Chapter 2

The Boy Who Knew Too Much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Narrator's POV]

JoonMyeon tried his best to cook beef stew, but his mind kept wandering to the boy in his apartment. He found him freezing on the sidewalk with only a thin jacket. The boy hadn't talked at all and seemed to keep it that way. JoonMyeon didn't know anything about the boy, not even his name. Something bugged him though.

JoonMyeon was driving home half an hour ago. Usually he took the freeway, but something told him to take the street route. That's when he saw the boy sitting on the sidewalk. It was as if fate made him drive that route to meet the younger.

The boy was so skinny. His cheeks seemed to sink into his face and his arms were like two sticks. JoonMyeon wondered when the boy last ate anything. He was transferring the soup into two bowls as he heard a crash from upstairs.

JoonMyeon raced up the stairs to find the boy in his new bedroom. The boy panically stood there and stared at JoonMyeon as broken glass lay at his feet. "Are you ok?" JoonMyeon asked with concern. The boy nodded as JoonMyeon saw the younger try to hide his left hand. "What happened to your hand?" The boy slowly showed his hand to JoonMyeon, as the older let out a little gasp. A piece of glass stuck out of the boy's hand, blood dripping down his arm.

JoonMyeon quickly got a first aid kit. He instructed the boy to sit on the bed as he carefully pulled the glass out and bandaged his hand without making any physical contact. The boy made it clear through his actions that he didn't like being touched, even the slightest skin contact wasn't acceptable.

JoonMyeon swallowed hard once he realized the boy was only wearing a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping from his wet hair on his skinny body. The boy noticed JoonMyeon's stare and embarrassingly blushed. JoonMyeon awkwardly cleared his throat before breaking the silence. "I'll clean up the glass whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter