o05 || нєαятвєαтs

Don't hold Your Breathe

 

Minji tossed and turned and fought with the large down comforter that covered her up to her neck. She tossed and tossed some more. Then flailed her arms in a effort to get from under the sheet. She was burning up. Her eyes shot open and she sat up in rage. The cover fell off her upper body . She was still hot though a kicked violently while cursing under her breathe while trying to escape the comforter.
 
The sheet was finally off and she sighed. She looked around notice a unfamiliar room. The walls a deep blue with grey accents. She cocked her head to the side puzzled by the situation. She turned to her right to see ‘him’ staring at her with eyes wide. She jumped surprised by his presence. After a few minutes of avoiding his gaze..
 
“what am I doing here?” she asked breaking the silence. But then a sharp pain kicked in and she pressed her palm to the back of her head and curled into a ball. The pain intensifying. He was a bit caught off guard and hesitated but he soon after jumped from his seat and hopped on the bed. She was now screaming and rocking back and forth from the sharp pain that kept emerging from the back of her head.
 
“make it stop, make it stop!” she cried as the pain intensified. She tried kicking and tried to think of other things but nothing could stop this pain. He sat next to her and didn’t know what to do. He quickly took out his phone and called 911.  After hanging up he flung his phone and tried to think of what he could do for her.
 
He couldn’t think of anything but without hesitation his hands wrapped around her and he pulled her into an embrace. She continued to squeal and yelp until she realized what he had done. Her screams stopped and so did her heart. He smelled so good and she took a deep breathe enjoying the moment but the pain wasn’t gone. No where near gone.
 
But she felt so safe in his arms. He would occasionally squeeze and rub her arm. He even planted his chin in her hair. Her head rested on his chest and he begun her hair, carefully trying to avoid the spot that he had bandaged. She could hear  his heartbeat and time stopped at that time. She heard this large grandfather clock in the room. The ticking echoed in her ears as did his gentle heart beat. It matched hers and though the pain was still there, hearing his heart beat aligned with hers kept her from screaming. But her eyes started to go out of focus and then she cried. Tears fell while the pain erupted. She played hide and seek with consciousness. 
 
His heartbeat still matching hers she smiled though crying. She looked up to him who moved as she did staring down at her.
 
“Don’t cry! Please don’t cry! I know it hurts but don’t think about it and only look at me!” He said with a distressed look in his eyes. She continued sobbing as tears rolled down her face. He didn’t like the agony written on her face and it bothered him. Though he knew he couldn’t feel the pain she was feeling he was hurt looking at her tears. He wanted to make it all stop.
 
She struggled to focus in on his face, but it was hard. When she finally did he was coming closer. And at that moment her heart stopped. He pressed his lips gently to hers and caught her off guard. She didn’t pull away because for once the pain had stop and was replaced with a blissful feeling. He removed his lips from hers which immediately allowed her heart to beat again. But he heard the ambulance downstairs.
 
He swooped her up in his arms and rushed downstairs as fast as he could. He rushed through the front door seeing the ambulance pulling out the stretcher. He laid her down gently and tried to stand but her hands stayed intertwined behind his neck. Once she could no longer feel his chest against her cheek the pain emerged. She didn’t want to let him go but she swung both arms from around his neck and the reached for her head.
 
“Ahhhh!!!!!!!!~” she scream startling everyone. His expression was pained as she continued to scream and hold her head. They were now putting the stretcher in ambulance and Pyo saw a car pull up and looked to see who it was. He saw it was Zico and turned to get in the ambulance. But he double took seeing Zico had a passenger. It was Minji’s Friend.
 
“Hold on please?” Pyo said to the EMT and they nodded proceeding to put Minji in the ambulance. Pyo jogged to the car and her friend hopped out before the car came to a stop.
 
“Yah. Are you crazy?” Zico called to CL who stumbled a bit but recovered quickly and flew past Pyo whose eyes were wide. Zico stopped and hopped out and flew past Pyo. He shot Pyo the “Don’t ask just Follow” look and Pyo followed.
 
CL didn’t know how to act watching Minji getting in the ambulance. She hopped in the ambulance and Zico and Pyo followed. Minji was quiet due to a medical drip they gave her. She wasn’t aware of her surroundings and couldn’t feel CL holding her hand. Instead she stared blankly at the roof of the ambulance as it pulled off.
 
- - - - At the hospital - - - - 
 
CL was nodding of to sleep waiting for Minji to come out of the operating room. Zico wrapped his hand around her  and pulled her in so she could lean on him and sleep. She didn’t mind and smiled before nodding back off to sleep. Her head kept falling so Zico cupped her face and helped her to lay down in his lap. She was much more comfortable and squirmed around finding the perfect spot and dozing off. Zico stared down admiring how her hair fell into her face. It seemed to scratch or tickle her and she would scrunch up her nose in a attempt to stop the itching. Zico laughed a bit before using his finger to carefully remove the hairs. 
 
Zico sighed after catching himself. He was high off this new feeling she was giving him…though he had many girlfriends none of them ever excited him like Cl did. She was unpredictable and mysterious.
He continued to watch her in an effort to sort out his feelings.
 
On the other hand Pyo sat across from Cl and Zico and was paying no attention to them. Rather he was fidgeting with his phone and his clothes. He couldn’t stop picturing her pained face and couldn’t stop hearing her scream. They echoed in his mind and he sulked. He bent over placing his hands over his face before returning to his previous position. He was anxious.
 
It was his fault she was now in a operating room and he couldn’t stop thinking about how to face her. But then he thought about the kiss. He smiled and then sulked again. He was so conflicted! He didn’t know if he should act like nothing happen, if he should apologize, if he should forget the kiss.
 
He didn’t know anything at this time but all he knew is he had feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time.