Black ops?

The Bigger the Dog, the Harder it Bites

Your phone had been ringing off the hook for days.

Ring, RING, RING!

"DAMN THAT THING IS ANNOYING!"

You violently rip the cord out of the wall, but immediately after, your hand phone went crazy too. Multiple agencies had been calling you non-stop, asking, no- begging for you to come and join their agencies.

You had already decided that being a police officer just wasn't the right thing for you. Instead, you decided to find a nice full time job that was more laid back.

Suddenly, your phone began to beep.

"What the hell-" You began.

Your phone didn't beep. Its ring tone was a song.

You grabbed your hand phone from the table and took a glance at the screen.

Not recognizing the number, you decided to answer.

“Hello? Sorry but I’ve decided to quit police work once and for-“

You were cut off by the person on the other end.

“Hello Miss Grace. My name is Detective Kim, Sang-kyung Kim. I am the leader and creator of black ops. I’ve heard that you quit your job and wanted to know if you were interested in joining us?”

He stated flatly.

“Uhhhh… Hi? I don’t really think that I’m interested. After all, I am quitting police work once and for-“

You were cut off once again.

“Miss Grace, before you refuse, I would like to tell you more about our agency. Please meet me at the Black Smith tomorrow afternoon at around 4pm.” He said and then quickly hung up.

“What the hell. If this guy thinks I’m going to meet him then he must be nuts. And how rude is he? Hanging up on me like that.” You muttered to yourself, standing up.

It was already late, so you decided to take a shower and go to bed.

The next day was boring. And by boring, you meant EXTREMELY BORING. It was your first day off of the job- and you had nothing to do with yourself.

“I need to get a job~” You whined, shoveling a sugary cereal into your mouth.

You stopped, and looked down into your bowl. Suddenly your curiosity spiked about the call from yesterday.

“Hmm. Maybe I should meet him? But he sounded like a swindler.” You pondered this for a few seconds.

“Oh well. I need a job. Might as well check it out.” You shrugged.

After your breakfast, you stood up and got dressed, deciding to do some shopping before you met him.

About an hour later, you were still wandering the streets of Seoul, glancing around at shops and people.

“Waahh~ before I didn’t really have time to look around like this. This is fun.” You said glancing up at the tall buildings and little shops.

You received a few looks from guys, seeing that you weren’t bad looking. You just didn’t seem to notice.

Eventually you reached a street corner, and you began to smell dukbokki. You strode over to the cart and stood in line.

“Dukbokki chom jusaeyo.” You said to the Ahjumma working there.

She smiled and began to pack some up for you as you grabbed your wallet, pulling out your money and handing it to her.

“Gamsahabnida.”

You grabbed your bag of food and quickly turned, as you were shoving your wallet back into your purse.

Turning a little too quickly, you ran into a man standing behind you, and the food fell out of your hands, and all over him.

“AISH! WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!” He yelled angrily, and you grabbed a handful of napkins, attempting to rub the red sauce off of his extremely nice suite. Well, it had been nice.

“YOU’RE MAKING IT WORSE!” He screamed again, and you noticed that you had just been rubbing the sauce in.

“I’m sorry! Please forgive me!” You said, bowing repeatedly. He glared angrily at you. You looked up at him for the first time, and DAMN.

He was the most attractive man you had ever seen. Sharp cheek bones, a small face, not to mention he was extremely tall. His hair was bright red, styled back. Your face burned red, out of embarrassment- and because he was so cute.

Breaking out of your daze, you looked him in the eye.

“Sir- I am truly sorry about this. Let me pay for dry cleaning.” You stated, pulling out your wallet.

“Aish. No need, I’m in a rush.” He said, shoving you aside. As he strode away, you chased after him.

“But SIR! I ruined your suite! Let me pay you back!” But it was no use, he was already gone.

Shrugging it off, you received some glares from girls that had been watching.

Your meeting would be in a few minutes, and luckily the Black Smith was just around the corner. You threw away what was left of your dukbokki, and strode away, hoping to never encounter that guy again.

As you reached the Black Smith, a little coffee shop/restaurant, you glanced in the windows. It seemed to be empty. Maybe he hadn’t arrived yet.

Grabbing the door, you pulled on it hard but it refused to open. Maybe they were closed? Looking around though, every shop next to it was open.

“Uh- miss?” A man behind you tapped your shoulder.

“That is a PUSH door.” He said looking away.

Your cheeks flushed.

“Oh- uh, sorry!” You said pushing it open and walking inside.

You hurriedly took a seat by the window, and waited for Detective Kim to show up.

About thirty minutes later, a man walked in, wearing a crisp black suite. His hair was styled in a way that fit his face shape perfectly, and your eyes widened in surprise when he made his way over to you.

“Miss Grace?” He asked, pulling out a chair.

“Oh! Hello Detective Kim.” You said bowing. “Please take a seat.”

He nodded, and sat in front of you.

“I apologize for being so late. Something came up at work. Apparently one of our special agents was on the way to work when a crazy women crashed into him, and her dukbokki got all over him? He was complaining left and right.”

You choked on your water.

“Is that so? What a weird thing to happen. Hahaha..” You laughed, putting on a fake smile.

“Anyways, I wanted to talk with you about becoming one of our special agents.” He said, looking you in the eye.

“I have heard about your skills, and I want them for my team. Not only that, but we can also help you enhance your talent, and help you gain others.”

You looked at him suspiciously.

“You’re not a swindler, are you?” You asked.

“Of course not!” He exclaimed.

“Funny. That’s exactly what a swindler WOULD say.” You said raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

“Look, I’m not here to swindle you. I promise. Please, just listen to me. We really need someone with your talent. It could come in handy for some serial killers on the loose.”

“SERIAL KILLERS?” You said loudly, and everyone in the café glanced in your direction.

“Ehem. I mean, I’ve never dealt with serial killers before!” You whispered excitedly in his direction.

“Yes, well lately we are having a list of bodies being found all over the city, and we think that they are being killed by the same person.”

“Oooo~ sounds exciting. I’m in!” You exclaimed, raising a fist.

Director Kim looked at you in surprise.

“That’s all it took you to join us? Telling you about a serial killer? O-kay.” He said standing up.

“Meet me at this building tomorrow morning at 9am. Bring anything you need to live because you sometimes won’t be able to go home at night so you will be using our rooms.” He said handing you a business card.

You smiled and nodded, bowing.

“Thank you!”

“No- thank you, Miss Grace.” He said and left the café.

“He’s kind of weird.” You muttered to yourself, and left as well.