Chapter 5

Dreams which are made to Come True; Saranghae

Seohyun’s POV

Every day, I counted the days one by one, waiting for that one day when Kyuhyun will arrive.

They day where both of us will finally meet in person.

His talent, his face.

Every night, we would meet each other in our dreams. He would sing for me while I lie on the same meadow listening to him. I love his voice so much, because it was the one thing I envied about him.

3 more days to his arrival.

2 more days.

1 more day.

On the 1st of July, I went to school as usual. As I was heading towards the school’s main corridor, I saw a familiar face. The face was one that made me feel nostalgic, and it was staring back at me; the guy with fishy (literally) features. I continued to stare as I tried to recall the name which belonged to him, long lost in my heart.

I heard someone calling my name, telling me to move away. It was then that I noticed the car rushing to me in full speed.

But I wasn’t really conscious of my surrounding just yet.

I was ready to accept death until a guy pushed me out of the way, causing the crazy car to miss its ‘aim’. As soon as I got up from the shock, I was caught off guard to see those sparkling eyes staring back into mine. His elbows were bleeding! And I felt guilty immediately to know it was because of me.

“I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry!” I repeated many times without stopping for air.

He forced a smile and said, “That’s okay, Seohyun. It’s only bleeding a little…”

I took him to the school nurse immediately. I stared at his overly-handsome face while the nurse bandaged his wounds. As soon as the nurse was finished, she left me and Kyuhyun alone to phone his mother. I blushed when I turned around and saw him gazing at me.

He pinched my cheek and squealed, “You’re so cute when you blush. You look like a baby! I think I’ll have to call you Seobaby next time!” I smacked his arm playfully.

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun’s mother bursted into the room.

“What happened?! It’s your first day of school and you got hurt?!” his mum shouted in shock.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

Why is my mom so overprotective?I thought.

“Kenchanayo, omma. I’m fine. I got hurt saving my friend. It was worth getting a little hurt to save one’s life…..” I replied with a convincing tone.

“And this ‘friend’. Is it this young lady here?” she asked with a smile. Her anger was all gone as she continued smiling like nothing happened.

I nodded while saying, “Ne…”

“Okay, I guess I better go, Back to work, I mean.” She said and left while waving.

“Your mum is nice…” Seohyun said while waving back.

“Ne, she can be nice sometimes, but other times? She’s a pain in the neck.” At this, she smiled at me.

“Come on, I’ll take you to the ice cream parlour. We can skip class until 10.” She said, obviously excited.

I bet she loves ice-cream.

“Arasso.” I answered.

We enjoyed the delicious ice-cream as it melted in our mouths. When it was nearly time, I said, “Come on, I need to go get my school schedule.”

“Arassoyo.”

Once I retrieved my schedule, I asked, “Where is your homeroom?”

“Class 1B….you?” she answered.

“Me too! Can we go together? I don’t really know the way around here….” I used my puppy eyes on her.

She laughed softly.

And so, as we walked into our classroom, people were stealing glances at the both of us from their seats. Seohyun sat in her seat normally while I was stuck in front of class introducing myself. The teacher ordered me to sit next to a girl named Tiffany.

She was really annoying, with all her flirting. The bored me decided to write a note to Seohyun:

Wait for me later, after class. Need to get out!

She nodded in my direction in response.

 

Seohyun’s POV

I bet he was suffering over there. I laughed seeing him in his current state.

However happy I was, the guy I saw this morning could not leave my memory.