Me and the Minibar

The Perfect Fit
I had to ignore any questions Minho had about love. It wasn't beneficial for either of us if he knew anything about love. He was hovering over my shoulder as I welded thin wires together in an attempt to enhance a duplication of Minho's operating system. 
 
"What is today, Minho?" I asked through gritted teeth, heavily concentrated on my work.
 
"It's June 8th, Saturday, Sir." He smiled wide when I turned in his direction. It was getting harder for me to look at him until I figured out this glitch in him.
 
"Lucky us," I sighed, "no work tomorrow." I pulled him into my lap, allowing him to straddle my legs. I tucked his loose hairs behind his ear and took my time staring at him. "Minho, I...I can't teach you about love because love doesn't exist." My hand found it's way through his hair to the key locked in his ignition. I turned it with remorse. After removing the brass piece, Minho went completely limp in my arms. I didn't want to see him like this. I'd gotten into the habit of even letting him run while I was asleep. How disappointing that I could completely lose him with the turn of a simple key. Simple...how I wish it were.
 
I pulled him up, more or less throwing him over my shoulder and carrying him to my bed. He'd never slept here, although I've caught him more than once peeking into the small bedroom to check on me. I laid him down as carefully as I could, taking my time to pose him and make him comfortable. It's so silly that he can't recognize comfort, yet I insist on making him comfortable. He was too real for me.
 
I opened the mahogany chest at the foot of my bed, revealing the various liquors I stowed away for upsetting situations such as this one. Grabbing one at random, not caring what I was drinking, I took a long swig and let the alcohol burn my throat. I let out an aggravated sigh and carried the precious bottle to the parlor with me, clutching to it as if it were a rare gem. I stumbled to the piano, already feeling my inebriation settling in. I placed the decanter on the top of the instrument and stared into the opaque, caramel colored liquid for a minute. In my confusion and frustration, I pulled Minho's Key from my pocket and dropped it into the drink. It was satisfying seeing it sink down and clink at the bottom of the glass. I smiled, running my fingers over the ivory keys before I started a song...
 
"Close all the windows, put signs on your handles, and strip down to my..dun-dun-duns...you have gone so far...you have gone...so...far..." my thought trailed off but my fingers kept the pace. I glanced up, having forgotten Minho's key already. My eyes widened and I started to panic.
 
"Why would you do that to him, Kibum? How stupid can you be?" My slurred curses poured out to no one but myself as I stared at it. I could feel my eyes burning with the need to cry, but I couldn't figure out why. Maybe it was the significance of the metaphor; I was drowning in him the way his key was drowning in the decanter. It made sense in my intoxicated state, but it was only making it worse. I picked the glass container up and threw it to the floor, sending shards of glass skittering across the hardwood. I kneeled down, picking the key out of the shattered pieces and spilled brandy. I held it out in my hands, concentrating very hard on it before noticing my own tears crashing against it. Guilt. I felt guilty. Ignoring the fresh cuts on my legs and feet, I ran to the bedroom and frantically looked for the slot buried in his hair. I turned it, quickly pulling him into my embrace to hear his mechanical heartbeat.
 
"Key?" he asked innocently, copying my actions and pulling me closer into a hug.
 
"Minho, I need you to pay attention," I cried softly into his shoulder, "I lied to you. Lying is when you tell someone something that is reasonable but not true. It's a bad thing to do, and I lied to you."
 
"Lied?" He muttered, although I was sure he understood. I pulled out of his arms and pressed my hands to his gentle cheeks.
 
"Love does exist, and I can prove that because I'm in love with you." I kissed him eagerly, my own tears rolling over my lips as I pushed them to his.