Wolf

⚜ XOXO Kiss & Hugs Oneshots

“What happens if I don’t fall in love with another wolf?” he asked his father.  The alpha wolf shook his head, “It’s not about love…it’s about power, dominance.” He ruffled the young ones hair, “Get some sleep, Kris.  You’ll understand when you’re older.”

After his father left the room, he sat up and looked out the window.  From his room on the third floor, he was able to spot out the small cottage in the wood with his sharp vision.  The cottage with the lights on, every night.  The one with the young human girl, his age.  The young girl he met days ago at the waterfall. 

The one young girl he already fallen in love with.


The pack came running out of the forest, wet from the sudden shower that ended only moments ago.  They all quickly transformed and changed into their humanly clothing before meeting in the living room of the alpha male. 

Kris, now 23 is leader of the pack, just like his father.  He put some pants on and threw on a white V-neck t-shirt.  He styled his blonde hair into a small fro hawk before leaving his bathroom.  He walked down the stairs and saw some of the boys rummaging through his fridge.  He shook his head with a small smile.

“Yah! Stop that!” One of the female wolves shouted before everyone turned and looked at Kris.  “It’s fine, Ziyi; they’re boys, let them eat.” Kris coolly stated as she frowned.  “You really are like your father, Kris…” she muttered under her breath, “When are you going to choose a partner?” she asked as Kris shrugged and walked into the kitchen for a drink.  He hated the topic of ‘finding a partner.’

And he knew why she asked.  Kris is a handsome man; tall and built, intelligent and adventurous, but stubborn, short-tempered and bossy, like all the other past alpha males.  He was what any she-wolf wanted in a partner, but he was also alpha male, powerful, extremely powerful.  And the most powerful she-wolf would-should be chosen as the partner.  That’s why Ziyi asks.  She knows she’s the most powerful; she’s just waiting for the question.

“I think I’ll just be the first alpha male without a partner.” Kris stated before drinking from a can of beer.  “Are you just going to keep having with a different she-wolf every time-” “-Yah! Are you gay!” one of the subordinates interrupted before Kris choked on his drink.  He growled and slammed the can down on the counter.  “Stop TJ & Kris, cool it; he was joking.”  Ziyi muttered.  “We just went hunting; you need to rest and calm down.”  Kris ignored her warnings.  He snarled, glaring at the younger one before quickly leaving the house.

He ran towards the woods before jumping up and transforming into his wolf form.  There was only one place where he would be able to calm down.


He arrived at the opening of the waterfall.  It was small but peaceful, quiet, beautiful.  He scurried to the spring before changing back into a human and slipping into the waters.  If he was lucky, he would be able to catch her again.  And just as if planned, he smelt her scent, heard her light footsteps. 

“3…2…1…” he muttered before he opened his eyes and turned around just as the female appeared into the opening.  She jumped at the sight and turned her head again, blushing.  Kris chuckled, “You’re back…” he stated before she slowly made her way towards him.  “Y-yea, I’m back…” she muttered still not catching his eyes.  “Mei Ling, you’ve seen me like this before….” He chuckled at the girl. 

“Yea—but you just took me by surprise today.” She finally returned his smile.  “How are you today, Kris?” she asked as she removed her loose dress.  Kris wasn’t able to move his eyes away from her body as she slipped out of her clothing and into the water as well.  He gulped, feeling twitch.  “Fine.” He stated quickly. 

He gapped at her long ebony hair that floated on the surface of the water.  Her fair, and milky skin.  The way her lips were always red and cheeks were always rosy made him flush even as an alpha male.  “I think I love you, Mei Ling.” He muttered as the girl chuckled, “You think?” She raised a teasing brow before swimming towards him and kissing his cheeks.

Kris pulled her into his embrace, kissing her neck and behind her ears.  She whimpered softly with a chuckle just before loud gun shots rang in the dark forest.  They both straightened.  Kris pushed her away when howls filled the air.  “Kris.” Mei Ling gasped as they both emerged out of the water.  “Run…” Kris muttered pushing her towards her clothes piled on the grass.  “Run—quickly!”

Hearing the urgency in his voice, she threw her dress over her body as fast as she can.  “Kris—I’m sc-” He cut her off with a kiss.  He pulled away and looked her in her eyes, “Run home, Mei Ling.  Don’t turn back.” He stated before giving her a helping hand and pushing her into the forest.  After a few seconds he took off running in the opposite direction.

He snarled and jumped over a fallen tree before changing into his animal form. 

Kris!  You jerk where the hell are you!’

‘coming.’ He replied quickly as he buried the events of Mei Ling he had moments ago back, deep in his mind so that the other wolves wouldn’t be able to catch it.  ‘what happened?’ he asked before Ziyi’s voice answered back.

‘TJ ran out looking for you…he was shot.’

Kris wasn’t even angry before, but now he was furious.  Blaming this on TJ and himself.  If he hadn’t left the house, TJ wouldn’t have been shot…but if TJ didn’t make that comment, he wouldn’t have gotten angry.

‘where is he?’

‘still looking…go to the west front. Elena and Ethan went that way.’

Kris stopped and made a quick turnaround, running back towards the waterfall as quickly as possible. 

‘Elena, Ethan, any sig-’

‘He’s here’

They both growled in response.  ‘They’re tying him up, hurry.’

His blood boiled over as he sprinted through the woods, easily dodging every tree and log in his path.  He didn’t care that they were humans with guns.  He ran right into the opening and grabbed a man by his mouth and threw him off to the side.  Elena and Ethan did the same once they saw their pack leader.

Kris narrowed in on the human man with the gun.  ‘Get TJ out of here.’ He growled at his betas.  He jumped in front of the man as he shook while lifted the gun into the air.  Moments later, the gun was flying through the air.  The wolf growled and stepped forward.

“Bà ba!”

Kris straightened, knowing that voice.  He looked around before he saw her, Mei Ling.  She was wearing the same loose dress as before but with a thick jacket over her shoulder.  “bà ba! RUN!!” She shouted as she ran towards her father.  Kris backed away slowly, not wanting to hurt her, or scare her, although he could smell her terror. 

Mei Ling…

‘What!?’

‘Kris!!!’

He snarled at the voices screaming at him in his mind.  Mei Ling looked up; they stared at each other for a while, but her look wasn’t the soft, tender one she gave him moments ago at the waterfall, it was fear…and lots of it.

He backed away from them slowly, not wanting to scare her any more than he already did.  ‘Kris!’  Ziyi’s voice rang through his mind.  He growled and sharply turned away before running the opposite direction.  ‘Kris!!’ Elena growled.  Moments later, he appeared in his yard and quickly transformed back into his human form.  Ethan was outside with a robe waiting to cover him.

“What’s wrong?” Ethan asked lowly as Kris walked passed him inside the house.  He walked up the stairs and into his room.  Not even minutes later, Ziyi burst into his room.  She grabbed his arm and spun him around, “What the hell was that!?” She shouted annoyed, “Why didn’t you kill them!”

Kris furrowed his eyebrows, “Get out.” He growled, but she only tightened his wrist, “They could’ve killed him, Kris!” She shouted, “Alphas don’t just leave like you did if a pack member gets hurt!”  Kris pried her hands off him, “I. Said. Get. Out.”  He threatened.  Ziyi only stood her ground.  “No, Kris.  I will not leave until you tell me.  Me, along with everyone else deserves to know—”

She stopped midsentence, “That smell…it lingers on you.”  Her eyes darkened, “Smell of a human girl-that girl at the scene.” She growled, “You…” She lifted his hands to slap him but Kris was fast.  He grabbed her arms and twisted it around her back as she cried in pain.  He walked her over to the door and pushed her out before closing the door and locking it.

Kris needed time to think. 

Ziyi was right.  That was a horrible move.  He knew he was supposed to kill them; that was the only right thing to do.  He just put his whole pack in danger.  No doubt, there would be a hunt for them.  Kris would have to move the pack or find a diversion.  He ran his fingers through his hair and walked over to the window.  He looked out and saw that same small cottage in the forest.  The one with the lights on.  The one with the girl.  The girl that he fell for, so many years ago.

He left his room hours later and had everyone come into the living room.  “I need to tell you all something.  And you guys will obey.” He instructed.  After debating for hours in his room, he finally made a decision.  “I’m leaving the pack.”

Growls escaped the pack’s mouths.  “Kris!” Ziyi hissed.  Ethan jumped up, “Kris! It wasn’t your fault, you shouldn’t be doing this.  Leaving is a bit rash don’t you think?” He negotiated.  Kris brushed it off his shoulders, “No, it’s not.  Even though I’m Alpha, I’m leaving.” He turned to Ziyi glaring at him.  “I can’t take you because my heart is set on someone else…someone not like us.”

“It’s not about love!” Ziyi shouted in frustration.  “I know…it’s about powerful.” He finished, “But once you’re in love, Ziyi, you’ll understand why I’m doing this.” Kris turned to everyone else whose mouth was hanging open.  “Don’t blame this on yourself, the pack, or the ways of the wolves, okay?  This is what I want to do.  I’m leaving today, right now, actually.  I don’t know what I’m going to do, or where I’m going to go, but don’t follow me.”

He walked over to Ethan.  “You’re still young, but I entrust Alpha male to you.” He placed his hands on the young man’s shoulder, “Make me proud.”  Ethan gasped and shook his head, “I can’t—I can’t though…I’m not fit for alpha male…and I can’t Ziyi…” He muttered quietly, “Elena and I…” He spoke softly.

Kris only grinned, “You’re Alpha male now; you have the power to do what you want, Ethan.”  After a moment, Ethan bowed his head and thanked him quietly.  Kris took a step back and walked to the door as the room was still filled with silence.  He turned and smiled faintly, “I’ll see you guys around.” He said one last time before closing the door behind him and running into the woods.

He returned to the waterfall in his wolf form.  He lingered there, pacing back and forth, drinking out of the pool of water waiting…for what?  Mei Ling.  Hopelessly waiting for her, yet hoping she wouldn’t come back to the waterfall.  He couldn’t risk it anymore.  No matter how much he wanted to be with her, he knew it would never happen.

He wasn’t able to control himself when he got angry; no alpha male was ever able to do that, no matter how strong they were.  And he wasn’t any different. 

When he suddenly smelt her sweet scent coming towards the falls he dashed into the protective forest and transformed back into a human.  He emerged out of the trees just as she did.  Her long black hair was up in a messy bun.  Her eyes widened and a small gasped escaped her lips.  “Kris…”

He smiled faintly at her as she ran over to him, throwing her arms around his neck.  “I was so scared! There are creatures living in these woods…” she muttered, “They’re scary; they almost attack my father and I, but I don’t know…it just backed away and ran off.” She muttered into his shoulders.

Kris stiffened and her long hair.  “Kris, my father and I are leaving this place…” She murmured sadly as she pulled away.  Kris’s eyes widened in response.  “Come with us?” She asked him, pleadingly.  “Please, come…?” She asked and tugged on his shirt. 

No matter how much he wanted to go, he knew he couldn’t.  The look in her eyes when she saw him was haunting him and would continue to haunt him forever.  He couldn’t risk leaving with her and someday become angry and maybe hurting her.  Even if he loved her, he could never control the beast in him.

Kris lightly kissed her forehead, “I’m sorry…I can’t go with you.” He whispered with a shaky voice.  Mei Ling stepped back slowly while looking up into his eyes, “Kris…” She murmured softly as Kris cupped her face.  “We-we’re leaving…right now, today.” She gasped, “Please, come with me…us.” Her hands were shaking now; her eyes tearing up.  Kris couldn’t bear to see her cry so he pulled her back into his embrace.

“Mei Ling, you guys leave.  It’ll only be safer for you and your father.  Go away from this place and never return.  I promised to love you forever, and you’ll only be my love, no one else.  I’ll stay with you, in your heart, forever, don’t forget that.  No matter the distance, I’m only a heartbeat away.” He whispered into her hair.  Mei Ling sniffed and hiccupped, “You’re really not going to come along?” She asked him with a shaky voice.

“I’ll always be with you, in your heart, Mei ling, as long as you keep me there.” Kris softly spoke.  His ears perked and senses were alerted from the variety of scents.  “You’re father’s coming…” He stated before he heard some running behind him, “And something else…run! Take your father and away from here, Mei Ling. Remember…that I’m always with you.” He passionately kissed her before she took off running into the woods once again.

Kris growled and turned around just as his former pack came into the open.  “You’re not going to hurt anyone here.” Kris growled before changing into a wolf. 

‘Stay away from them.’ Kris threatened.

‘They know—they could tell.  We have-’

‘Are you alpha, Ziyi?’ Kris interrupted.  He slowly made his way to her as she hung her head low.

‘Remember your position.’ Kris growled before turning his head to Ethan’s wolf, ‘don’t be pushed around.’ Kris backed away from the pack of wolves, ‘If you hurt them; you’ll all be coming against me first.’ He crouched down before Ethan interrupted, ‘stop. There will be no blood shed today.’  The young alpha spoke with wise words.

Kris straightened himself, ‘Thank you…I’ll be leaving now-’

Will we see you again, Kris?’ Elena spoke as the older wolf shook his head to the side and turned around, ‘no…I’m leaving this place.  I’ll be following the humans…Mei Ling, where ever she goes, I’ll be there too, hiding in the background…where I belong.’  With those words, he quickly disappeared into the trees.


And that’s just what he did.  Where ever Mei Ling went, he went, but secretly without her knowing.  This was the only safe way for her.  He missed her touches, the way her fingers perfectly fit between his, the way his name would roll off her tongue.  He missed that; he missed it all. 

Kris knew he could’ve told her, but he was too afraid of how she would react.  What she would think.  Would she be able to love a wolf?  Or would her eyes darken with fear. 

From afar, he watched Mei ling walk down a path from their new house down to the river.

Forever.

He would have to live his life in the background, forever.


I AM SO SORRY THIS . LEGT. I JUST REALLY CAN'T WRITE ABOUT WOLVES AND VAMPIRES [this has nothing to do with vampire,fyi] I DON'T LIKE THIS ONE BUT AM SUPPER EXCITED TO WRITE THE OTHER ONES. :))

HOLLYFCK, EXO WON! EXO WON THEIR FIRST MUSIC SHOW AWARD! I'M SO PROUD GUYS, EUGH--STAYED UP THE WHOLE NIGHT TO WATCH IT; so I guess that's why this story was so crappy. I was writing crap trying not to fall asleep, but OMFG, CRYINGGG, SWIMMING IN MAH OWN PUDDLE OF TEARS.

;keakdgjeiJ9WIEU9AWUEJAFKS84S7YRJF

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))