggest trophy in the world. He hadn’t even had to dive for them, they had just been floating around right in front of his nose. Junho was not happy, a great big pout forming. He stuck his tongue out at Taecyeon before stubbornly disappearing into the water again. Taecyeon smiled to himself, a pouting Junho was just the cutest. Teasing him gave him such pleasure, he could feel the extra energy it gave him rushing through his veins.

He squished the bag of nuts into his pocket, which took a bit more skill underwater than on dry land. He almost had it when that sneaky bag popped out of his grip. Oh no! He grabbed blindly around in the water but to no avail. He looked around the surface but that slippery peanut bag was nowhere to be found. “Ah!” Taecyeon’s hand had found something! He whipped his hand up out of the water with great force, a long tentacle of cold slimy seaweed slapping him in the face. He could hear roaring laughter booming to his right. He didn’t even have to look, he could recognize that laughter anywhere. Junho was smiling from ear to ear, holding a big metal thing and… the bag of peanuts! They were his peanuts!!!

 

Junho ran triumphantly to shore waving what appeared to be a metal drawer of some kind, “I was FIRST!” he yelled as he approached Minjun and Wooyoung. They both shook their head and pointed laughing to a pile of stuff to their right. There was a coffee cup, some kind of container, a bag of chips, a bag of plastic airplane cutlery, a completely soaked pillow and a pair of sunglasses. Who´s pile was that?! There wasn't a chance in hell anyone had managed to get all this stuff in such a short time. As Junho drew closer he could see a whole system drawn in the sand, the pile was within a square marked G-Dragon. There were also squares prepared for the rest of them but they were empty.

Huh. Junho had been sure Wooyoung and Minjun were cheating and that was why the pile was so big, but it was unlikely they'd have put it all in G-Dragon's square. G-Dragon was most likely the type to shout foul play the instant he'd see it, even though it meant he was winning. If they'd have put it in Junho's square on the other hand, he would've acted as if it was actually his hard earned stuff, receiving the prize proudly. Junho snickered as he imagined himself waving a huge trophy in front of a crowd of clapping fans swooning over him. Oh, he missed his fans, what were they doing now? No doubt they would cry and mourn for a while, but how long until they would move on? How long until there would be no Hottest left in the world? Junho shivered at that awful thought, pushing it out of his head. No, he believed in their awesome fans, they would all stick by them through this awful time. He was sure of it, or that was of what he intended to convince himself. He needed to believe it.

Minjun and Wooyoung were whispering sneakily and snickering, they had to be plotting something. It was so unlike them to get this perfect opportunity to cheat and not take it, nobody could prove they were cheating. Hmm, he had a point. As he praised himself for this genius idea and put the metal drawer with the peanuts in his square, he waited for his chance. The moment neither Minjun nor Wooyoung were looking, he dashed over to G-Dragon's square, snatching the coffee cup stealthily, sneaking back. But when he was about to place it in his metal drawer, Wooyoung objected. “Yah! Do you think we allow cheating?!” Wooyoung shouted in a dramatic voice, going into a laughing fit as Minjun snorted and pulled him into a half-hug, patting him on the shoulder. Wooyoung was apparently enjoying his authority a little too much. Before putting the cup back, Junho made a second try but they refused to let it slide. Junho returned sulkily to the sea, apparently he had no choice other than to earn the trophy fair and square. Or at least until he came up with a better way to cheat.

 

Chansung felt as the oxygen disappeared from the air inside his lungs and his body started shouting for fresh air. Hold on for a few seconds more, Chansung told it. Just a few more. He hadn't reached the bottom yet and he could see something glittering right below him. Just a little bit further. But his lungs refused to wait any longer With a burning sensation they demanded that he'd head for the surface this very instance. Chansung had no choice but to give in. By the time he reached the surface he was so out of breath that he automatically started inhaling before his head was properly out of the water, inhaling a bit of seawater in the process. Chansung coughed fiercely while trying to stay afloat. His eyes watered as he tried to regulate his breathing again.

There was something down there, he had seen it shimmer faintly. Thankfully it had stopped raining or else he would've never seen it. He felt like a pirate on a treasure hunt. A pirate never gave up on his treasure, so Chansung wouldn't either. He took a few rapid breaths, followed by a really deep one and dove with intent. It was a strange feeling being underwater. It was so quiet and isolated, like being on another planet almost. There it was! Chansung could see it. He swam faster, determined to reach it this time. It was a small glass object lodged between two small rocks. Chansung jiggled it sideways, managing to free it before his lungs started hurting again. He hurried back to the surface to take a better look.

 

Changmin had the Beast boys gather all the sticks they could find. He still hadn't managed to explain his idea properly to them, but then it came to him. What a brilliant idea! How come he hadn't thought of it before? He would just draw it for them, then there was no danger of miscommunication. Changmin's mood was somewhat uplifted by this discovery. When the boys had gathered after making a huge stack of sticks, Kikwang taking forever to balance the last stick on top of the pile, Changmin took his bamboo rod and started drawing in the sand on the forest floor.

 

 

“Ehm.. okay.” Doojoon said, pondering over the childish drawing. He could see Yoseob on the verge of a laughing fit, quickly pinching him in the arm to keep the laughter from bursting out. “Ouch!” Yoseob gave him a hurt look. Doojoon felt bad for having hurt him, but it had been a necessary evil. Changmin's drawing abilities had clearly stopped evolving at the age of 8, but Doojoon guessed that pointing out that fact wouldn't improve Changmin's mood. Doojoon suppressed a snort, coughing seriously instead. “Yeah, ehm, okay, we can do this. Right boys?” Doojoon said to the others. Everyone answered with a forced positive attitude except Hyunseung who was still trying to murder that coconut on the rock in front of him. The unimaginable had happened. Hyunseung had found someone more stubborn than him, a coconut! Doojoon's eyes caught Dongwoon's, who got the message and went over to Hyunseung to try and convince him to admit defeat, or at least take a break from this silly feud with the coconut to briefly help them out.

 

“How long since you last saw Chansung?” Nichkhun asked Wooyoung urgently as he added a wet blanket to his pile. Wooyoung shrugged, “Mmm not sure, a while? He went somewhere over there.” Wooyoung pointed. Nichkhun was about to go after Chansung when he saw him running towards them from the direction in which Wooyoung had pointed. He was waving, something small sparkling in his hand. That was all he found? After all this time, that tiny thing was all he had? He should've just rested like Nichkhun had told him. Nichkhun shook his head frustrated, that boy was simply too kind for his own good.

As Chansung came closer he yelled “WE CAN GET DRUUUUNK!!”, a huge smile taking over his face. He was holding one of those tiny liquor bottles one could get on airplanes. Nichkhun laughed, spreading his arms open, expecting Chansung to run into his embrace, but G-Dragon rudely pushed him aside and greeted Chansung. “Oh you are a godsend! An angel I tell you!” G-Dragon hugged Chansung tightly. Chansung returned the hug even though he had no idea what G-Dragon was going on about. “Alcohol is a disinfectant you see! This could save Seunghyun! You might've just saved his life!” G-Dragon hugged him even tighter, Chansung could hardly catch his breath. G-Dragon was stronger than he looked. Suddenly G-Dragon released his iron grip on him, swiftly stealing his bottle he ran in the direction of the forest. “Thanks!!” he yelled as he disappeared. “But.. but.. I still get points for the bottle, right?” Chansung insisted, confused.