TY (Taeyang, Seungri)

Stranded

Taeyang wrung out the towel Taecyeon had been so kind to lend him. The letters TY were embroidered on it. Taeyang smiled faintly as he placed it on Seunghyun's forehead, it were his initials as well. He really appreciated Taecyeon's support. It was weird, ever since they landed on this godforsaken island, Taecyeon had been his guardian angel. Taeyang hadn't really interacted much with him before the accident, although they had come across each other a few times in a professional capacity. He had no idea he was so nice. He had of course noticed him before, who wouldn't notice such a tall, handsome, strapping young fellow? Taeyang giggled to himself, thinking about Taecyeon's dragon-sized biceps and his warm embrace in which he had slept the previous night. Taeyang could still feel his warm breath on the back of his neck. Taecyeon had fallen asleep before him, so for a while Taeyang had just lain there, listening to his rhythmic breathing. Taecyeon had a soothing air about him, even though his personality was very vivacious. Whenever he was near, Taeyang could breathe a little easier. For that, he was thankful.

Daesung still hadn't uttered a word. Taeyang sighed, trying not to worry too much. Everyone had their own way of dealing with things, shutting himself off from the world was Daesung's. Still, it was hard seeing him like this. And if Taeyang had to be absolutely honest with himself, he desperately wanted someone with whom he could share his worries. G-Dragon was busy on a mission to try and save Seunghyun somehow. Taeyang could see him trying to get the 2PM boys organized, it looked like utter chaos. Taeyang chuckled a bit as he watched them running around, G-Dragon's silhouette looked absolutely lost for what to do.

Seunghyun was sweating heavily, mumbling something inaudible. Taeyang got a pang in his stomach. He was getting worse, his fever was reaching dangerous heights. Taeyang felt so helpless, he wasn't a doctor and he had nothing but water to work with, there was nothing more he could do. He wished he had watched more survival shows so that he'd have at least some tricks up his sleeve. But he couldn't have foreseen this, being stranded on a desert island. That only happened in the movies. The bandage on Seunghyun's head was dark red. Taeyang hadn't had the courage to peek under it yet. The wound was probably infected, but he had nothing to disinfect it with and no clean cloth in order to change the bandages. Taeyang felt completely useless.

 

“How are you holding up?”. A hand on Taeyang's shoulder brought him out of his stupor. “Oh Yunho, you're back!” Taeyang smiled weakly. “Taec just told me about the situation, it's that bad, huh?” Yunho took a closer look at Seunghyun, a mountain of worries washing over him. He sighed, “We've got to do something about this.”. Taeyang could see Yunho was as lost for what to do as he was. “Yunho!” G-Dragon came running towards them. G-Dragon had some crazy plan to go diving for first aid kits, but at least he was trying. Taeyang had no ideas, not even crazy farfetched ones. “Hmm... it's a long shot.” Taeyang could hear Yunho say. Taeyang's heart sank, if they weren't going to try the long shots, what were they going to do? Sit here and watch Seunghyun die? Taeyang's eyes were starting to fill with tears as he listened in on Yunho's and G-Dragon's conversation. In the end Yunho agreed to go diving for whatever they could find, allowing Taeyang to breathe a little easier. Even though it was a shot in the dark, it was a shot.

 

As Yunho was leaving it started pouring down. Panic took hold of Taeyang. Seunghyun lay face up, the rain could drown him if they didn't do anything. G-Dragon reacted fast, nudging Seungri that had been sitting a little ways off, still in shock. Seungri came to and the three of them got ready to move Seunghyun into the forest for cover. They positioned themselves around Seunghyun, G-Dragon at the head area and Taeyang and Seungri took their place at each of Seunghyun's thighs. Like a robot, Daesung placed himself in the hip area, getting ready to support Seunghyun's behind. “1, 2 and...” G-Dragon counted and they all simultaneously raised Seunghyun carefully from the ground. He was heavy.

The rain was hammering down, making them all soaking wet in a matter of seconds. They went as fast as they could, while trying not to move Seunghyun more than was necessary, placing him on the near dry forest floor. The leaf-roof was pretty thick, giving good cover, a lonely drop hitting Seunghyun's forehead, mixing with his sweat. Taeyang wiped it away.

 

A few moments after G-Dragon left, heading towards the sea, Taecyeon came by. Taeyang mustered up a smile, it was good to see him. Taecyeon had both of his hands behind his back, he was smirking mysteriously. What had gotten into him? Taeyang peered at him curiously. “TaDA!! I hid them from the guys so you would get some too.” Taecyeon revealed a bunch of melon pieces he'd been hiding behind his back. Taeyang was taken aback. What a wonderful surprise! He didn't know what to say, so he just smiled from ear to ear. Taecyeon handed Taeyang the first melon piece. “Thank you.” Taeyang whispered shyly. He threw Seungri the next one, Seungri barely catching it, and looked puzzled at Daesung. “Just.. just put it beside him, he'll eat when he's ready.” Taeyang said. Taecyeon had one slice left. “Could you.. could you bring G that one? I don't think he's eaten anything all day.” Taeyang pleaded, wiping the dust off his puppy-eyes. “Sure.” Taecyeon smiled back. He had such a cute smile, Taeyang thought. Taecyeon's gorgeous face was beaming, the indented laughter lines emphasizing his jaw line and his big ears sticking out, making him look like the cutest monkey Taeyang had ever had the pleasure of seeing. And the biggest.

“Chansung..?” Taeyang inquired hesitantly. “Oh he's fine, he's going to go dive with us. Don't worry, I'll find some stuff for you that will make Seunghyun all better. Just you wait.” Taecyeon answered cockily. “Speaking of, I have to get going.” Taecyeon added sheepishly. As he was about to leave, Taeyang nervously asked “Oh, could you.. not say that it's from me, the melon? Please...”. Taecyeon nodded and ran towards the sea where the guys were gathering.

 

As he heard Taeyang ask Taecyeon to keep it a secret that he was behind the melon delivery, Seungri frowned. Why was it a secret? There had always been a weird vibe between those two, Taeyang and G-Dragon. Neither of them had ever spoken a word about it or made any public declarations, but Seungri wondered if there had already something happened between them. Seungri felt his heart split in two at the thought. Seungri had been in love with G-Dragon since he was 18 years old. Well, maybe even longer but it had been on his 18th birthday he had realized it. It hadn't been some great revelation, it'd been more subtle and natural than that. He and G-Dragon had been growing closer for a long time, G-Dragon becoming the closest friend he had ever had. Not many people realized it, but even though Seungri was loud, cheerful and forward at times, deep inside he was shy and awkward. As Seungri was testing the boundaries when they first got together, G-Dragon hadn't taken one ounce of his crap, and he'd wasted no time putting Seungri in his place. He was strict but affectionate. Seungri liked it. Even though he was scolded quite a lot, G-Dragon made him feel safe, made him feel like he could be himself. It was a preciously rare feeling and they always had so much fun together. G-Dragon was an amazing person. Seungri couldn't believe all that talent could fit into that gorgeously tiny body.

G-Dragon was his role model, his hero. He was prepared to do anything for him. If only.. if only he could see just how much he cared for him. But as had already been proven yesterday, G-Dragon saw only Taeyang. They had been friends longer and Taeyang was so kind and cute. He was really one of the most selfless persons Seungri had ever met, how was he supposed to compete with that? Seungri wasn't selfless at all, he knew that much. It wasn't in his nature, he just didn't see what was in it for him. Unless G-Dragon would perhaps like him more if he was a bit more selfless, but he didn't want to fake it. Besides, G-Dragon would spot it in an instant if he tried to fake it. But Seungri had a lot of good attributes, being selfless wasn't everything. He was a really hard worker and he had a lot to offer, he was fun, interesting and kind. And very talented, even though he said so himself.

 

“G.. G..”. Taeyang and Daesung both started, Seunghyun was trying to say something. They got closer to him on each side, trying to hear what he was saying. Seungri edged closer as well, trying to make his ears bigger. “G..” Seunghyun said hoarsely, his eyes were glazed because of the high fever. “No, it's Taeyang.” Taeyang said softly, squeezing his hand. “G.. you should stop worrying so much about it and just tell him, just be with him. You belong together and Taeyang definitely loves you back. You know I'll support you, even from the other side, if that's where I'm headed...” Seunghyun's words were firm even though his voice was weak. Taeyang froze, his brain withholding any kind of reaction. Daesung was watching him in surprise. He didn't know what to say. What was Seunghyun going on about? Had G-Dragon confided in him or was he just delirious? Taeyang thought they had made a silent agreement not to do anything about whatever it was that was between them and keep it quiet. Taeyang was confused, he couldn't think. Seungri suddenly sprang up and ran away as fast as he could. Taeyang couldn't be sure, but he looked like he was about to cry.