Baby, Don't Cry

⚜ XOXO Kiss & Hugs Oneshots

 


“The one to come back with the heart of a Siren will receive my daughter and the kingdom!” the King stated throwing his arms in the air as the crowd of men shouted and cheered. 


Baekhyun grabbed everything he needed and left with the large group of men onto the ship.  “Nervous?” One of the men asked him.  Baekhyun honestly nodded, “Yes; I’ve heard legends of these creatures being deadly.  I’ve never seen one, but I heard they feed on men.” He murmured as they traveled out into the sea. 

The man laughed out loud and stuck his hand out, “Minwoo.” He stated as Baekhyun shook his hand, “Baekhyun, it’s a pleasure.” He glanced at the kingdom slowly disappearing before his eyes.  “How far out is the island?” Baekhyun asked the man as he stared into the openness of the waters.  “We should arrive tomorrow evening…that’s what I’ve been hearing since we’ve boarded.”

Minwoo slapped Baekhyun’s back, “Come on, mate, let’s go down into the lower deck.”  With a small push, he led Baekhyun down the stairs where all the bunks were and the guys huddling around each other, some in large groups others within groups of 2 to 3 people, chattering about this challenge. 

“Ey mates! Come sit and listen to what I have to tell ya.” An older man stated as he sat on a squeaky cot.  “You young men are brave, so brave for going out and doing this challenge.” He stated in a low voice.  Baekhyun and everyone else gather around him.  “Now, I of course won’t be taking part in this challenge, what’s an old man like me going to be able to do with creatures like the sirens.”

“Listen here…my great-great-great grandfather encountered one many, many years ago.  He’s lucky to have made it out alive, but poor soul didn’t remember a thing.  They shipwreck on the shores of the island and wandered around it looking for signs of life.  Then they heard these amazing voice singing deep in the forest.” He leaned in towards the silent men.  “They came across a waterfall with the most fascinating creatures ever.  Upper body like young maidens and a lower body of a bird with feathers and wings.” He stated as some gasped silently.

“Alluring yet deadly.” He nodded and rubbed his hands together, “Those creatures are one of the deadliest you’ll ever meet.  They lure you in with their soothing voices and once they have you in a trance, they’ll take you and devour you alive!” he shouted before everyone jumped at the sudden hype in his voice.

He slapped his knees hard and laughed.  The guys scowled, “Oh come on!” they all shouted in protest.

The older man regain himself, “No-no, it’s true though!”

“Hey! Get some sleep!” one of the guards shouted from the top of the stairs, “You all are going to need it.”

The men dispersed at the statement.  “I’m not lying!” the older man shouted to the crowd, but they all brushed him aside.  “What do you think?” Minwoo asked as he and Baekhyun walked over to their cots.  Baekhyun only shrugged, “I don’t really know what to think…” he muttered, “I guess we’ll all have to wait and see tomorrow.”


Just like how the old man explained to them on the ship, lovely voices filled the air as the men walked further into the jungle.  Within seconds, the men started quickly making their way towards it, hypnotized.  Baekhyun still frightened from the night before lingered behind the rushing men.

“Hey, mate; it was a pleasure spending this time with you.” Minwoo murmured, “Don’t die…I’ll see you back on the ship, hopefully with a heart in hand.” He smirked before running off and leaving Baekhyun behind.

He was alone, thrashing the leaves and vines away from him with a sword.  He looked straight at the path already created by the men before him and decided to make a new one.  He made a left turn and walked that way for a while before he saw an opening approaching him.  Baekhyun started jogging towards it until he came to a small waterfall.  Curiosity over took him when he saw a young maiden in the water.

“Hey!” He called out to her, unknowingly.  The girl turned around before disappearing behind a huge sock near the shore.  Baekhyun ran towards it and halted to a stop when she walked out from behind it.  He straightened and turned around, “Yah!” he shouted, “Don’t you have any clothes!?” He shrieked before he heard the girl giggled softly.  Once he turned around, he took off his jacket and pulled his shirt over his head.

With a sigh, he turned around and jumped back as the girl stood smiling just behind him.  “ooh! Scared me…” he muttered before looking her in her eyes, only.  “H-here…wear-wear this.” He shoved his shirt into her hands and picked up his jacket.  He helped the girl put his jacket on after she put his shirt on which came down to her mid-thigh.

“How did a maiden like you get here anyways?  Don’t you know there’s a killing spree going on now?”  Baekhyun stated as the girl faintly smiled.  “This’ll be fun…” She muttered under her breath.

“What’s your name?” Baekhyun asked as the maiden twirled her dark brown hair between her fingers.  “Eunae…” She smiled faintly as Baekhyun reached his hand out.  “There a boat this way, I’ll take you there-”  “No!” She protested, “we have to go this way…” she stated.  With her breath taking looks, Baekhyun obey and followed her deep into the jungle.  “Do you know where you’re going?” He asked her, trying to hide his fear.

“You’re afraid?” She asked as she turned around and pinned him against a tree.  Baekhyun looked deep into her eyes, mesmerized by her beauty.  Unconsciously, he reached out and her soft, fair skin.  Eunae’s head moved towards his hands before she closed her eyes and smirked. 

He gently grabbed her chin and lifted it before he abruptly stopped.  Rustling leaves and running footsteps had him stopped.  “You need to run….” He whispered, “They’ll kill you.”

“Kill me?” Eunae chuckled, “Why is that?” She asked as he switched positions, pinning her to the tree.  He brushed her hair away, “You’re a siren…that’s why.” He swallowed hard as Eunae cocked her head to the side.  “Siren…why didn’t you take my heart then, dear sailor?”   She asked with a teasing grin.  Baekhyun just looked at her, unable to form an answer. 

Without much warning he grabbed her hands and took off further into the woods.  They ran until they reached another opening with a small pool of glistening water.  Eunae jumped into the pool just as Baekhyun called her name.  She popped back out in her real form.  “Oh sailor~” she sang, “you foolish beings~”

Baekhyun eyes narrowed in her direction.  Eunae pointed a finger at him and called him over.  He wasn’t fully hypnotized yet, but he was getting there.  Baekhyun hesitantly took a couple steps forward.  Sweat ran down the side of his head.  He knew very well what would happen next, but couldn’t fight her, her sweet, seductive voice and awestruck beauty.  “Oh, foolish sailor~ what did you get yourself into~” Eunae sung to him. 

Movements were heard in the forest, men running, screaming, and shouting.  Baekhyun came out of the trance and turned around as he saw some of the sailors running towards him, shouting angrily.  “He has a siren!” One man shouted from the jungle before they all ran towards him with swords rising above their heads.  He looked back at Eunae whose eyes were big, “We need to leave!” He shouted at her. 

Eunae only furrowed her brows.  “You need protection!” Baekhyun shouted as she stayed put in the water, “They’ll kill you!”  “-Dear sailor…it’s not me who needs protection…it’s you.” She murmured as her hand crept around his neck and pulled him towards the water.  Baekhyun blew his bangs aside and put his hands in the water, wrapping it around her thin waist, “We need to run.” He coughed.

Eunae’s eyes suddenly softened; she placed her hands on Baekhyun chest, “You go…” She whispered, “I’ll be fine…” She smiled faintly at him as she started to fall back.  “NO!” Baekhyun shouted and held tightly onto her wrist, “No, I’m not leaving here without you.” He firmly stated. 

Eunae looked deep into his eyes, “Run~” She sang to him without breaking contact, “Run away from here-”  “-that’s not going work with me, Eunae.” Baekhyun swallowed hard.  “We don’t have much time before they get here-”

“-why are you doing this?”  Eunae asked softly, “you know I’m a siren…you know what I’m capable of; so why?” She asked him as she floated in the water.  Baekhyun took a quick glance at the men who were getting closer now before looking back at her.  “I can’t control who I fall for, can I?  Plus, if you really wanted to kill me…if those were your intentions, you would’ve done it by now, but I’m still here.” He smiled sweetly at her causing an unknown feeling to rise in her chest.

“Come on; we don’t have much time left.” He picked her up but she refused once more.  “No…” she breathed, “We won’t be able to get away from them.  You’ll be hated if you don’t kill me…” she whispered, “They’ll probably kill you.”  Eunae murmured under her breath.  She looked at the water before looking up at Baekhyun, “Kill me.”

“What! You’ve gone insane! I will not kill you!” he picked her up, but her heavy fish tail kept her in the water.  “Run or kill me, sailor!” She shouted as she pushed him away.  Baekhyun only let out a grunt as he pulled her back, “I will not run nor will I kill you.” He hissed, “There has got to be another option.” He muttered under his breath. 

Seconds passed before Eunae swallowed and touched his cheek.  “You don’t love me, do you?” She asked him in her gentle voice.  “You can’t possibly love me so soon.” She sighed.  But Baekhyun shook his head stubbornly, “Back on the main land, there’s a saying… ‘It only takes 60 seconds to fall in love.’” He whispered. 

With those words, Eunae’s heartbeat increased, “You won’t kill me…even if you know that I might still kill you…because it’s in my nature.” She challenged him.   “You’re not a siren though…are you?  You don’t have a body of a bird, you’re more beautiful. Sure, you may have a wonderful…hypnotizing voice, but killing men is not in your nature, am I right?” He told her with a small smirk.

Eunae gasped quietly, “…they always mistake us mermaids as sirens…” Eunae stated bitterly.

“Kill her!!!!”

The voice interrupted their moment.  Baekhyun shook his head quickly, “Kill me then.”  Her eyes widened.  “Kill me, Eunae.”  He reached for her hand and placed his on his neck, “Kill me.”  He leaned down and whispered those words to her.  Eunae shivered, “I-I can’t do that.”

“What are you waiting for!!!?”

“What would you do-”  “-Anything…” Baekhyun interrupted, “I’ll do anything.”  Eunae furrowed her brows and swallowed, “Even if you won’t ever see your family on the main land…ever…again?” She asked him as Baekhyun caressed her cheeks, “I’ll do anything.”

Eunae lifted herself out of the water enough to wrap her arms around his neck, “You’re a foolish sailor.” She whispered into his ear.

“Baekhyun…” He stated as she pulled away, cheeks brushing against his.  “What?” She asked him as they locked eyes.  “My name is Baekhyun, Eunae.” He stated before her cheeks rose in color and she gave him a genuine smile.  “Well, Baekhyun…” her breathe teased his lips, “They say…that a mermaids kiss can save a man from drowning.” She whispered against his lips, “Do you believe that?”

Baekhyun pecked her lips, “It’s worth a try.” He murmured before his lips came on hers, molding together as Eunae dragged him into the waters, disappearing forever.


Ewwyy, I'm so sorry, I was extremely excited to write this one, and I really really like it, but I don't think you will...it feels kind of rushed or something, but I didn't want it to be a long oneshot thing. But if you have any questions, let me know. This one might be confusing. OTL

One. No, Eunae is not a Siren, she's a mermaid, but because mermaids sing and are mistakening thought as Sirens, she was playing Baekhyun and planning to kill him before he killed her, sometime between them being together, he fell for her.  Eunae was still planning to kill him but when he saved her when he knew she might kill him, she fell in love with him too.

Two. I did SOO MUCH RESEARCH for this chapter. omg, it's crazy. I had to rewrite it because I put in some wrong information. OTL

Three. About the ending, you can think of it anyway you want. :))

Four. OMFG MY FEEEELSS, IF YOU GUYS HAVE NOT SEEN PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN, ON STRANGERS TIDE, GO WATCH IT. I LOVE THIS MOVIE/SERIES, AND I SHIP THE MISSIONARY AND THE MERMAID SOOOO HARD. The ending is based off of their beautiful ending. Aghh, feels.

Five. Yes, I wrote this for Eunae. :))

p.s. these stories have NOTHING to do with each other. The wolf doesn't connect with the mermaid in any way.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))