To Late

Shattered

Aleigh's POV: "And that's why I was freaking out." I finished taking a deep breath. J-Hyo and JunYoung blinked once and exchanged michevious looks. "Looks like she has a crush." JunYoung teased winking at me. J-Hyo leaned foreword and rested his elbows on his thighs. "Do you like J-Hope?" He asked making me blush slightly. I opened my mouth to object but footsteps from behind me cut me off.  "I heard my name." A voice said from behind me. I slowly looked up to see J-Hope who was looking down at us. Alarm flashed through me and JunYoung and J-Hyo flashed innocent smiles. "Yeah we were..." JunYoung began staring at J-Hyo desperatly. "Talking about your eyes..." He said quickly. I stared at him dumbfoundedly, making him make a weird face as he realized what he just said. "My eyes?" J-Hope asked blinking in confusion. I can' t let him know that we were talking about the moment me and him had on the beach. "Yeah...About how pretty they were." I blurted out without thinking. He stared at me and raised a eyebrow at me. "Of course you would think so." He said flatly. J-Hyo covered his mouth and a chuckle escaped his  mouth. JunYoung and J-Hyo both were whispering and gentle shoving each other excitedly, making it obvious. I shot them a warning look making them both shut up. "Why are you guys talking about my eyes?" He asked curiously. J-Hyo gave a childish smile and made a kissy face. "Your so cute! Kiss me!" He said in a girly voice. I giggled as he crept towards J-Hope. "Your weird, J-Hyo." He said backing up. JunYoung scooted closer towards me and rested his head on my shoulder. "What are you doing?" I asked panic rising in me. J-Hyo tackled J-Hope and laughed. "I feel bad for your girl friend." He said leaping off of him. "Childish much?" J-Hope said raising a eyebrow. J-Hyo stood up and stretched and yawned. "Are you still upset about Ashley?" JunYoung asked. J-Hope grunted and rolled his eyes and mumbled something underneath his breath. J-Hyo looked down at the tan carpet in deep thought and he shrugged. "Kind of, but I'll live." He said softly. "Who needs girls." J-Hope said flatly. I felt anger and fusteration burn in me as he stared at me when he said it. What happened to yesterday? He was the one who was charming me.. "I do to...I don't want to grow old and be all by myself and raise cats." J-Hyo said pretending to cry, burying his face in my shoulder. "You won't.. " I sad trying to be reassuring. He looked up at me and a smile spread across his lips. "How about you go on a date with me and JunYoung?" He asked staring at me micheviously. I felt my face turn slightly red. Go on a date witht them? "Why?" JunYoung asked staring at him his head tightly tilted. J-Hyo shrugged and smiled. "I want to know who she likes more out of me and you." She said competitively. I akwardly sat there and looked down. I like them both as friends...What's the whole point of this? "You guys are wasting your time." J-Hope said as he layed down on the carpet and rested his feet on the coffee table. All three of us stared at him blankly. "What do you mean by that?" JunYoung asked sounding kind of angry. "She obviously likes me more then both of you, right Aleigh?" He asked looking over at me. "Well see about that." J-Hyo said giving a half smile. Honestly, I am not for sure about how I feel about everything right now. "Are you ok?" J-Hope asked surprising me once more. "Since when did you become so worried over her?" 5Zic asked joining our little conversation. J-Hope looked at everyones amused faces and huffed. "What do you mean? She seems upset. You guys can't tell me that I'm the only one who's worried." He said staring at me concernedly. He's worried...J-Hyo sat on his knees and bursted out laughing. "You just admitted it!" He said pointing childishly at him. J-Hope's pale cheeks turned bright red and he gave him a annoyed stare. "Must you really make everything obvious?" He asked annoyedly. I smiled at him and patted him on the shoulder. "Thanks for caring." I said making him smile a little. "Well about the whole taking you out a date...Are you ok with it?" JunYoung asked leaning in towards me. I giggled and smiled. "Yeah, it'd be fun." I said shrugging. "Well I'm going to do your make up." J-Hope said softly. Make up? "You wear make up?" 5Zic asked staring at J-Hope a tiny smile spreading across his face. J-Hope groaned in fusteration. "No, but Jesse's friend made me do her make up." He said crossing his arms. "Why does she need make up? She's already gourgeous." J-Hyo said with a quick glance. I ducked down a little at the boys stares. J-Hyo blushed slightly as everyone 'ooohed.' at him. He pouted and akwardly looked at me. "What?! She is!" He objected before hiding his face with the pillow. JunYoung smiled and rested his arm on my shoulder. "I want to take you out first." He said softly. I smiled and struggled to swallow the lump of worry in my throat. "T-That's fine." I said happily. It's going to be fun hanging out with them today. I smiled brightly.

                                    Jesse's POV: I pulled my knees closer to my chest, trying to get out the water that was always freezing me to the bone. Where are you, Bubby? 'I'm always here for you.' JunYoung's and J-Hopes echoed in my head like a song. Then where are they now? My body ached from all the beatings and I groaned as I moved my arm that dangled limply. What did I even do to deserve this? I jumped and struggled to hide behind a huge hunk of wood pressed against my rusty pole. "Where is the little thing anyway?" A angry voice called out.  Fear surged through me and I closed my eyes tightly. Please...Someone help me. "Come out, you little brat!" A voice called out harshly. I peaked my head slightly out from behind the wood carefully. I let out a startled scream as someone popped up in front of me. "I found him, sir!" The person yelled loudly. Is that...A girl? She grabbed my broken arm fiercley making me scream in pain. I struggled to stop myself from sliding across the wet floor as she pulled me. The horrible face of Max appeared and he held a latern in his hand. "Looks like your precious brothers aren't coming for you." He mocked pouting his lips sarcastically. I narrowed my eyes and felt rage rise in me. "Yes they will! Your just a coward and won't take them on yourself." I spat angerily. He let out a low grunt that sounded like a growl and stood their rigidly. They are coming for me again right? Of course they are...They wouldn't give up on me. Max snickered and grabbed my arm viciously. "To bad.."

           Pain surged through me but I bit my lip to try and not scream. Don't let him know that your in pain. I snickered and spun around with all of my strenght left in me and kicked him hard in the jaw. He stumbled back while holding his jaw in pain. I ran around the cellar rapidly, not knowing where I was going. I heard his deep voice yelling for the girl named Ashley to grab me. Panic surged through me as I heard her heavy footsteps from behind me. Pain surged through my beaten up and bruised legs but I forced myself to keep going. "Come here!" She screamed as I turned sharply, avoding her completely. I looked around rapidly in the dark and gasped in relief as light flooded down the staries. I made a quick dash for it, stomping up the staries loudly. I bursted out of the cellar and the bright lights dazzled me. Soldiers of all sizes looked over at me dumbfoundedly. "Don't just stand there, grab him!" Max yelled as he appeared at the door of the cellar. I flinched as soldiers dived for me. J-Hope! JunYoung! My chest hurt as I continued to run with my legs aching with protest. I bursted through the front door with the sound of people shooting guns after me. I ran as fast as I could towards the woods. Almost there...The bright green woods seemed to be calling my name and the fresh green grass underneath my feet seemed to make me feel like I was in heaven. I stopped suddenly as I felt pain surge through me. I looked down and saw a fresh bullet hole through my scarred leg. I screamed and stumbled foreword. I gasped.

         I fell to my knees and held my leg in pain. I can't believe...I was so close but they shot me.. I felt tears form in my eyes and I sighed deeply. What are you doing Jesse....Maybe it's time to give up. "Jesse?!" A voice said loudly. I weakly looked up and went wide eyed. J-Hope was standing in front of me with .shock on his face. "J-J Hope..." I stammered feeling warm tears stream down my face. He knelt down down to me quickly and grabbed my leg that had bright red blood pouring from it. "It's going to be ok, you hear me?" He said looking at me softly. Even though I'm in so much pain, I felt a smile spread across my lips. "I-I knew you'd come for me.." I said softly. He looked at me and tears formed in his light blue eyes. He ripped his black shirt and wrapped it tightly around my aching bloody leg. I couldn't have asked for a better brother. "Where's JunYoung?" I asked looking around for him. J-Hope gave a tiny smile and picked me up in his arms. "He's with the others." He said softly. Others? As if seeing my curiousity he smiled and chuckled. "He's fine. He's actually on a date with a girl." He said raising a eyebrow at me. I felt my smile fall and I made a face in disguist. "Who needs girls." I mumbled flatly. He just smiled.

      "Guys needs girls." He said aoviding my suprised look. He usually would have agreed with me. "Are you liking a girl, J-Hope?" I asked trying to put my injured leg into a more comfortable position. He stared at me bewildered and opened his mouth then closed it. "No, I am not." He said sharply. Disappointment stabbed me and I sighed. J-Hope is a really nice guy if he is given the chance. "Your 13, why don't you have a girlfriend?" J-Hope asked turning the tables on me. I shrugged and smiled. I saw a white house come into view and he sat me down on the porch steps gentle. "This is were we all are staying." He mumbled before turning around. I stood up quickly, ignoring the sharp pain that went through my leg. "I'm going to get the others." He said turning around quickly. I slowly sat down and looked around at the looming woods uneasily. I fidgeted uneasily and begged J-Hope to hurry up. I jumped as a twig cracked in the woods and I felt myself tense up. What was that? I stood up quickly and felt fear rise in me. I jumped once more as the door swung open. "Jesse's here?" The familiar voice said making my spirits rise. "J-Hyo!" I cheered happily. Me and him are almost as close as me and JunYoung and J-Hope. He's the brother Iv'e always wanted. He hugged me tightly and spun me around. "We missed you." He said softly in my ear. I went wide eyed as max stood in front of us, furhter away with a gun pointed at me. I closed my eyes and jumped quickly in front of him. A second later, a unbearable pain scorched through my chest. I landed on the grass with a loud thud. I stared up at the beautiful blue sky and felt the world spin around me. "Jesse!" J-Hyo screamed jumping past the steps and landing beside me. Everyone crowded around me, but I heard the angry fighting of J-Hope and Max. "Your going to be fine.." J-Hyo said starting to have tears form in his light brown eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but blood dripped down the side of my mouth. "J-J-Hyo...Your...my brother..." I said struggling to say the words. I shakily raised my hand up and wiped his tears away. Please don't cry for me. "Your my brother to. I love you with all my heart, Jesse. You can't leave us." He said and I felt his warm tears fall on me. "I...I'm ok.." I said focusing on the clear blue sky. I felt my body go limp and the pain started to ebb away as I slowly closed my eyes. Please let them be ok, now they don't have to worry about saving me. Bye...

                             Aleigh's POV: "Your spilling your ice cream." JunYoung said amusedly. I felt my face turn slightly red and I my wrist that was all sticky now. "Thanks for informing me." I said my choclate ice cream cone. It's been a fun day today, wev'e been chilling at the park together alot today. It's supposed to be a date but it seems like two friends hanging out at the park. "I wonder what the others are doing." JunYoung mumbled out loud half to himself. I nodded in agreement and smiled at him. "This has been alot of fun." I said cheerfully. He smiled and stared at me amusedly. "Even when you flipped off the handel bars of the bike?" He asked trying not to laugh. I rolled my eyes and frowned as I could still feel the pain in my arm. "You distracted me." I objected feeling slightly embarrassed. I'm glad that others weren't here to see that happen to me. I sighed and put my feet on the picinic table where we were sitting. We were chilling under a thick tree with branches that dangled down as if it was reaching out to us. The bright orange and pink sky casted shadows and the river view sparkled brightly making the view kind of romantic. I squirmed akwardly and JunYoung just rested hes arms on his thighs. "If you want to leave, we can." He said as if he realized that I was starting to feel akward. I opened my mouth to say that we can leave if he wants but more people started showing up. "Hurry mommy! The fireworks are about to start!" She yelled pulling her mother towards the river edge were everyone was. 

          "Fireworks?" JunYoung asked curiously. Everyone was sitting along the edege of the water, happily talking. "We can stay and watch them if you want." I suggested feeling my face slightly turn red. His blue eyes glowed brightly and a huge smile spread across his face. "That's fine. I got the best spot, to." He said grabbing a low hanging branch. He grunted as he climbed higher and higher. I gulped nervously and climbed up after him. I struggled to find a spot to put my feet. Don't fall...Don't fall...Don't fall...I repeated constantly in my head. JunYoung was near the top and the leaves thinned out to reveal the beautiful sky. I was clenching a branch tightly above my head. He laughed when he saw me. "Come here, we can share this branch." He said scooting over slightly. I hesitantly sat down on the thick branch beside him. I felt my heart race rapidly as I realized how close together we were. A moment later beautiful fireworks exploded into the sky. "That's so pretty..." I said in awe. JunYoung nodded and looked up with a tiny smile on his lips. I never thought I'd have so much fun with someone. I blushed heavily as I felt his hand lock with mine. I looked down casually and smiled. JunYoung's cheeks were slightly red and he was looking away like nothing happened. I ducked down as the exploding sounds of the fireworks sounded so close. I paused as I realized my head was pratically on his chest. He smiled at me and I slowly layed my head down on his chest. Oh god...Aleigh! What are you doing?! He sighed and looked at me.

             Great....Did I do something wrong? A moment later of sitting like this with each other, the fireworks ended. "Are you ready to head back?" He asked looking down at me. I slowly sat up and yawned loudly. I almost fell asleep on him! "I'm sorry.." I said feeling the old embarrassment come back. He smiled and looked at me. "No, it's ok. It was cute." He said with a shrug. He stretched and yawn to and leaped down skillfully from the branches. I followed him down carefully. I stopped as I heard a person saw something near by. Who was that? Panic rose in me and I looked around. I screamed as a face popped up from behind me. I lost my balance and walked backwards. I struggled to grab a branch but failed miserable. I screamed loudly and started falling fast towards the ground making fear surge through me. I saw the bright green grass race towards me and I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. It never came.. I opened my eyes to see a boy with black bangs and green eyes. I blushed heavily as I realized how cute he was. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He mumbled softly. He sat me down slowly and JunYoung stared at the boy wide eyed. "Sungjae! What are you doing out here?" He asked dumbfoundedly. Sungjae looked from me then to him. "It's Jesse." He said his voice muffled by grief. I took a step towards him worriedly. Did they torture him some more? What did they do to him? "What happened to him?" JunYoung asked his blue eyes wide. Sungjae rested his hands on JunYoung's shoulders and I could see their close friendship. "JunYoung, Jesse's dead." He mumbled making my blood turn to ice. He's...Dead? No! He can't be dead! "Your joking!" I said.

             He can't be....Please don't let him be dead... "I-I...failed him..." JunYoung said looking out in space. My heart seemed to break to a million pieces. I slowly walked over to him. "It's not your fault." I said gentle. He stared at me and tears formed in his blue eyes. "N-No...I promised we'd be there for him." He said clenching his fist. "You tried to save him." I said feeling tears form in my eyes to. I looked over my shoulder and realized that the others came with Sungjae. J-Hope looked like he was zoned out completely. J-Hyo's bright smile and face was gone completely. I covered my mouth as I realized that blood was stuck to his clothes. JunYoung must have seen it to, because he went wide eyed. "What...Happened?" He asked his voice small and defeated. J-Hope looked up slowly, his blue eyes red and puffy. "He was shot." He mumbled his voice barely louder then a whisper. I felt warm tears stream down my face and I looked down. I wish I could have helped him, when he first showed up on my door step. "It's not your fault." J-Hyo said looking up at me. I avoided his gaze and clenched my fist. "He was just a little boy! Why would they kill him!" I screamed feeling anger and rage rush through me. I looked up and J-Hyo gentle my face, wiping away my tears. "He's free...He told me him self that he's going to be ok. He won't have to deal with being shot at or hunted down." He said softly. I bit my bottom lip and struggled not to cry. I couldn't help it anymore, I flung myself into his arms. "He couldn't have asked for better brothers..." I sobbed as if I could feel their pain. J-Hyo stood their rigidly as if he didn't know what to do. "Aleigh..." He said hugging me back tightly. I sighed.

                    JunYoung's POV: I stared at them and looked down. J-Hyo held her tightly with some kind of emotion in his eyes. Aleigh is a sweet girl... No one could ever doubt that. Are you happy Jesse? "The thing we can do for him now is be strong." J-Hope said shakily. Aleigh opened to say something to him but she closed . J-Hope looked at her and pulled her close to him. "We wouldn't have been this far without you." He said hugging her tightly. She went wide eyed her pale cheeks slightly red. 5Zic nodded in agreement even though he didn't have no expression. Aleigh walked up to me slowly with regret in her blue eyes. "I'm sorry, JunYoung." She said softly. I gave her a weak smile and hugged her tightly. I felt my heart beat fast and I found myself hugging her tighter. She's such a good friend. No one has ever cried or even helped us. J-Hyo rested his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "J-Hope faught like a girl." He joked, making everyone laugh. "Did not." J-Hope objected fusteration in his blue eyes. J-Hyo grinned and wrapped his arm around Aleigh's shoulder. "Thanks for helping us Aleigh." He said softly. He leaned down and kissed her forehead softly as he hugged her again.