o01 || Deja Vu

Don't hold Your Breathe

 

She woke up gasping while holding her chest. She looked around to see her electric blue walls and huge husky staring at her from across the room. Sje continued to exhale deeply and placed her hand on her forehead making sure she was now apart of reality. She patted her forehead a couple of times searching for some kind of dent or whole. 
 
Her hand flopped to her side bouncing of the mattress once. She looked at he clock and flung the comforter off her legs as they hit the floor with record speed. She ran to her balcony and enjoyed the bright sun rays…The images from her chilling dream kept replaying. She rushed inside taking off her clothes as she made her way to the bathroom.  
 
She showered allowing the water to wash away her anxiety…She had a lot to worry about. It was time for midterms and she was barley studying. She quickly dressed herself and made it downstairs and out the door. She walked out to the bus stop and took out her phone. She knew it would be a while before a bus would be coming. She was just about to put in her headphones when she heard loud screaming. She looked up and down the street but saw nothing. She assessed her surroundings waiting to see the source but instead saw calmness.
 
Again she went to put in her head phones until she could hear a rhythmic thump and she could feel the floor vibrate as it got closer. The treble followed the bass and she heard a screech. A car came flying around the corner. She jumped back…the car looked like it would have hit her. She tried to get a look at who was inside as it sped past. She saw a group of guys and rolled her eyes and removed the hair from her face. 
 
[In the Car]
 
He was sitting in the passenger seat and really wished he was else where. The music was making his head hurt and on top of that the loud screams from his friends wasn’t helping. But as he stared out the window he saw “her” 
She was standing at the bus stop. And as the car past the wind blew hair into her face and he was taken back by her beauty. He sighed know he probably wouldn’t see her again.
 
“Lighten up man!” his friend yelled slapping him on his chest.
But instead he just sighed and continued to stare out the window.
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
She finally reached campus after 30 horrendous minutes on the bus sandwiched between two people. She made her way to Namn Hall and walked slowly up the steps. It was pointless to go any faster, she was already late. Just as she turned the corner she flew to the grown with a thud. Someone ran into her.
 
She was dazed and looked up to see a boy panting with his hands on his knees. She was in the process of getting up slowly when she felt arms around her waist. She nearly jumped through the ceiling. She turned around to see another guy smiling. She nodded still confused. The other boy was still panting but went on to help her pick up her books.
 
“Sorry about that…We were in a tight situation..” he said finally catching his breathe
 
“ The coast is clear though now…” the other guy said peeking around the corner. She nodded and was about to walk away when one of them grabbed her hand.
 
“Im U-Kwon and that’s Kyung” 
 
“Hi, Im Minji…But I really have to get going…Im already late for class” she replied
 
“Sorry for keeping you then, and sorry for bumping into you..” She gave a fake smile and began walking down the hall. 
 
“SEE YOU AROUND” one of them screamed. She waved  passively trying to think of a lie to give her professor. She reached her destination and took a deep breathe before opening the door. She calmly walked in and bowed her head to her teacher as she quietly made her way to he seat. 
 
“Well, you finally join us?” the professor called out. “How kind of you” he continued with sarcasm. Minji quietly continued to her seat and sat down. She quickly assessed the board and found the page in her textbook. 
 
“CL….Can I borrow your notes?” she tapped her friend. Not wanting to get caught CL sly slid her book on the floor to Minji. 
“Thanks”
 
She continued through classes. Occasionally thinking about her dream. His face kept popping up. His features clear. She could recognize him in a instance. She sat by the window and as those thoughts preoccupied her mind she stared mindlessly out the window…Still shaken up by the look in his eyes.
 
“Does every have a partner?” The Professor asked. Minji Snapped out of her trance and looked to CL who already paired up with Bom and Dara also was paired up with one of the Freshman. 
 
“I don’t…” Minji trailed off. The professor looked around the room.
 
“Of course you don’t, spacing off…Today just isn’t your day. First your late, now spacing off.” 
 
“im sorry…” 
 
The door busted open just as Minji was about to fall into a deep depression. 
 
“Im sorry for being so late, I ran into some trouble finding the class” The voice said. Minji continued to look down at her desk in anticipation for the scolding to come…And again she was lost in thoughts.
 
“Minji aren’t you lucky…You have the new transfer student as your partner” the professor said. She shook her head waking her from her trance and look next to her to see a tall guy standing over her smiling…But she wasn’t smiling. 
 
Those features…His FACE…Was identical. The small yet full lips, the deep dark eyes, the short orange hair,, the milky skin. He was the one in her dream! She yelped and stood up instantly. Without thinking she ran out the room…The guy was left there standing and frowned not know what was wrong.  The class was confused and whispers broke out. The professor to wasn’t sure what just happened..
 
“These youngsters, I TELL YA!” He scoffed. The new student ran out of the room in a attempt to find his partner. He tried to listen for footsteps and was lucky there wasn’t much traffic in the halls. He jogged down the hall and turned to the isolated stair well…He could hear sighs…He jogged then slowed down…he didn’t want to scare her or anything so he peered around the corner to confirm if it was her or not. He let out a small sigh of relief . 
 
“Are you ok?” he asked as he stood behind the stairs.
 
“Who are you?” Minji replied so lost in thought…
 
“Uh I would be the one you just ran away from…Did I do something to you?” He asked 
 
“Uhh yeah you SHOT ME….” Minji replied unaware of the words leaving . It felt like  a bad déjà vu. 
 
“Wait what?” he asked revealing himself from behind the stairs. She looked up to see that same face. The same face that stared deeply into her eyes before placing a gun to her forehead…and though she knew it was a dream it was to clear, it felt to real. What were the chances of meeting the person who you though didn’t even exist!
 
“Uh… its …well..you see…I had a dream…”
“Uh so you run out of class and have me look like a idiot over a dream?”
 
“Well its not just any dream…you killed me……” his eyes widened and he placed his hand to his face with a light slap.
 
“Well…you don’t hear that everyday.” 
 
“Im serious…I was scared out of my ! Its not everyday you dream about a random person killing you then meet them you know?” Minji said getting up then turning to walk up the stairs. But in a instant like a reflex he grabbed her hand forcefully and brought her down to his level. She looked up at his face with eyes wide…he only smiled and began walking around the corner, then down the hall. 
 
His grip was strong but not painful. She just stared at the way he had his hand wrapped around hers. He then walked confidently into the class room. Once one person caught on the whispers began and Minji tried to remove her hand from his but he squeezed a little tighter he looked back and smiled a sweet smile…but Minji was more concerned about the misunderstanding of her classmates. He dragged her back to her seat where she sat quietly…
 
Something about the situation Frightened her, yet she was overcome by a new feeling…one she wasn’t sure how to interpret.