All wounds heal after time...

The Bigger the Dog, the Harder it Bites

(A/N: Hey everyone, sorry for the EXTREMELY long hiatus. I’ve had major writers block on this story. Thankfully, I’m back. Just a side note, for now since Grace has been in a coma I am changing this story from 2nd person, to 3rd person.)

 

Tao paced back and forth in the hospital hallway, his hands writhing together in desperation. Grace didn’t remember him, and that sent him into an all out panic. Did she just forget everything, or only certain memories? He was practically dying here. Grace meant everything to him. She was the only person he could trust, and now that she had forgotten him, where did that leave them?

Suddenly the nurse exited Grace’s room and Tao walked over to her in haste.

“What happened? Why can’t she remember who I am?” He asked.

“Oh no, it’s nothing like that. She knows who you are. But for some reason she thinks that you both belong to some secret organization. She also claims to have a special power of some sort?”

Tao froze up.

, she talked about black ops?

“What? A secret organization and a special power? No way, that’s insane.”Tao insisted, shaking his hands.

“That’s what I thought as well. Anyways, she may have a minor case of amnesia, but there was hardly any brain damage in the accident so she should recover quickly. She can leave the hospital in a few days, but we need to make sure that her vitals are okay, and that she won’t fall back into a coma. She will also be in a wheel chair for a while.

And please, once she leaves the hospital and is able to walk again, don’t let her use her body too much. If she so much as runs for even a few seconds her wounds will re-open. This accident has caused permanent damage, and that may put her in a state of shock. Once she realizes that she will no longer be able to do the things she used to, it may bring her into a state of depression. Seeing that you are what looks like the only person that cares for her, you should set her mind straight and make sure to reassure her that in time, all wounds heal.”

Tao nodded in understanding, feeling awful that Grace was going to be injured for such a long time. Once the nurse walked away, Tao continued to make his way back into Grace’s room, hoping that she would regain her memory of him soon. Suddenly he heard a gasp and something shattering on the ground. His eyes flew open and he ran into her room in less than two strides.

“Grace! What happened? Are you alright?” Tao ran in to find Grace in a frenzy, throwing things left and right.

“Grace! What are you doing! Calm down!” Tao ran to her and grabbed her wrists, trying to calm her.

“You can’t be serious!” She wailed, tears streaming from her face. Her voice was raspy, but he could understand what she was saying.

“I can’t believe I’ve been in a coma for this long! I’ve forgotten someone that’s very important to me! PICKLESSSS!!!” She wailed, shaking Tao by the collar. She practically threw herself out of bed before Tao caught her and tried to restrain her to the bed. A nurse ran in once again.

“What is it this time?” She said, obviously irritated.

“I’m sorry. Grace has just remembered her cat, Pickles. She doesn’t like the thought of him being alone for such a long time, I think.” Tao remarked.

“Grace, CALM DOWN. Kai has been taking good care of Pickles, since Mi Do is allergic.”

“WHAT?” Grace choked, “KAI HAS BEEN WATCHING MY BABY? NOOOOO”

---------------

 Soon after a week of bed rest, Grace quickly made her way back to black ops with Tao by her side, restraining her from any crazy activity. She was also confined to a wheel chair for the time being, and still could not recall ever being in a relationship with Tao. All that mattered right now to Grace was getting back to her friends, and more importantly, Pickles.

As Tao pushed Grace into the large building of black ops, Grace turned to ask him something.

“Tao, tell me something. While I was in a coma, did my parents ever come to visit me? I could swear I heard my mother’s voice.”

“Actually to my surprise, no, they didn’t. I thought for sure they would, even if you guys have fought in the past. We tried to contact them, but couldn’t find any information on them, almost like they had vanished.”

Trying to hide her disappointment, Grace laughed it off and instead braced herself for entering black ops after such a long time.

“Are you ready, or do you need a moment?”  Tao asked, concerned.

“No, that’s ok. I’m ready.” Suddenly Grace’s stomach throbbed in the area it had earlier been impaled at. Ignoring it, Grace put a smile on, ready to greet her friends. She was sincerely grateful; these people had apparently done a lot for her while she had been gone, according to Tao.

The doors opened quickly, and Tao and Grace were met by their comrades, clapping and cheering for Grace’s discharge.

Mi Do stood at the front of the crowd, smiling widely, along with Kai.

“Congratulations Grace!” They both said at once, and gave each other a quick look, giggling afterwards.

Grace gave Tao a strange look.

“They’re dating.” He said simply. Grace nodded, laughing.

Mr. Kim walked up to Grace and handed her a small flower, a lily to be exact. Then he quickly turned to the crowd that had gathered.

“Alright, everyone. Back to your stations! Give Grace some time to adjust.”

They all nodded and returned back to work.

As soon as the crowd had dispersed, Grace gave Kai a hard look.

“If anything is wrong with Pickles, I’ll kill you.” She threatened promptly.

His eyes bulged at the threat, but he quickly regained his composure, giving Grace a tight hug.

“YAH! Be careful!” Tao exclaimed, shoving Kai away.

“Hey~ I took care of Pickles very well! You should be grateful Grace~” Kai whined, and Mi Do slapped his shoulder. 

“Sorry I’m allergic to cats. Otherwise I would have watched Pickles.” Mi Do stated flatly.

“But I’m so glad that you’re back. You’ve missed so much! I’ll just have to catch you up!” Mi Do said, grabbing the handles of your wheelchair from Tao.

He faltered- about to complain, but decided against it.

“Kaja!” Mi Do said happily, pushing your wheelchair to go and see Pickles.

Grace turned around and gave a small wave to Tao. His heart clenched, and he waved back.

My poor Grace. She has been through so much.

------------

(A:N/ I’m going back into 2nd person guys.)

After a short walk to your room, Mi Do slowly opened the door. You could barely contain yourself. You were so excited to see Pickles again.

The door opened.

“Pickles?” You called quietly into the darkness of the room. A few seconds passed and a small meow echoed from inside. Pickles ran from under the bed and darted into your lap, rubbing his body against yours as he purred happily. You practically started to cry, as your heart throbbed from how happy you were to see him. From the looks of it, he was happy to see you to.

Just as you started to choke up, Kai and Tao made their way to the room as well, when Tao saw your face.

“Grace?! What’s wrong?” He exclaimed, running to your side. He kneeled down in front of you to your level, grasping the sides of your wheelchair. His hand caressed your cheek, rubbing the dewy tears from your eyes as they began to fall.

“K-Kai. Thank you so much for taking care of my baby. I’m so g-grateful.” You stammered, casting him a glance as you squeezed Pickles.

“It was no biggy. I think he thinks I’m his dad, now.” He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

“I’m just so angry with myself for leaving him. He was always there for me. Oh God, I’m personifying a cat now.” You exclaimed, letting Pickles jump from your lap.

“Anyways, could you guys all catch me up on what I've missed. Tell me how the case is going.” You said.

More importantly, what has Grace forgotten? How will Grace recover all the time she has lost while being in a coma, and forgetting so much of the times she wasn't? Tao thought.

Mi Do silently pushed you to the back of your room where the huge window was. Once Tao the lights, you saw just how empty the room was. It was still the same from before, just less- homey looking. You realized that Tao must have spent most of his time at the hospital with you. You were thankful, but felt sorry that you couldn't remember being in a relationship with him. Hopefully your memories would come back soon.