Chapter 5

The Neighbor's Fate

CHANGMIN'S POV
    I am watching a movie while waiting for Yul to come home. It's 9:30pm already. Why Yul is taking so long? Is she having fun staying at Yunho's house? It is so boring to be alone in the living room. I will just plan what we will do tomorrow.
    After a few minutes, the doorbell rings. I think Yul decided to go back home. I open the door and found Yul sleeping onto the arms of Yunho. He is carrying Yul in bridal style.
    "She slept while watching a movie. I can't wake her up so I decided to carry her here." Yunho says.
    "I'm sorry to disturb you. Here, I will carry her to her room."
    "It's okay. Can I take her to her room? I think she will wake up if I pass her. I will feel sorry if I disturb her sleep." he insists.
    "Are you sure? She's quite heavy."
    "It's alright. She's not heavy at all. She's actually light for a tall kid like her. Can you lead me to her room?"
    "Okay. Follow me." I lead him to Yul's room. I open the door for them. Yunho put Yuri into her bed and walk outside.
    "Thank you Yunho for taking Yul home."
    "No worries. I will go now. Goodnight Changmin."
    "Goodnight."
    Now that Yul is here I can go to sleep. I go to the bedroom and found Sooyoung still awake. I lay down beside her and ask, "Why are you still awake?"
    "I'm worried for Yul but now you are here, I think she's home already."
    "Yeah. Yunho brought her here. He even carry her to her room."
    "What?" I laugh at her sudden shock.
    "Yul fell asleep when they are watching a movie. Then to bring Yul home, he carried her."
    "Omo~ I didn't see it."
    "That's what I thought." I laugh again.
    "Do you think Yunho has feelings for her? He is such a nice man."
    "I don't know. But he cares for Yul."
  "Is that so? Let's just see what will happen next. They just met yesterday and started with a misunderstanding. They will get to know each other and improve their relationship as the day passes by." My wife is very fond of their relationship. I think she will do anything just to pair Yul with Yunho.
    "Are you sure that Yunho is the one for Yul?"
    "I don't know. Yul is the one who will decide for her heart. I just want Yul to forget the bitter past."
    "Good reason. Well, we must sleep now. It's getting late. I have also a surprise for you tomorrow."
    "Jinja? Okay. Goodnight yeobo."
    "Goodnight."

YURI'S POV
    Another day passes by. The sun is so bright and I had a good sleep. I think this day will be great. It is also Soo's and Changmin oppa's wedding anniversary. What will be the plan for today?
    I take a bath and go downstairs to have breakfast with them.
    "Good morning sweetie." appa greets. "Good morning appa." I reply.
    "Good morning Yul." Soo and oppa greet. "Goodmorning." I left a smile.
    "Good morning Auntie." the girls chorusly chant. "Good morning." A great day for everyone.
    "Why do you look so excited?"
    "Well, it is a good day today. And the weather is very nice so..." Changmin oppa didn't complete his sentence.
    "We will go to the amusement park." the girls excitedly finish oppa's statement.
    "But appa can't come. It will be exhausting for him." Sooyoung informs.
    "Is that okay with you appa?" I ask.
    "It's alright. I'm too old for that kind of activity. I will just walk to the beach later but bring me some fruits when you get back." he answers.
    "Okay appa. Let's have our breakfast and after that prepare yourselves to leave." oppa announces.
    We make our stomach full to gain some energy for later. Sooyoung requests me to help the girls get dress so that she can prepare the snacks. I willingly accept. I love to help the girls get dress. We run to our rooms and get ourselves done.

CHANGMIN'S POV
    While Yuri and my daughters are getting dress, we are preparing and cleaning here in the kitchen.
    "Max, can you invite Yunho-ssi to come with you? He is alone in his house. It must be boring for him to just stay alone all day." appa says.
    "Alright appa. Yul will keep him company."
    "Do you think Yull will approve to it? I think she's still angry at him." my wife asks.
    "For a while, she will get angry but later she will be okay with it and get use to it." appa explains.
    "But appa, why are you pairing them up? It's a little bit dangerous. We just met him yesterday." I say.
    "I can see that Yunho is a well-mannered man. I'm not forcing them to be paired up. Yul will still decide if he wants Yunho beside her. She's very precious to me, I just feel sorry for her." appa says.
    "We know what you are feeling appa. We just keep an eye on them to be more careful." "Jagiya, I will just go to Yunho's. Can you prepare the snacks all by yourself? They will be done in a few minutes."
    "Yes yeobo. It's easy to prepare this. Go invite Yunho."
    I leave our house and go to Yunho's. I ring the doorbell and wait for him to open the door. After a couple of minutes, he opens the door and walks to the gate. I can see that he just woke up.
    "Good morning Changmin. Come inside." he invites.
    "Thank you but I will not take too much time to stay. I'm here to invite to join with us. We will go to the amusement park, it's some celebration for our wedding anniversary."
    "Thank you for the invitation but I just woke up. I will just take a bath and prepare myself. I will just follow. I will send you a message if I arrive." He hand me his mobile phone and I save my number to his contacts.
    "Here. Just send me a message so that you will know where we are."
    "Okay. Thank you and take care."
    "Alright. See you later." I go back to the house and found them already settled. My wife is wearing a loose blouse, leggings and a pair of doll shoes. She's not that slim anymore unlike a month ago but still she's still the most beautiful woman I have. My daughters are wearing a pair of jeans, a pair of snekaers, Yoona is wearing a pink t-shirt and her hair is pig-tail, while Hyoyeon is wearing a yellow t-shirt and her hair is tied up. While Yuri is wearing a pair of shorts, blue t-shirt, and a pair of white sneakers. Everyone looks good today.
    "Where did you go oppa?" Yul asks.
    "Oh~ I just prepare the van. Now that you are ready, let's go." I lie.
    "Bye appa." we bid.

    It takes 30 minutes to arrive here in the amusement park. I go to the ticket booth and buy our tickets. We walk to the entrance and look around.
    "Girls, please don't run away from us. You promise that you will not do what you did last time." my wife orders.
    "Okay umma. But can we ride the spinning cups first?" Hyoyeon asks.
    "Okay if that's what you want. But first I will just go to the wash room. Yul can you accompany me?"
    "Sure." Yul answers.
    While waiting for them, I receive a text from Yunho.


    Where are you? I'm here at the entrance. -Yunho

 

    We are at the spinning cups. -Changmin
 

    After I send the text, the ladies are back from the wash room.
    "Yeobo, I will easily get dizzy if I ride that." Soo says.
    "Yul, can you ride the spinning cups with the girls? I will just watch you with Soo here." I request.
    "Sure oppa." "Let's go girls!"
    They ride the spinning cups while we wait at the bench near the ride.
    "Yeobo, where is Yunho? I thought you invited him" Soo asks.
    "He's coming. He is now at the entrance."
    When the ride is finish, my daughters run to us so fast. The girls hug my wife's legs.
    "Omo~ The girls spin it really fast. My vision is really dizzy." I can hear Yuri exclaims even she's 3m far from us. Yuri is walking to us dizzily. After a few seconds, she trip and just a blink of an eye, she's now falling to the ground.                

YURI'S POV
    I can feel my body falling to ground. I'm expecting to hit my body on the ground but I don't feel any pain. Thus, I feel someone is embracing my waist and we stay like that for a while. I feel very dizzy, so I just close my eyes and say 'Thank you' to who knows who's this person who just save me.
    "Be careful next time." His voice is somewhat familiar. I open my eyes and found Yunho staring at me. He is also giving me that heart-warming smile. I am almost in the verge of fainting but I quickly stand up and walk towards the others hiding my face to him. I'm so embarass right now.
    "Yul, are you alright?" Sooyoung asks.
    "I'm alright Soo." I'm still blushing. Omo~
    "Thank you Yunho for saving Yul." oppa says and bow a little.
    "No problem." he answers.
    "Uncle Yunho, why are you here?" Yoona asks. I'm still silent sitting on the bench, still don't know what just happened.
    "Your appa invited me." he answers cooly. They invited him again. Why do they always need his company?
    "Is that so? I promise that you will have fun with us. Let's go to the bumper cars." Hyoyeon announces.
    We go to the next ride. At the line, the girls are whispering to each othe, planning something again.
    "Here it goes. Yoona and I decided that Uncle Yunho will sit with me, Appa will be with Yoona and umma will be with auntie." Hyoyeon shouts, hands on her waist while Yoona just nod her head, a sign of agreement.
    "We understand, my two princess." oppa says. "It's our turn now."
    "Soo, are you gonna be alright with this ride?"
    "Of course Yul. My tummy is just in its 2nd week. But can you be more careful on your driving?"
    "Alright. I will drive carefully."
    We ride the bumper cars and I didn't drive to the crowded cars. I drive freely to the open space of the area.
    After the ride I ask Sooyoung if she's alright. She touch her stomach and bend with a pain expression.
    "Soo, are you alright?"
    "Yul... my tummy..."
    "What's happening?" I yell out loud.
    "Yul, I'm okay. I'm just kidding." she jokes. Then, the rest run towards us.
    "What did just happen? Why did you shout Yul?" oppa asks me. I remain silent. I was shock because of Sooyoung's joke.
    "Yeobo, it's just I thought someone is following us. Then Yul just shout out her thoughts of it." she says then whispers to me, "I'm sorry Yul." I nod accepting her apology.
    "Let's go to the haunted house." Sooyoung announces.
    "Let's go." the girls shout.
    I walk beside Sooyoung while the others run towards the haunted house.
    "Yah! Sooyoung, don't do it again. I think I'm gonna die because of panic."
    "I'm sorry. I promise I will not do it again. But I think there is someone following us." she hugs me and walk to the others.

YUNHO'S POV
    This family is fun to be with. Changmin is the most outgoing person, Sooyoung is very hyper while the kids are so naughty. But suddenly, Yuri becomes silent. I thought she is the most competitive girl I've met. Is that stalker bothering her? Or I'm just imagining things?
    Right now, we are walking to the haunted house. Is Yuri gonna go inside? I get it. She's quiet because she's afraid. How cute!
    "Appa, I wanna go with you." Yoona murmurs.
    "I wanna go with umma and appa." Hyoyeon says.
    "Yoona and Hyoyeon, you will come with me with your mother. Yul, you'll go with Yunho. We don't have a choice, the maximum that could enter at a time is four." oppa says.
    "I can do this alone oppa. I'm not scared at all." Really? I can see your hands are shaking. Ms. Competitive girl is back.
    "Okay. We will go first. See you at the exit." Sooyoung says.
    They go inside and left us. After a couple of minutes, I heard Yuri talking. "Yuri-ah, you can do this. They are not real ghosts and monsters. Arasso? Fighting!"
    "Are you alright? Are you sure you want to go inside?" I ask with a smile on my face. She's so cute while she is talking to herself.
    "Of...cour...se..." she stutters.
    "You are next sir." the personnel says.
    "Are you ready?" She nods.
    "Let's go."
    We enter the horror house. We are hearing creepy sounds inside. It is a bit cold here and Yuri is wearing shorts in this kind of place. I remove my jacket and give it to her.
    "Here. Cover your legs." She takes the jacket and tie it in her waist.
    The first part of this place is they are showing some fake dead people lying on the open coffins. Yuri is just standing behind me.
    "You can grab on my t-shirt if you want to." I offer. She grabs my shirt without any second thoughts. This place must be scary but I'm having so much fun in here with this adorable lady.
    We are passing by the last coffin then suddenly the person lying on it stands up and taps Yuri's shoulders. She screams so loud and stumbles down. She begins to cry.
    "Yul, are you okay?" I ask her worriedly. Wait! Did I just call her Yul?
    She's not answering. I panic and ask her once again, "Are you alright?"
    "Oppa," she whispers while staring at me with her teary eyes. Am I hearing right? She called me oppa? This young lady is really scared right now.
    "Come here. I will protect you." I hug her. She lean her head on my chest. I ask her, "Is this alright?" She nods and hugs me back.
    My heart is beating really fast. Do you hear it, Yuri? Right now, I think I am inlove this girl and this time I must protect her.
    We walk to the second part and when I look at it, it is full of ugly-scary faces and puppets.
    "Close your eyes." I know she will get panic if she see these faces. She hugs me tighter and we pass that part.
    I think this is the last part. There are people inside the bars reaching for us. But it is more difficult to pass because the bars are beyond our legs. They are reaching for our feet. How can Yuri handle this? She opens her eyes and look around. She saw the hands that wants to grab our feet. She hugs me once again and cry out loud.
    "Can I carry you until we pass the exit?" This is the only idea I thought.
    "Can you? I'm quite heavy." she says quite embarass.
    "You are not heavy at all." I smile to her and carry her into my arms. She puts her hands around my neck and closes her eyes.

YURI'S POV
    That dream was real. And he is the one who carried me last night. It feels all the same. This day he acts like my knight in shining armor, his presence and his words. I cannot imagine that he has this kind of side. I can't imagine that this is all real until I see the light. The light that reveals the outside of this horrible place.
    "So that's how Yunho carry you last night up to your room." Sooyoung shouts while clasping her hands.
    What? "Did you really carried me to my room?" I whisper to Yunho.
    "Yes. Your room was very neat. I'm impress." He smiles. I almost melt.
    I give him back his jacket and thank him. He stares at my eyes then his eyes find my legs. "Where are you staring at?"
    "Why are you wearing shorts in this place?"
    "I want to move freely."
    "But you can wear a pair of jeans."
    "It's hot! Why are you wearing a jacket?"
    "My arms are swollen." Swollen? Your body is what models do have.
    "Give it back to me." I grab his jacket and tie the sleeves at my waist.
    "Swollen? You have the body that every men would want."
    "Thanks for the compliment Yul." He called me Yul? I thought that a while ago, he just said it by accident.
    "Does my body really look good?" he smirks.
    "This jacket can cover my legs. Now, this has good use." I fastly change the topic. This jerk knows how to be proud of himself.
    "Where are they?" he says. I look around and realize that we were left by the others.
    "I got a text from Changmin." he shows me his phone and read the message.

 

    The girls got hungry. You two are busy talking to each other so we didn't interupt. Yul will give you company. Please take care of her and have fun. I will send you another message if it is time to go home. -Changmin
 

    We are alone again. What we will do?
    "Where do you want to go next?" I ask him. He pointed at the roller coaster. Yey! Roller coaster!