Chapter 7

The Neighbor's Fate

YUNHO’S POV

                What will I do today?

                The weather is nice and the breeze is so cooling. It’s a great day to jog. Yes, that’s right. I didn’t have the time to have a work out since I came here.

                “Let’s go Taepoong-ah!”

                I do my morning exercises and jog outside with Taepoong, it’s much better to have a company than to be alone. The fresh air in Jeju is the best. The view is so relaxing, and the people are heart-warming. I love this place, good thing that I take a vacation here.

As I’m enjoying the scenery, I notice that my dog is missing. That’s right. He is out of my sight. Where are you Taepoong?

                I search everywhere but there are no signs of him.

                Then, I heard his bark. I walk going to the sound of it. As I walk closer I saw Taepoong with a lady hugging him.

                “Excuse me. I’m sorry if my dog bothers you early this morning.” She stands and faces me.

                “It’s okay. Taepoong is so cute.”

                Yu-ri?

                “Yes. It’s me.” She smiles.

                “Why are you here?”

                “Am I not allowed to jog every morning?”

                “That’s not what I meant. It’s just that it’s the first time I saw you early this morning.”

                “What are you talking about? I do this every day and for your information this is the first time you left your house in this hour so this is the first time I saw you this early.” That’s true.

                “I’m sorry.”

                “It’s okay, no big deal. Can I borrow Taepoong to accompany me?”

                “It’s alright but can I come too?”

                “Sure.”

                Starting today my mornings will always be beautiful.

                “Yuri, what will you do this afternoon?”

                “I think Soo and I will go to the supermarket this afternoon.”

                “How about this morning after you jog?”

                “I think I’m free.”

                “Good. Can you come with me to the beach later? It is near to our houses and the weather is nice for a great swim.”

                “You’re right. Alright, see you later. I will just change my clothes.”

                “Okay.”

                I didn’t notice that we were already back at her house. She bids goodbye and enters her house. I must also go back to my house to change my clothes.

What will I wear? This shorts seems good to wear for a swim. This t-shirt  is also nice but I’m more comfortable when I don’t wear anything on top however it’s kind of embarrassing to show my body to Yuri so I must put this shirt on.

After I’m settled, I walk to the beach. The beach is not crowded compared to the past few days but there are many people taking a swim. Well, the weather is warm so everyone are enjoying. Why does Yuri taking too long? Did she not pass this day to do her yoga? She said a while ago that she jogs every morning and after that she does her yoga. She even drinks yogurt for good digestion. This woman is rare.

“Yunho oppa.” Someone shouts. Finally she’s here. I turn around to find her.

Is that her?

 

YURI’S POV

                I call Yunho oppa loud enough to hear. He turns and looks at me. He spaces out, I knew it.

                “Oppa?”

                I guess it’s right. Sooyoung obliged me to wear a red bikini. I persisted to wear a t-shirt and shorts but she suddenly cried. So I agreed to wear this bikini top even I don’t really want to but I insist to pair this with shorts. She happily agreed on my request. She’s pregnant that’s why she will become emotional if I didn’t consent with her.

                “That’s enough. I know that my body is not appealing but Soo force me to wear this. I don’t have a choice.”

                “You’re y Yuri. I… I mean you are pretty.”

                “Thank you.” I blush. Any woman will be grateful if a man said that you have a nice curves. Well, he always knows how to make people smile except when he’s angry and cold heart, he turns into a beast.

                “Do you want to have a shirt on? “

                “Absolutely.”

                “Here, wear this.”  He takes off his white shirt for me to wear to cover my top. Oh my, are you a model? He’s sure hot. Yah! Kwon Yuri, what are you thinking? Stop it! Stop it!

                “Hey! Why are you hurting yourself?” He grabs my wrist and puts his shirt on my palm.

                “I’m sorry.” “But this is yours.” I shyly say.

                “It’s alright. I’m more comfortable with nothing on top and it is fun to watch the girls admire me.” This jerk is really conceited.

                “What’s with the angry face? The most important thing is that I want you to cover yourself so that the boys will stop drooling for you.”

                “What are you saying?”

                “Look around. The boys are so much into you.”

                “Stop that!”

                “It’s true. If you don’t mind, I want you to know that you have a really nice body. You’re hot.”

                “Alright! Alright! I will wear this now.”

                I put on his shirt which is hanging on me. It’s large for me but not bad to cover my upper body.

                “Better! Let’s go!” He run to the water and takes a swim.

                “Yuri, come here. The water is great.”

                I approach him and take a swim. He’s right. The water is cold, nice for this hot morning. I should invite the girls next time.

                We enjoy the swim so much until Sooyoung calls me. We didn’t notice that it is time for lunch.

                “Yul, lunch is ready.” Soo yells.

                “Okay. I’m coming.” I answer.

                “We must go eat. My stomach is grumbling. Come, join with us.” I invite him.

                “Thank you but I’m wet and I didn’t bring an extra shirt with me because my house is just right there.”

                “I know. But can you come after you change? You also don’t have the time to cook and you must be starving.”

                “Alright, I will go. Let’s go! I will just take a quick shower and change.”

                “Okay, see you later.”

                I run to the house to have a shower and change into dry clothes. But before I can enter, Sooyoung surprise me welcoming by the door.

                “Why are you wearing a t-shirt? I thought we agreed on something.” She says while her arms cross on her chest.

                “I know Soo but Yunho oppa gives me his shirt so that I can cover my top.” She squeals, a little irritating for my ears. Her mad face a while ago turns into a happy one.

                “And when did you call Yunho a oppa?” She smirks.

                “Ahm. Yesterday?” She squeals again. I think I will be deaf.

                “Your improvement is so fast. I’m so happy.” “Here’s a towel. Go get change.” She walks to the kitchen.

                “Soo, wait a minute.” She stops.

                “Yunho oppa will come here for lunch. Is that all right?”

                “All right? It’s better than all right. He can have his lunch and dinner here every day.” She finishes her sentence and enters the kitchen grinning so wide.

                I take a shower and immediately get dress. I get my journal and pen.

                Aprill 11, 2013

                It’s another warm day today.  I did jog and done my yoga. But there’s more, I went swimming with Yunho oppa. It was fun. But I don’t know if he is a very caring oppa or just a ert one.  Well, as time goes by I will know him a lot more.

                And I’m also excited for next week. My best friend send me a message a while ago, her name is Jessica. Sica will have a vacation here. I’m so excited because we didn’t have time to meet and enjoy each other’s company. It’s like years that I didn’t see her. The last time we met was four years ago. It’s our graduation day. She took fashion design while I took up theater and arts. I miss those days, can’t wait for Sica to come.

 

-Yuri <3