Coin Operated Boy

The Perfect Fit
He wasn't perfect, not yet anyway. I could see all the little flaws in my work plainly, but it would do for now. I left him slumped in the corner and hadn't even bothered to turn him on and test his functions. All I could do was sigh and bite at my lip as I paced the floor and looked him over. The council really hated my obsession with creating a human from wires and carefully scientific trickery, but I had finally done it. I couldn't decide what to feel, so I finally gave in and knealt between his legs. The brass key in my pocket was practically burning when I fished it out and proceeded to find the slot buried in his thick curls to start his engine. I was shaking like a leaf trying to find that little slot until it finally clicked and I heard whirring in his chest. I leaned back and observed him. He clumsly opened his eyes and I swore I saw fear in the boy's eyes, though they were made of glass. I cocked my head and watched him, waiting for him to do something other than blinking.
 
"Excuse me...sir, who are you?" his voice cracked and squeaked and a bit of smoke poured between his lips the first time he spoke. I smiled because it was actually quite cute, but it was another bug I'd have to fix in his system.
 
My hand extended before I could stop it, reaching to touch his beautiful face. "I'm Professor Kim Kibum. I work at the University and I created you in my spare time. You, I have so lovingly named, My Interesting Neuroscientific Human Organism, or Minho." I laughed at my own joke, forgetting that he wouldn't understand laughter yet. My hand wandered over his skin and it felt so real. Taemin, a student at the University, had almost completely molded Minho by himself from various waxes and chemicals I didn't recognize. I'd have to thank him again; his work was beautiful. It just so happened that Minho was anotomically correct, although I blushed at even the thought of finding out. 
 
"Minho...is my name?" he blinked, hiding his handpainted eyes behind a heavy set of eyelashes. 
 
"That's right! Good!" I threw my arms around him and nuzzled into his thick hair, "You're Minho, and I'm Key. You'll call me Key. I have so much to teach you, my goodness." He smelled so natural, not at all like the oils and paint I had expected. He gently grabbed my face and turned me to look at him, much like I had done earlier. He was already learning?
 
"You are Key." Minho smiled brightly, his eyes scrunching into precious half moons, "I like that name." I felt the heat building in my face and stood up swiftly. My own machine was not going to embarrass me like this, no matter how beautiful he was.