Taken

Shattered

Aleigh's POV: I looked out my window that was slightly open letting cold air blow in the room making me shiver. I looked at the beautiful woods that loomed darkly around us. Of course my father will make sure that we were properaly sheltered. I stood up and hoped off my white wide window seal. I walked across my dark room and felt the soft carpeting between my toes. I flopped on my huge bed with a sigh and pushed my face into my soft blue covers. I froze as I heard loud footsteps walking down the hallway loudly. Voices echoed through my thin white door and I looked up at the ceiling casually. "Aleigh, are you in here?" My dad asked swinging open the door. I looked at his black outline and I raised my hand over my head to let him know I was here. "Why do you have all the lights off?" He asked stumbling towards me. I grabbed my hello kitty pillow and hugged it tightly. "It's midnight. I'm going to bed." I said struggling to grab my covers. He sat on the edge of my bed, sitting on my covers as well. "I need those."  I said flatly. He sighed and flopped down beside me making me bounce slightly. "You know there is killers on the loose." He said glancing in the direction I was laying. I rolled over on my side and looked at my huge dresser that was pressed against the wall. I wish just for once he would stop talking about killers, and other things like that. I know it's his job but it gets old. "Your going to grow up and be a amazing cop one day." He said my long dark brown hair that was sprawled out in different directions. "I don't want to be one." I said irratatedly. My dads gray hair faintly glowed in the moonlight that started to lite up my room. "You know you don't have a choice." He said scoldingly. Before I could say anything else, a man opened the door and stood there rigid with a blank expression as he stared foreword. "Max, we need you." He said monotone like. I sat up quickly with a rush of sadness surging through me. My dad stared at me and gave me a curt nod. "I'll be back." He said seriously. I stood in front of him as he stood up. He his prickly beard and sighed. "Aleigh, move." He said gentle shoving me aside. "You never have any time for me! You want me to do what you want but when I want to spend time with you, you won't." I objected feeling my voice rise. My dad exchanged a look with the shoulder that was dressed in all black and he was wearing a black hat with buttons all over it. "That's because punishing people for their crimes is much more important." He said fixing his black and white tie before walking towards the solider who saluted. I grunted and pushed my way past them angerily. I stomped down my fancy wooden stairs that slightly curved. Once I reached the bottom I looked around at the soliders that was huddled together as they looked at a huge map that was spread across our glass coffee table. They all gave me a curiuos look as I walked past them. I felt a slight smile spread across my lips as I heard someone singing in our huge red and white kitchen that you would see on a cooking channel. A maid wearing a uniform with her hair tied up in a pony tail her blonde hair hanging down perfectly behind her shoulders. "Ashley." I said calmly sitting at the huge long table and rested my head in my hands and watched her work around the kitchen as usual. "You know were both going to get in trouble if they see you in here with me." Ashley said regret glowing in her brown eyes. I snickered and mumbled under my breath. Just because she's our maid...It's stupid. "But  me and you are friends." I objetced playing with the white table cloth. Ashley looked around nervously before sitting in a wooden chair beside me. "You know that I'm not supposed to talk, or eat until you and the soliders are done." She said softly. I looked her deep in the eyes and felt the old spark of sympathy in me. She tries so hard to make it the best for us, but her life is horrible. "How about I cook?" I suggested with a shrug. She shook her head no with her brown eyes wide like I said a cuss word or something. "My dad wouldn't even know, he's to busy paying attention to his dumb work." I said angerily. Ashley leaned over our stove and stirred soup that made my mouth water. "You know that he's good at what he does." She said as I stood up and pushed in my chair making it scrape against the tile floor. "I'm going outside." I said softly ignoring her plead to have a soilder to go with me. A girl needs her space, not a expressionless person following me around. I walked outside and smiled as sat on our white porch swing that creaked everytime I swung in and out. The dark woods stretched around me making me feel like I was being swallowed by shadows. The cold moonlight felt good on my face and I smiled slightly. I froze and stopped swinging as I heard a loud scream. I went wide eyed and stood up slowly. That sounded like...Like a little kid.. I walked down the white rotting porch steps slowly and onto the short springy grass. My throat felt dry and I gulped constantly. "Hello?" I called out softly. I jumped and covered my mouth as I heard a faint gun shot. My heart pounded loudly and I felt my knees go weak. I tensed as there was footsteps running fast towards me. I went wide eyed as a kid bursted out of the woods and tripped and skidded across the ground. His clothes were all torn up, and blood trickled down his face. "Are you ok?" I asked softly. The little boy looked up at me, his dark brown hair sticking to his bloody forehead. I reached my hand out to him quickly. He stared at me with uncertainy in his beautiful blue eyes. He finally reached for it and sighed. "Who are you?" He asked his young sounding voice not matching his appearance. "I'm Aleigh. Who are you?" I asked pulling him up on the porch. He sat down on the steps, as far as he dared to go. "I can't tell you." He mumbled looking down. I rested my hand on his shoulder and sat down beside him. "Yeah you can." I said softly. He stared at me and sighed. "I'm Jesse." He said before looking away. "I have to go, my brothers need me." He said sounding horrified. I stood in front of him. Before either of us could say anything, the door swung open. Jesse hid behind me quickly. My dad raised a eyebrow and I grabbed Jesse's hand and put him in front of me. "Who is that?" He asked harshly. Jesse stared at me wide eyed and I smiled warmly. "This is Jesse, he came from the woods." I said still unsure. Was that person trying to shoot him? My dad leaned down and stared Jesse straight in the eyes. "Where did you come from?" He asked curiously. Jesse held his gaze evenly. "I can't tell you." He said taking a step back. My dad flexed his jaw and stood straight up. "Why not?" He asked sounding angery. Jesse glared heavily and crossed his arms. "My brothers won't like that." He said softly. My dad grinned and his eyes were locked on something. "You have a weird birth mark..." He said staring at the boy. Jesse looked at his neck were a small birth mark was that looked like angel wings. Jesse covered it up quickly. What is he talking about? My dad snapped his fingers and two soliders grabbed Jesse. He kicked violently his blue eyes wide with shock and fear. "Dad! Put him down!" I yelled angerily. My dad glared at me and shoved me aside. "He's related to those criminals. I did some research on them, their names are JunYoung and J Hope."

                             J Hope's POV: I grunted as a twig hit me square in the face. "Watch out for twigs." JunYoung said glancing over his shoulder. "Yeah, thanks for the warning." I said sarcastically as I touched my cheek that had warm blood trickling down the side. We both stuck close together as we drudged through the black woods that surrounded us on everyside. "Where did he go?" I asked fixing my shoe that was about to come off from the mud that at my feet as we walked through a swamp. The cold water surged through my skinny jeans piercing my legs. "Will you be quiet?" JunYoung said exaggeratedly as my teeth chattered loudly. "S-Sorry." I said closing my mouth tightly. It's not my fault, it's cold outside and were walking through water. He stopped suddenly as if he just heared or seen something. "Shh." He said holding his arm out straight out across my chest. "I wasn't talking. Don't tell me what to do." I said angerly. He shot me a warning look and I pulled out my silver chain that hade blades on both sides. Duty calls...How come Jesse couldn't have stayed in the house when we told him to? He could be any where by now. Mens voices echoed around us bouncing off the trees. JunYoung stood back to back with me his black gun clutched tightly in his hand. Men bursted through the bushes and trees and circled around us. "What are you doing out here?" One of them asked and I squinted and I could barely see the shiny pins that a soldier would wear. I tapped JunYoung three times on his leg with my foot to let him know that it was a soldier, in our secretive way that no one else knew about. "Where going for a late night walk." I said coolly. The lead man with a buzz cut studied me carefully and snickered. "Well your going to have to turn back." He said sharply. I squeezed the blade tightly and bit my bottom lip. Not yet, J Hope. Junyoung gave me a warning look and I smiled polietly with all of my self control. One of the men gasped and pointed to my neck. I went wide eyed as they pointed their huge guns at me. I turned around quickly and kicked off a thick tree, and landed slashed my blade out so that it wrapped around the lead soldiers neck. He went wide eyed as I pulled him towards me. "You either tell us where my little brother is, or I kill you right here." I said yanking the chain hard so that it sliced his neck a little. The soldier narrowed his dark brown eyes and hit me super hard with his black gun. I stumbled black and held my mouth. I tasted blood and I glared heavily at him. "No, don't J Hope!" JunYoung yelled standing in front of me. The soldier grinned and pointed the gun at us. "I knew it. That boy had the same mark." He said before giving a snicker. What did they do to Jesse? Anger bubbled in me and I charged at him. I slashed my blade out and it scratched his face, making blood splatter on my face. The soldier tried punching me, swinging unsteady punches. I ducked skillfully and kicked his feet from underneath him. JunYoung did a back flip and raised his arm up and when he landed, his fist met his face at full speed. I leaned over him and wraped the blade around his neck and pulled violently. He let out a sickning choking sound as he pulled at the blood chain. I stared at JunYoung who gave a curt nod. I sighed heavily and looked away as I yanked really hard and the sickning snap of the neck followed. Blood splattered on my face and I slowly looked at him. His head was furhter away and at the feet of the other soldiers. They looked at us in horror before running quickly. "We got to run after them, if they get there before we do, they'll lock everything up." He said before breaking out into another run. I struggled to see the branches as they hit me in the face. More blood trickled down my face and I sighed. "My beautiful face, it's getting broken." I said giving a shaky laugh. Soldiers were walking further ahead while whispering to each other. "I can't believe he was killed. Shouldn't we just give the boy to them?" One of them asked their voice filled with fear. The other soliders mumbled to each other. I stealthy picked up my feet, running like I was running on a thin cloud. I grinned micheviously as I could just now make them out. I took my blood blade and banged it hard against a hollow tree so that it sounded like a gun shooting. "Their here!" One of them screeched making them run around blindly in fear. I covered my mouth and struggled not to burst out laughing. JunYoung was already running towards a white house that towered above us. "Stop goofing around." He snapped as I ran behind him. I rolled my eyes and looked at the white house. It looks brand new and fancy. I kneeled down in front of the door and wrapped the chain around the door knob, the blades locking together. I yanked harder and harder and I could hear the snapping of the wood. I gave a hard tug and the door barely went off it's hinges. JunYoung spun around and kicked it violently making it fly inside. "Come on." He whispered taking the lead once more. We both crept through the dark house that had moonlight pouring through windows through out the house. I'm surprised they didn't hear us burst down the door. "We should split up." JunYoung said softly. I felt panic rise in me but I didn't object. "I'll check upstaires." I said looking at the white staires that curved blocking the rest of the view. He nodded and ran ahead keeping low. I took a deep breath and forced myself to walk up the staires. I hate doing this, but we have to in order to survive...To stay free. They creaked slightly under my feet and I held my breath, ready for the soldiers. I peaked my head around the corner and gasped as I saw a girl. She was sitting on her window seal. "You." I said walking towards her with my blade shining in the moonlight. She went wide eyed and I pointed my finger at her. "Show me were my brother is." I growled. She opened to say something but nothing came out. Instead of trying to escape she nodded. "I tried stopping them but they wouldn't listen." She said keeping her voice low. I snickered and pinned her against the wall. I pressed the bloody blade close to . "Don't you lie to me. I'm not dumb, I will hurt you." I threatened. She looked at me wide eyed in horror. I don't want to hurt her either. "Where is he?" I asked more calmly. She gulped and looked at a white door that seemed old and cracked. We both crept towards it and I opened it slowly. I pressed my blade against as we both walked down the steps towards what looked like a cellar. "I-I promise, he is down here." She said shakily. I pulled out my lighter and looked at the stone staires as I walked and felt a spark of fear surge through me. I stopped as I heard someone call my name. "Jesse?" I called out putting out my lighter and running in the direction the voice came from. "We got to stay quiet." The girl whispered to me. I stared at her curiously. Why is she even helping me anyway? "Oh...Ok."

                          Aleigh's POV: Don't mess up...Don't mess up.. I forced myself to remain calm as we both walked by each other. The boy still pressed the blade close to my throat. I looked over my shoulder and hoped that my dad wouldn't show up. Jesse was hanging up on the wall his feet dangling down. A hook held his hand cuffs in place. "Get me out of these hand cuffs then I can drop onto the ground." Jesse said desperately. The boy turned towards me and faced me quickly. "You keep watch, if you try anything, I will kill you." He threatedened his blue eyes burning into mine. I nodded obiedently. So much for trying to run.. The boy uncuffed the hand cuffs and Jesse dropped down to the ground. "Thank you for helping me, Aleigh." Jesse said running into my arms. I hugged him tightly and messed up his hair. "Your welcome." I said happily. His older brother stared at me expressionless. We all jumped as the door opened. A second boy ran down staires quickly. "Jesse! Your safe!" He said wrapping up Jesse in a big hug. "I gues...Thanks for your cooperation." The other boy said looking away awkwardly. I just nodded and the three brothers quickly headed towards the staires again. Before I could follow after them, the door bursted in. I gasped and we all took a step back. My dad and a bunch of soldiers stomped down staires. "Don't move!" My dad screamed as the older brothers sheilded Jesse. My dad pointed his huge shot gun at the brothers. "Don't dad!" I said standing in front of them. My dad went wide eyed and stared at me dumbfounded. "These are criminals, Aleigh. Move!" He shouted angerly. I looked over my shoulder at Jesse who looked horrified. He grabbed his brothers hands and stood their rigid. What all have they exactly did? The one with black hair that kinda stuck up with the blades stared at my dad angerly. "I dare you." He growled. My dad narrowed his eyes and pointed the gun at Jesse. He wouldn't shoot a innocent boy...? The soldiers hesitated and stared at each other nervously. The older brother wrapped his arm around my neck as fast as lightning, making me gag. "J Hope! Don't!" Jesse yelled at his brother. I looked up at the boy pleadingly. My dad stared at me in horror and he slightly lowered the gun. "If you shoot my brothers, your precious daughter is going down with them." He said pressing the cold blade against my neck. I tried struggling out his grip but failed. I helped them...Why would he kill me like this? My dad stared at me with hatred and sadness in his eyes. I went wide eyed as he lifted the gun pointing it at Jesse. J Hope's grip on me grew tighter and he looked down at me no longer then a second. Was that regret... in his eyes? I screamed as my dad shot the gun, making everything go quiet. Jesse let out a scream and held his shoulder tightly. J Hope spun around quickly and kicked off the wall. He kept a firm grip on me, with his blade in his hand. The other brother fired the gun, lighting up the cellar no longer then a second. I struggled to get out his grip but he squeezed tighter. "Go back for Jesse!" J Hope yelled at his brother. The other brother nodded and stayed down staires as we bursted into the kitchen again. "Let me go!" I screamed my voice shaking with fear. What is he going to do with me?  He looked around quickly and I could hear his rapid breathing. "Freeze!" A shoulder yelled appearing out of no where. He cussed under his breath and leaped at him. He slashed out his blade making it wrap around the soldiers ankle. He flew back and J Hope gave a smirk. "Don't mess with me.." He growled stepping the soliders chest. I closed my eyes as he cut the soldiers throat. I heard the sick gurgling of blood and J Hope turned away. He ran towards a open window and leaped out of it quickly. I looked over his shoulder and gasped as there was a soldier hiding in the bushes. "Soldier!" I shouted making him look over his shoulder to. He picked up his pace and held me tightly in his arms. "Keep your head down." He whispered to me. I blushed slightly as I buried my face in his chest. I gasped as He stumbled and he stopped suddenly. I looked up and pain clouded his face. I felt something warm and sticky on my arm. I looked down and gasped as I saw a bullet hole in his shoulder. "Are you ok?" I asked softly. He stopped and hid behind a thick trunked tree. "You try running around with a girl in your arms." He snapped placing his hand over his shoulder. I gulped and touched the wound softly. "I can patch you up." I said softly. He flinched and pulled away. "I don't need some useless girls help." He growled his blue eyes like fire. I gasped as the other brother stood beside J Hope. "JunYoung, where's Jesse?" J Hope asked nervously. JunYoung stared at his brother deep in the eyes, his black flippy hair sticking to his bloody face. "They took him away...Tried to stop him.." He said struggling to catch his breath. I stared at them and felt a pinch of sympathy for them. They did all of this just for their brother..."We can't give up." I said determinadly. They both stared at me blankly. "What do you suggest we do?" JunYoung said sounding in pain. J Hope glared heavily at me. "We don't need your help." He snapped angerly. I opened my mouth to object but JunYoung went wide eyed. "Wait, she's the sargents daughter. That means he won't hurt her, maybe she can free him."  He mumbled half to himself. J Hope snickered and raised a eyebrow at me. "Why would you want to help us?" He asked flatly. I sighed and studied my clothes that had J Hope's blood on it. "Jesse is innocent and you guys don't want to hurt people. You just want your brother, so I'm going to help." I said sweetly. JunYoung and J Hope stared at each other no longer then a second. "Are you sure?" JunYoung asked at last. I nodded and sighed. "I don't like leaving people in need behind." I mumbled. J Hope rested his hand on my shoulder. "Your brave...Just don't be stupid." He said his blue eyes filled with gratefulness. I smiled and nodded.