A Different Kind of Date (Part 1)

The Clans of Love

Viisa stood in front of their bedroom mirror and looked at herself. She’d started getting ready for the date the second she got home and was finally done.

  Fortunately, Maxie had been gone when she got so she didn’t have to explain where she was going. As much as Viisa loved her, sometimes she deserved to get high-fived in the face. With a chair.

  “Honey, I’m home!”, she heard a familiar voice shout from the hall.

  Dammit

  “Hey”, Viisa answered coldly. She was still a little annoyed about Maxie’s behavior from earlier.

  Maxie strolled into the bedroom and sat on her bed. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.

  “Come on. You’re not still mad about earlier, are you?”

  Viisa just concentrated on herself in the mirror, ignoring her friend’s question.

  Maxie rolled her eyes. “Look, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have gotten so upset about Minseok. Who you date is your business, not mine. I get that”. She stared at Viisa, giving her the puppy dog eyes.

  She just shrugged, still staring in the mirror. “That’s right you shouldn’t have”, Viisa stated matter-of-factly.

  Maxie grabbed her purse and after a while of searching through it, she pulled out a bag of pistachios. “I also got you this”, she said, swinging the bag back and forth. Viisa turned around and reached her hand to grab it, but Maxie pulled it away from her reach.

  “Only if you promise to forgive me”

  Viisa sighed loudly. “Fine, you moron. I’ll forgive you”, she said as she grabbed the bag and threw it on her bed.

  Maxie smirked at her victory. “Excellent. Because I’ve been dying to ask you something ever since I got home”

  “And what’s that?”

  “Why are you dressed up so nicely? Going on a date?”

  Viisa smiled slightly to herself. “You could say that”

  Maxie’s facial expression suddenly changed into a more serious one. “It’s with Minseok, isn’t it?”

  Viisa screamed out of frustration on the inside. She was not about to have this conversation again! She started quickly wrapping up some excuse and thinking of someone-anyone-who she could’ve went out with. It didn’t take long before she came up with the perfect alibi.

  “Actually, no. It’s with that guy from the party. Luhan’s friend”

  Maxie laughed out of shock. “Kris? Seriously? I thought you said he was really annoying”

  “I ran into him on my walk earlier and he invited me to the Marvel Marathon at Cinemax tonight. How could I say no to that?”

  Maxie shrugged. “I guess you couldn’t”. She took out her phone and started going through her contacts.

  “Um, what are you doing?” Viisa asked her with a confused look on her face.

  “I’m calling him. I know him and I have to give him the ‘best friend talk’ before your date. He needs to know that if he ever breaks your heart, I’ll break his neck”

  Viisa quickly grabbed the phone out of her hand. “You don’t need to do that”, she said and tried to quickly think of a reason as to why she shouldn’t call him.

  Why didn’t I think this through?

  “Why? You’d do the exact same thing for me. Actually, scratch that. You’d probably find the guy’s house and interrogate him there”

  “Oh, really? Is that what I did with Luhan?”, Viisa asked, trying to buy herself more time.

  “No, but you did give him ‘the talk’ before our first date. Remember? When he picked me up?”

  Viisa did remember. She’d heard lots of rumors about Luhan being a real ladies’ man and she didn’t want Maxie getting hurt. So when she heard that the guys who’d asked her best friend out was no other than Luhan, she needed to make sure his intentions were pure.

  But there was no need for that with Kris. He was just her alibi.

  “Well, that was with Luhan. If Kris seems like an , then I’ll just leave. Besides, I need to call him myself to confirm what time he’ll pick me up”

  “Fine”

  Viisa walked to their balcony and closed the door behind her. She stared at the beautiful sight of Seoul at night and rubbed her temples with frustration.

  What was she going to do? She couldn’t have Maxie finding out about her date with Minseok and that’s exactly what would happen if she called Kris. Unless Viisa did it first.

  She went through the contacts and quickly found Kris’ number. She took a deep breath and pressed ‘call’.

  After a few beeps a husky, low voice answered: “Hey, Max. What’s going on?”

  “Not Max. It’s Viisa”

  “From the party, right?” he asked after a moment of silence.

  “Yup. Listen, this might be really sudden, but are you free tonight?”

  “Uh, yeah, I guess. Why?”

  “Well, there’s a Marvel marathon at the Cinemax tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?”

  “You mean on a date?”

  “If that’s what you want to call it”

  “Are you sure you’re the same girl from the party? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure you totally blew me off”

  Viisa rolled her eyes. “That was yesterday. I decided to give you a chance, now will you take it or not?”

  “Sure. What time should I pick you up?”

  “Do you even know where I live?”

  “I know where Maxie lives and I’m assuming you’re in the same place”

  “You’re assumption is correct. Can you come by at seven? The marathon starts at eight thirty and the Cinemax might be crowded”

  “Alright. See you at seven”

  They both hang up and Viisa leaned against the balcony rail. She was relieved to have fixed one of her problems.

  Now, problem number two: how the hell do I explain this to Minseok? Or Kris?





I'll post the second part as soon as I can (a.k.a in the morning probably 'cuz it's 0:08 pm right now here) :3