Revelations

The Clans of Love

Viisa’s eyes widened and she took a few steps back. “Excuse me?” she asked, raised one of her eyebrows and crossed her arms. Tell me I just heard wrong, she thought.

  Minseok smirked and put his hands in his pockets awkwardly. “You heard me”, he said and walked closer to her. “I hope I didn’t freak you out”

  Viisa looked at him examinant, trying to figure out whether he was joking or not. There was no way that he could know about wolves, especially not about her being one.

  That’s when she remembered last night. Minseok had gotten rid of a vampire in a matter of seconds with no trouble whatsoever. It was obvious he’d done it before. If he knew about vampires, it didn’t really come as a surprise if he knew about werewolves too. Besides, he did show up at the Clan Party. It couldn’t be a coincidence.

  Oh goddammit.

  “How do you know?” she asked finally, once she’d gotten over the initial shock of his revelation.

  “My father taught me about vampires and he taught me how to kill them. He also taught me about werewolves and how to separate them from the bloodsucking-freaks”, Minseok explained.

  Viisa nodded slowly, taking in all of the information. She still couldn’t believe what she was hearing.  

  “So, you’re a vampire-hunter?” she asked.

  “That’s what I was raised up to. It’s in my blood – no pun intended”, he answered and smirked. Viisa couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at his humorous attempt.

  They started walking down the street towards Viisa and Maxie’s apartment. As they walked, they talked more about everything Minseok knew about the supernatural and everything he was taught when he grew up. Viisa found out that his father had been raised to be a hunter as well, so it was Minseok’s ‘destiny’ to continue the family tradition. Minseok found out that Viisa had been taught to follow the traditions of her race, but she’d never really cared for them. Once they arrived at the entrance of her apartment building two hours later (they may or may not have passed it a few times), they felt like they knew everything about each other’s pasts and presents way better.

  “So, wait. You asked Kris – a guy you obviously can’t even stand – to come as a third wheel to our date so that your best friend wouldn’t judge you?” Minseok asked and chuckled.¨

  Viisa rolled her eyes and smirked. “Maxie’s very opinionated and if she feels like I’m not doing the right thing, she’ll tell me – multiple times a day. She’s just trying to protect me, though”, she explained.

  “Well, isn’t she going to mind spotting us outside of your apartment kissing?” he asked and stepped closer to her, making their bodies touch. Before Viisa had a chance to answer, he leaned down to kiss her.

  I won’t, she answered in her mind as she happily melted into the kiss.

 

  Viisa stepped into the apartment, unable to wipe the ridiculously wide smile off her face. She looked like she’d slept with a hanger in , but she didn’t care. She was too happy to ruin her own night by worrying.

  “Wow, someone had a fun night”, Maxie said with a smirk as she stepped into the hall. She was already in her jammies and she looked like she’d just woken up.

  “I didn’t wake you, did I?” Viisa asked innocently as she took off her terribly painful high heels.

  Maxie shrugged and walked to the kitchen. “It’s okay, I needed tea anyway”, she said and clicked on the water boiler.

  Viisa sighed and dragged herself to their bedroom in the back of the apartment and laid on her bed. Despite everything, the night had turned out pretty great. She was falling for Minseok more and more by the second and she knew that eventually she’d have to fess up to Maxie. That wouldn’t be tonight, though.

  Soon Maxie joined her best friend with a cup of tea in her hands. “So, are you going to tell me the dirty details or do I have to drag them out of you?” she demanded as she the small light on her nightstand and sat down on her bed.

  Viisa looked up and her and shrugged. “There’s nothing to tell”

  “Please, do I look like a gullible kid? I haven’t seen you smile like that, well, ever. If something – or someone - makes you act that way, they must be pretty special”

  “I guess so”

  “So, spill”

  Viisa sighed and sat up on her bed. “We may have kissed”, she finally confessed and squinted once she heard the loud squeak that escaped Maxie’s lips.

  “What? You and Kris? Oh my God. That’s huge!”

  “Calm down”, Viisa grunted and massaged her temples. “You’re giving me a headache”

  “I will once you’ve told me everything! Where? When? How? For how long?”

  “Outside our door. Before I got in. I don’t know how long, a while?” Viisa explained, frustrated of all the questions.

  Maxie smiled widely and sipped her tea, while Viisa changed into her pajamas.

  “Can I go to sleep now? Or do you want to know the amount of tongue he used as well?” Viisa asked sarcastically once she’d changed and gotten underneath the covers.

  “There was tongue?” Maxie squealed, making Viisa throw one of her pillows at her.

  “Go to sleep”, Viisa said as she closed her eyes and fell peacefully asleep.

 

  Luhan was walking up the stairs of an old apartment building near his neighborhood. He was carrying two bags of take-out from a local fast food court.

  He made his way to the third floor and knocked on the door of apartment ‘53’. First he knocked once. Then twice. Then after a while he was banging on the door like a crazy person, demanding to be let in. Finally, after five minutes, the door was opened.

  “Can’t a guy get any peace around here?” Minseok said as he opened the door, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

  “Oh, I’m sorry. Did I interrupt your sleep?” Luhan asked sarcastically as he handed him the take-out bag and walked past him into the apartment.

  As he started unpacking his food, Luhan asked: “So, how was the date with the water-wolfie?”

  Minseok shrugged and sat back down on the couch where he’d slept a few minutes ago. “She doesn’t suspect a thing. She’s smart, though. Maxie, too. We have to be careful if we want this to work”, he explained as he unpacked his own meal.

  “Please, Maxie’s completely in love with me. She thinks I’m ‘the one’. It’s adorable, really”, Luhan answered. “Viisa’s the tough one; she’s the one we should be worry about”

  “Once I’m done, we won’t have to”

  “Don’t get too cocky. This plan has to succeed. You don’t want to let him down, do you?”

  “Definitely not”

  Luhan sat down next to Minseok with his meal on his lap. “So, did the date go well?”

  “Well, we kissed. I’d count that as a pretty awesome first date”

  “A pretty awesome good date means getting to at least second base”, Luhan explained and smirked, nudging his Minseok with his elbow.

  Minseok rolled his eyes at him. “ert”, he mumbled.

  Luhan chuckled. “The truth hurts, buddy. It must be hard to hear that you don’t as much game as you think you do”

  Minseok punched Luhan’s arm harshly as he said: “Shut up. Trust me: I’ll get further with Viisa in a week than you’ve gotten with Maxie in a year! While we’re on that, why’d I have to wait a whole year before I hit on Viisa after you met Maxie?”

  “We can’t just meet them both at the same time. Sooner or later they’d eventually have figured it out. This way they’ll never know we’re connected: especially now that you’ve made sure Maxie has no idea that it’s you who’s dating Viisa in the first place”

  Minseok sighed and the television. Him and Luhan had been planning this for years and had found just the right pair of werewolves a couple years back. They’d decided to perfect the plan for another year before acting on it, but once Luhan had met Maxie at that carnival and convinced her he was part of the other werewolf clan, the Healers, the plan was officially in motion. Sneaking into those parties was easy, but getting the info that he’d required to prove himself to be a werewolf was not. Eventually, once they’d gotten more serious, it hadn’t mattered anymore. All he’d had to do was show up at a few parties and know a few details about the clan.

  While Luhan had been sweeping Maxie off her feet, Minseok was doing his own research on the town, the people and most importantly: Viisa. A few days ago, his part of the plan had finally begun and soon they’d be able to move on to faze two. It would take a while to Viisa completely over, though, but he was willing to whatever it took to not let him down.

  “Remember to call her tomorrow. You know, make sure she’s still into you and all that”, Luhan said after a long, silent pause.

  “Yeah. I have to pay that werewolf-boy a visit, too. I have to make sure he doesn’t know anything he isn’t supposed to”

  “Hold on – werewolf-boy?”

  “Some guy Viisa took with her as a shield form Maxie. Don’t worry: if he knows anything, he won’t live to tell the tale”

  “Good. I’d hate to disappoint-“

  “I know, me too”’

  Their conversation was interrupted by the phone ringing. Minseok quickly jumped up and picked it up.

  “Hello. Yes, it’s taken care of. I understand. Okay. I’ll make sure of it”, he answered the person on the other end. Once he finally hung up, a small smirk had formed on his face.

  “Was that the boss?” Luhan asked.

  “Yes and it looks like I will be paying a little visit to that wolf boy immediately”

  “And you look happy because..?”

  “I never really liked that guy. He was kind of a douche”