Zhoury 1: See you in hell

Imperfect people

Zhoumi's POV

I tapped my pen nervously on the surface of the table and bit my lip. The teacher had her nose in some book but her twitching eybrow and blank stare told me that she was pissed as hell. Occasionally she would steal glances - mean glances - at me that made me want to become a puddle of nothing,,,,,

I screwed up, I get it. But I tried - I really tried. It's just - I don't get the sounds, the grammar - everything. So it's not my fault. 

The teacher suddenly closed the book and roughly threw it into a drawer before standing up and moving towards me with a rather scary expression on her face. I gulped and sunk into mu chair knowing all to well what was coming.

"ZHOUMI!!!" - I hated how she pronounced my name. it sounded like she was chewing it to pieces. I winced. - "Why can't you ever work properly? It's only been a WEEK and you have already 2 F's in english!!! You slack off and do nothing, then fail the exam and WE are the once having our paycheck cut in HALF!!!" - she angrily slammed her hands against my desk and I gulped.

She opened to start talking - correction: yelling - again but the door opened to reveal Tiffany-noona - a very pretty and nice teacher.

Trailing after her was a boy I have never seen before - a freshman possibly. The thing I noticed right away were his cheeks - they were the type you wanna pinch. He had also nice plum lips and his eyes - formed in nice crescents - were barely visible. Those were the only nice parts of him. His hair - the colour of light ginger - was way too messed up for my liking. His jacket was taken off, shirt ed near the collar, tie undone and losely hanging around his neck like a dead snake. I scrunched my nose up in distaste and by instict my hand went up to adjust my own tie - didn't want to look like a messy chipmunk after all.

"Mrs. Park there is one more. He is failing math. His name is Henry Lau." Tiffany informed my tormentor before sending me a sympathetic smile.

"ANOTHER one?!?! Oh god, the kids these days!!! They slack off and we pay for it!!!! ..... Literally!!!!!" - Tiffany just smiled at the old lady's complaint and lightly pushed the Henry kid towards the desk on my right. He sloppily put his bag on the floor and sunk deep into the chair while playing with his phone. I on the other hand was seated in the chair with a perfect straight back and my hand calmly settled on the desk. The boy should really learn some manners from his hyung.

Tiffany left and I felt the fright come back creeping its way into my heart. Now that is was just Mrs. Park, me and the new kis she was going to assassinate is. My heart was thumping abnormally fast. The teacher went to get something from her table before plomping something onto both of ours desk.

"You have 20 minutes to do the test." - and she went back to her own table taking out her book yet again. I looked at the test and from the first glance I knew I was doomed. Even the tasks itselves were in English and the only word I managed to understand was "you". Ta-da.

I looked over at Henry and found him in a rather cute state - his mouth was open and I could - barely but still - see his eyes blinking in surprise. He gulped and looked over at our prison guard.

"Aren't you gonna explain first?" - He asked timidly. Mrs. Park looked up from her book looking pissed.

"DO I LOOK LIKE I AM GOING TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING???" - And her attention was back in the book. Henry looked like he had just seen a ghost and I chuckled.

Oh well, since I don't get anything might as well not even try. I sat back at started examining my nails. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Henry scribbling something down fastly. He looked like he was lost but he was desperately trying to at least solve one problem. I smiled knowing all too well that he wouldn't succeed.

20 minutes passed and I spend that time either stealing glances at the boy next to me or texting Kyuhyun who happened to be one of my friends.

The teacher angrily came up and harshly took my papers not even bothering to look whether I had written at least ONE WORD. Which I actually had. My name. Mrs. Park then came up to Henry and tried to steal his paper as well but the boy seemed to have a strong grip on it as he was trying to finish writing his answer down

"Please...... No! I am almost done..... just 2 more words..... T_T" - I kinda felt bad for the boy but at the same time the sight was too funny for me not too chuckle.

"MR. LAU!!!!! I ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THE RULES SET IN THIS CLASSROOM!!!" - Finally she managed to rip out the paper out of Henry's hand and after scowling at both of us she went back to her table. - "NOW LEAVEEEE!!!" 

Henry fastly put all his belongings back in his back and ran away.

I calmly stood up and put the bag over my shoulder before exiting. Two years in that classroom have made me ready for any sudden anger attack from the devil him..... herself.

When I left the classroom I found Henry crouched down and tying his sneaker.

"Hey, kid!" - His head snapped up and turned to me - I probably caught his by surprise. At first he seemed scared but after seeing me he calmed down and even smiled.

"Yes?"

"You'll get used to it." - And I did a reassuring smile.

"What do you mean?" - He straightened up completely and from up close he ended up possibly almost 10 cm shorter than me.

"The detention..... After a while you get used to her yelling." - He seemed to think for a while about what I said before opening his mouth with uncertainty.

"Have.... you been here for a while?"

"Since freshman year so..... this is my third year." - He nodded.

"Is it math?"

"Excuse me?" - I furrowed my eyebrows not understanding what he meant. He cleared his throat and tried again.

"Are you.... failing math?" - He looked down but then looked up again and smiled - "Like me?"

"No..... English." - I motioned him to start walking as my driver was already waiting for me.

"Ah..... I see."

"It's just when I started school I still didn't know korean that well. I had to work hard to actually understand what the teachers were saying. So obviously it was even harder for me to learn english through korean. Now I am much better at korean but it's too late to start learning english." - Henry nodded and suddenly his eyes caught something as his eyes widened and mouth opened forming an 'o'.

"Woah! Look at that car!!! It's like a mini limo!!!" - I followed his gaze and chuckled.

"Well, Henry, that's my ride. My driver's picking me up" - He looked at me in shock and I could clearly see that he was embarassed of his previous exclamation.

"Oh..... Nice.... car...." - He scratched the back of his head and looked around - "Well..... I guess bye!" - He waved and started walking away a bit too fastly which only confirmed my belief that he was quite embarassed.

I smiled but then suddenly remembered something.

"Henry-ah!" - He turned around and I smiled once again - "You forgot to ask something!" - He looked taken aback.

"What?" - I chuckled again.

"You forgot to ask my name!" - His eyed widened for a second and then he smiled.

"What's your name?"

"Zhou Mi" - He nodded.

"Nice to meet ya, Zhou Mi-hyung!"

"The honor's all mine" - Henry did an adorable smile but suddenly my driver beeped the horn reminding that I was supposed to be in a hurry. - "Oh, I have to go." - I waved.

"See you in hell" - I laughed already a normal laugh instead of a chuckle.

When I sat inside my car I saw my driver look at me weidly. I just smiled and asked him to start driving.

Henry's POV

Is it normal for students in this school to have such expensive cars and personal drivers? I sighed as I entered my orphanage.

"I'm home!"

***************************************************************************************************************************************

I am so sorry about all of my grammar mistakes - I don't actually edit..... But I probably will soon.

Comments are appreciated^^

Oh, BTW Do you like the background picture? Cause it kinda distracts me.... Do you think I should keep it?