Truce

The Perfect Fit
Dear Jonghyun, you've left me with little to say. This letter may never even make it to you. I can't understand why you built me up so much to break me back down. I truly thought we were in love, but it would seem that your position on the Council is more important. What a shame, considering they'll think you a fool just like anyone else that joins them. You're such a brilliant scientist, we built M.I.N.H.O. together. You made more than a third of it's components and it ran smoothly, spoke to you, said your name. Did you abandon your passion for knowledge as you did me? It doesn't matter anymore. I've given you everything, including my white flag. You don't love me anymore and I won't be contacting you ever again.
 
Minho's finger traced his name on the paper, going over it a few times and whispering to himself, "M-I-N-H-O. Minho." He still couldn't will his system to break the code on the file for Jonghyun. Key startled him, walking through the door shaking water out of his hair. He flashed Minho a gentle smile and sat in the desk chair beside Minho. 
 
"What is Jonghyun?" Minho asked, curiously turning his head to meet Key's eyes. 
 
Key let out an exasperated sigh, bringing his fingers up to his forehead in stress. "I forgot that was a vital part of learning about any of this." he groaned and uttered the word, "Jagiya."
 
The file opened automatically, running transmissions of memories into Minho's conscious and showing him a smiling, brunette man and suddenly flashing to interrupted film of the man and his creator kissing, making love, laughing together, and lastly, screaming at each other. Minho had no recollection of ever seeing this stranger, but how else would he have these memories saved? 
 
"Do you see, Minho?" Key asked, leaning to place his hand on Minho's cool shoulder.
 
"I see, Sir. This man is a Jonghyun?" 
 
"Yes, that's Jonghyun. He was the first person to help me build you, and he loved you so much when you were an it and not a he. He spent countless hours welding your frame and putting tiny parts of you together. Every time he worked on you, his eyes sparkled and I always suspected it was because he was helping me with something that made me happy." Key smiled to himself, wrapping those warm memories of his last lover around him before tearing them down and cutting them away like a ribbon, "However, he was offered a position on the Council and he accepted without much thought. Because they wouldn't accept our relationship and what we were doing with you was more or less illegal, he left me...and he left you. It's funny that he changed his mind so quickly...now he's some hot-shot, well dressed, dirty Councilman and that's that." Key pulled the letter from Minho's lap and ran his hand over the paper longingly. 
 
Minho stood, lifting Key's chin with his index finger, "That still doesn't explain, Sir."
 
"Love is something that feels good, like how you feel when I read you books almost but more, but then the story ends and you're upset because it didn't end how you wanted." He avoided Minho's eyes as he spoke.
 
Minho blinked, processing Key's comparison until it ran a tiny shock through his body, "I believe I understand now. Thank you, Key...for loving me." He kissed his creator softly, finally learning to close his eyes in order to enjoy the kiss and not seem strange. Key giggled against his lips, pushing his arms up Minho's chest to lay comfortably against his shoulders. He was leaning in to kiss him again, but the door was forced open and slammed into the wall loudly. Key snapped his head in the direction of the disturbance and found Taemin bracing himself against the frame, his breath heaving. 
 
"Professor...you..." he placed his hands on his knees and panted, struggling to catch his breath, "have to hide...him." Taemin pointed a shaky finger at Minho and rushed in the door, closing it loudly behind him. 
 
"Taemin, what are you talking abou-" Key started but was interrupted by Taemin's harsh voice.
 
"The Council found out. I don't know how, but they're coming to investigate you and you have to hide him." 
 
Key's eyes went wide in panic and he looked up at Minho, wasting no time to turn his key and shut him down. He didn't need to hear this. He untangled his hand from Minho's hair and caught the large man as he collapsed into his arms and whispered only to himself.
 
"Dammit."