Chapter 4

The Neighbor's Fate

YURI'S POV
    "Hello, is there something wrong?" I ask the stunned Yunho.
    "No...ne...There is no problem." he stutters.
    "You can close your mouth now. Are you seeing a ghost or something?" What is the problem with him?
    "...a goddess." I quite heard him.
    "I beg your pardon?"
    "Nothing. Why did you come here?"
    "Appa invited you for dinner. But if you don't like, you can stay here."
    "Thank you for the invitation. I'm pleasure to have dinner with your family."
    "Okay. I will get going. Dinner is ready at 7. Bye."
    "Wait!" He grabs my hand, not letting me go.
    "Yah! What's your problem?"
    "You are my problem. I already apologize but you're still angry at me."
    "So what? It's none of your business."
    "Can we talk about this? You and your family are the only neighbor I knew here. Please come inside. I want to settle this misunderstanding. Please?"
    "Fine."
    "Have a seat."
    "Are you still mad at me?" I shift my attention to him.
    "Yes." Just a little honestly.
    "Why?"
    "Well, I'm just hurt because you said that I'm an irresponsible woman."
    "I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you are their mother. It just came out from my mouth."
    "But now, you know that I'm their aunt."
    "Yes. I'm really sorry for what I've said that day. It's just that I did'nt get much sleep that day so I got hot-tempered. I also didn't got a sleep at the flight that day. I'm really sorry for my behavior."
    "It's all your fault. You should slept on that flight so that your cold heart will not appear."
    "Well, I planned to sleep on that flight but a lady wearing an eye mask sitted beside me is sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. She has long legs, I bet she is tall, and she has a long black hair. By the way she really looks like..."
    She really looks like me. What the?!
    "Why didn't you woke her up?" I shyly ask.
    "She's so cute. She was doing a merong while sleeping."
    Kwon Yuri! What have you done?
    "Okay. Mr. Yunho, I accept your apology. See you at 7."
    I leave the house at full speed. This is so embarassing. I enter our house and go straight to the kitchen to help Sooyoung prepare the dinner.
    "What did he say?" Sooyoung asks.
    "Well, he accepted it. He will be here in a few minutes."
    "That's good. Help me with these so we can finish right away."
    "Sure."


YUNHO'S POV
    I enter the house of Kwons, Changmin welcoming me. He lead me to their dining room where everyone is already sitted and waiting for me. They insisted me to sit beside Yuri. I have no choice besides I like to be beside her.
    "Don't tell them about the flight? Okay?" Yuri whispers softly that I think I'm the only can hear it.     
    "What is all about the fligt Auntie?" I guess I'm not the only one who heard it. Yoona have pretty sharp ears.
    "What is it Yoona?" Changmin asks.
    "I heard Auntie saying to Uncle Yunho about the flight." Yoona says.
    "Just eat Yoona. It's nothing." Yuri orders.
    "What is all about the flight Auntie?" Hyoyeon clearly says while munching her food.
    "About the flight, as you can see, Yuri-ssi and I already met." I inform.
    Everyone is surprise, even Yuri chokes her food. Well, she was shock that I told them even she threaten me.
    "Yah! Why did you tell them?" she shouts while hitting my right arm.
    "Why didn't you tell us?" Mr. Kwon asks.
    "I'm asleep. I didn't know that he is sitted beside me." she demands.
    "Did she merong?" Changmin asks happily.
    "Oppa!"
    "Yes. It was very funny." Everyone laughs. She hits me once again. "Does she always do it?"
    "Most of the time she does it especially when she is tired." Sooyoung explains.
    "I can tell that she is tired. She is already sleeping when I got into the plane." Everyone burst again into laughter except for Yuri who was staring at me with her killer eyes.
    "Sweetie, do you know that Yunho is an architect. He designed his own house." Mr. Kwon says.
    "I see. But I didn't notice it a while ago."    
    "You can visit the house later. I will show you around." I invite her.
    "That's a good idea. Yul is just always at her room when she's here." Changmin says.
    "I am tired. I will go to sleep early."
    "But Auntie, you didn't done anything." Hyoyeon says cutely.
    "I watch the TV!"
    "Watching TV is not tiring." Yoona blurts out.
    "Yah! Girls! I thought you're on my side." The two girls just continue eating their food.
    "Sweetie, go with him. You will love it." Mr. Kwon suggests.
    "Okay appa." I think this is my lucky day.

YURI'S POV
    If appa didn't insist I will not go here. But still my feet are here, stepping into the floors of his house.
    "Welcome to my house Yuri-ssi. Oh, here is my dog. His name is Taepoong."
    His siberian husky is so cute. I hug his dog, his fur is soft. I want one so badly. Taepoong wags his tail while staring at me. I think his so happy because of me. Keke~
    "He loves you." I already know that. I want him.
    "Are you thirsty or something?" he asks.
    "No. Thank you."
    He shows me around the house. It's very neat for a guy leaving alone in a house. The structures are very nice. I like how the black, gray and white compliments with each other. But it will be more charming if he adds pink and red. Well, his a guy so he will not do it. This house is a modern type of home, the one that I also love. Appa is right, I like it.
    "You have a nice house." I honestly  says.
    "Thank you. I work hard on this."
    "If I can build my house. The most important thing that I want to have is a dance studio."
    "You really love dancing, aren't you?"
    "I love it so much. Even now my work is all about dancing."
    "Let's go to the garden. Let's talk outside. It's refreshing."
    We go to his garden. When we got there, I'm just in awe to look at it. It's just a simple garden but its very beautiful. It has bushes with roses and many types of flowers, green grass everywhere, and the one that adds the appealing view is the white swing facing the beach. How nice, it's very relaxing.
    "It's very lovely. I didn't notice this at my window."
    "I want this to be more private. So I build high fences to the sides of it."
    "Amazing! But it's kinda cold here."
    "Why didn't you wear your jacket?" he suddenly burst.
    "Yah! I didn't know that we will talk here outside." This jerk!
    "Here. Wear this." He gives his jacket to me that this gesture makes me blush. Is he Mr. Jerk? If he already shows this kind of attitude to me that day, I might already fell in love with this guy.
    "I almost forgot. I'm Kwon Yuri, Mr. Yunho." I give my right hand.
    "I'm Jung Yunho. Nice to meet you." He smiles and shakes my hand. Wait?! Jung Yunho?
    "You own the Yuca Malls?"
    "Well, my appa really owns it." He smiles. Is it funny?
    "I see. I didn't expect to meet an elite like you."
    "I am not an elite, I think. I don't like to run the company. I just want to be an architect." He smiles again sending shivers to my body. Can you please stop that?
    "Yuri-ssi, can you please let go of my hand? Your hold is getting tighter." he adds while giving me that gentle smile. Omo~ I didn't notice that I'm still holding his hand. I let go of his hand and stare at the beach. I didn't face him for I am so embarassed.
    "Yuri-ssi, where do you live at Seoul?"
    "I am renting an apartment just around Gangnam-gu. I'm saving to buy my own house. But I think it will take forever." "How about you Yunho-ssi?"
    "Please, just call me Yunho. It would be nicer to call me Yunho oppa." Yah! What are you thinking? I love to call you Mr. Jerk, it's much nicer.
    "I live at a condo unit at Cheongdam-dong. What takes you here at Jeju?"
    "I'm having a vacation here with my family before the school year starts. And you?"
    "I'm also having a vacation. Are you still studying?"
    "No. I'm a part-time dance teacher at Seoul University."
    "Such a hardworking lady, Yuri-ssi."
    "By the way, what are you doing at the cemetery?"
    "I'm visiting my ex-girlfriend's grave. Her family lives here."
    "I'm sorry for the lost."
    "It's okay."
    "May I ask, why did she die?"
    "She's not strong enough to have a brain tumor. She's having difficulty to handle it. Good thing that I'm beside her when she is struggling. Unfortunately, she passed away after 2 months at the hospital."
    "I'm so sorry. You must really love her. She is very luck to have you." Are you the real Mr. Jerk that I've known. Well, I think this is his real identity soft, gentle and caring.
    "I think she is lucky." he smirks. "How about you Yuri-ssi? Do you have any boyfriend?"
    Boyfriend? I suddenly feel the pain when hearing that word. "Let's not talk about that."
    "I'm sorry."
    Then, its starting to rain. Umma? I miss you very much. I'm truly sorry.

YUNHO'S POV
    The rain is starting to pour. I notice that Yuri is crying. What I have done? I cup her cheek and hold her hand.
    "Yuri-ssi, what's wrong?" She didn't answer. She just sobs really loud. I pat her back and let her stand.
    "Come on. Let's go inside. We will get wet if we stay here."
    We walk to the living room and let her sit on the couch.
    "Do you want to watch a movie?" She nods.
    I set the TV and sit beside her. We watch the movie with silence.
    After an hour, the  movie is gonna end. Then I felt something on my shoulder, the same feeling at the flight yesterday. I cup her cheek and look at her face. She is very gorgeous. She's sleeping like an angel. I can watch her sleep forever.
    Wait! My heart starts to beat so fast. Am I inlove with this girl? I just met her yesterday. I know that she is different from the girls that only loves me for my money. I will just get to know her more. It will be a good idea to just stay friends with her. In the first place, she doesn't like me. She is always angry when she sees me.
    I look at the clock and it's past 9 already. I must take her home. But she's still sleeping. What am I gonna do?