Gravity

The Perfect Fit
Minho walked home with Taemin reluctantly, dragging his heels and glancing back every so often at his home as they got further from it. Before they turned a corner, he got one last glimpse of his creator waving sadly from the large bay window. He assumed with little knowledge that it was supposed to be a gesture of comfort, but it only sent another shock through his system. Taemin stuffed his hands into his pockets and looked up at the older man, flashing him a weak smile.
 
"The professor really cares for you, you know." He smiled wider, making sure Minho saw it, hoping to cheer him up.
 
"Not as I care for him," Minho hung his head, "why would he send me away if he cares for me?"
 
"He's not doing it because he wants to be away from you...he just wants you to be safe. Come on, I'm not that bad." Taemin laughed, but quickly stopped when he noticed Minho's expressionless face. "I know I'm not Kibum, but I'm your friend and I promise it'll all be okay."
 
"Friend?" Minho cocked his head, unfamiliar with the word.
 
Taemin giggled, shaking his head, "Yeah! A friend is someone who really cares for you, but not in a romantic way. You and the professor are friends too, but you're also lovers. Does that makes sense?" 
 
"You don't love me?" Minho's eyes met Taemin's briefly and he stopped in his tracks. 
 
"I do love you, but as a friend. It's not the same kind of love."
 
"I only love Key." He retorted, crossing his arms just like Key would.
 
Taemin patted his shoulder, "I know." He smiled and grabbed Minho's hand, pulling him along faster to the house right ahead. He unlocked the door and pushed the taller man inside gently, carefully watching to make sure no one saw him. Minho walked slowly, observing the various clutter that was strewn about the front room. He whispered the names of things he recognized to himself, just simple words as he scanned over things he was familiar with.
 
"Just make yourself at home, alright? I'll be right back." Taemin shuffled off into another room, abandoning Minho momentarily.
 
He wandered further inside and found a picture in a frame of 3 people he recognized immediately: Taemin was on the left, Key in the middle, and Jonghyun on the right. In the background, he could make out a blurry representation of himself. He ran his fingers over the glass carefully before setting it back down. Beside the photo was a journal, similar to his creator's that had M.I.N.H.O. written in spidery handwriting in the corner. Minho whispered his own name as he cracked the book open, ignoring the dust that had gathered on it. Inside he found more pictures of himself and the trio working on him. The images ran a shock of sadness through him. He'd never seen true evidence of the wires and parts inside of him, even though he understood he was a machine. 
 
"Oh, you found your notebook!" Taemin smiled, taking  place beside Minho and looking over his shoulder. 
 
"Is this what I look like inside?" Minho asked seriously, picking up a particular picture of his open chest, exposing his gears and metal pieces.
 
"Yes...but it doesn't matter what you're made of, it's the way you feel...and by some miracle I can't explain, you definitely feel." 
 
"I've read books, you're made of blood and bones and a heart. I want to be like you." Minho sighed, closing the notebook and pushing it into Taemin's hands.