That's our room

The Bigger the Dog, the Harder it Bites

(A:N/ So I just updated yesterday but I’m getting Lu Han feels. I was too excited to write so I had to do a double update. Enjoy~)

Lu Han POV

As soon as I heard Mr. Kim call my name, I walked into the cafeteria with as much charisma as I could muster. What I looked like now would determine how everyone treated me for the rest of the time I spent here. First impressions were very important for detectives.

I held a smirk on my face, walking cockily towards the center of the room. Hearing the girls squeal was the only confirmation I needed to know that it had worked. Tossing my hair to the side with a smooth flip of my head, I casually glanced around the room.

Before I had even been scouted to become a black-op, I had already known that Kai would be here. Two years ago when he had left our detective agency, I had seen him leave with a younger version of Mr. Kim. Even now, I was still feeling guilty for what I had done two years ago. Kai had left because of me, and I had suffered the consequences because of my careless actions, losing a precious friend because of it.

As I looked around the room, I caught sight of a beautiful young woman sitting in wheelchair. My interest peaked at her surprised expression, and I held her gaze, refusing to be the first one to back down. I looked deeply into her eyes, trying to find the reason for her disability. Her legs looked strong, so she hadn’t been in the wheelchair for long. Maybe an accident had occurred? It did happen often with agents.

Suddenly I heard a low growl, and I noticed a tall man sitting next to her with hair as red as blood.

What an unusual color of hair for an agent.    

I chuckled, realizing that my hair was pretty bizarre as well.

Whatever the case, he seemed defensive over the girl in the wheelchair. I decided then that I would find out why.

But before I could do anything else, my gaze broke with hers and I found Kai’s eyes instead. My heart race quickened, and I looked into his eyes sadly, searching for any sign of forgiveness. Finding none, I watched as Kai pulled another girl out of the cafeteria with him, the boy with the red hair and the girl in the wheelchair following closely behind.

-----

“So, what are we doing today?” You asked Tao as you all arrived at the gym.

“Well, all you’re going to be doing is some good old fashioned therapy, Grace.” Tao laughed at your eagerness, helping you out of your wheelchair and onto a mat.

“It’s too bad that you’ve been gone for so long, Grace. I’m pretty good at self-defense now. You must be pretty far behind me.” Mi Do chided happily, her pony tail bobbing up and down as she walked towards a separate mat.

“Only thanks to me! You wouldn’t know anything if you didn’t have such a fantastic teacher.” Kai said, pushing out his chest.

Mi Do scoffed, rolling her eyes. You smiled, happy that Kai seemed to be in a better mood now. Hopefully Lu Han would leave him alone so that the atmosphere would stay this way.

“Alright Grace, let’s start with bending those legs of yours.” Tao began, taking hold of one of your legs. He bent it slowly, trying to help you regain feeling in your joints.

“What will this accomplish? I can’t even feel your hand right now.” You said sadly, trying not to worry. You had to trust that you would regain your ability to walk soon enough. You just had to be patient.

“You can’t let your legs lose any muscle mass. If that happens, then it will be even harder to walk properly again.” Tao set down your right leg gently, and took hold of the other, repeating the same process.

As he pushed your leg against your chest, you could feel the spot where the doctors had stitched together your stomach. It stretched sometimes, sending a small amount of pain surging through your body. Ignoring it, you simply focused on Tao as he moved your leg back and forth.

Smiling, you sat up straight, stopping Tao from moving your leg.

“Grace, what’s wro-“ he began, looking into your eyes. You cut him off, wrapping your arms around his neck tightly.

“Thank you for doing this for me, Tao. Saranghae~” You whispered seductively into his ear, or, at least as seductive as a person in a wheelchair could be. His cheeks enflamed red, identical to the bright color of his hair. Breaking out of his trance, he quickly picked you up princess style and spun in a circle.

You held onto his neck tightly, and laughed happily.

So this is what it feels like, to love someone.

Mi Do watched the affection passing between you both, and she slapped Kai’s arm, interrupting his explanation of how to knock someone out the ‘right way’.

“Yah- look at them. They look more in love with each other than we are! What happened between them? Did Grace remember how she felt for him?” Mi Do whispered, trying to not interrupt the scene she watched before her.

Kai nodded unconsciously. “I guess she did. I mean, look at her. She obviously loves him.”

“And he obviously loves her.” Mi Do added, setting her hands onto her hips.

They watched as Tao silently set you down back into your wheelchair, pushing the hair that had escaped from your braid back behind your ear.

“Wait a second- what do you mean ‘They look more in love than we do’?” Kai stammered, giving Mi Do a questioning look.

“Aish- you know what I mean. When was the last time you picked me up princess style and twirled me around like that?” Mi Do scoffed, crossing her arms.

“I can fix that.” Kai said arrogantly, a hot smirk appearing on his perfect face.

Mi Do’s eyes shot open, and she threw her hands into the air in a silent protest.

“No! I didn’t mean that-“ She began, but was cut off when Kai suddenly picked her up princess style, and twirled in a circle, enveloping Mi Do into a deep kiss.

---

After you had all finished training, Mr. Kim assigned Mi Do and Kai to patrol, and they both sulked away, sending you and Tao longing looks as they left.

“Mr. Kim, what about us?” You added quickly, before he walked away.

“Well Grace, there really isn’t much you can do.” He said apologetically, rubbing the back of his neck.

“But why don’t you guys go and help the level one dorms move into level two and three? I’m sure they could use the extra help.” He suggested.

“You could probably fit at least two bags onto your lap, I’m sure.” He added, motioning to your wheelchair.

“Ok, we will get going then.” You responded, but you knew that Tao would never let you help. He would probably insist in carrying any bag you chose to help with.

You found that you were right once you arrived to level one of the dorms. It was even further into the basement, and once Tao saw the water on the ground from the water break, he started to freak out.

“No Grace, let’s just do something else. Look at this! There is at least an inch of water on the floor! I don’t want you to get hurt.” He wailed, frustrated that you would not listen.

“Tao! Calm down. Look at everyone. They need our help. All their things are getting wet.” You sympathized, rolling yourself over to a young man that was bent over, picking up his bags from the wet floor.

“Here, let me help you-“ You began, picking up one of his bags. He grabbed your wrist, taking the bags handle from your grasp.

“No, that’s fine, really.” He said in a familiar voice. He looked up at you, and dropped the bag on accident.

“You-“ You began, pointing to his soft blonde hair.

“You!” He echoed, seeing your wheelchair.

“You’re Lu Han!” You stuttered, suddenly wishing that you had listened to Tao’s complaining earlier and left while you had the chance.

“Oh, yes. Let me introduce myself properly. Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Lu Han, but you already know that.” He said confidently, referring to Mr. Kim’s introduction earlier that morning. He smiled happily, offering you his hand. You made a face, but took his hand reluctantly, shaking it.

“It’s *gulp* nice to meet you as well. My name is Grace Young. Um, oh yeah! This is my boyfriend  Tao. Tao!” You called him, hoping that he would have a solution to getting out of this situation.

Boyfriend? I should have known. Not that it matters, she will change her mind soon enough.

Lu Han thought, deciding then and there that he was, in fact, interested in you.

Tao lifted his head at your voice, and his eyes opened wide as he saw Lu Han staring at you. You of course, were unconscious of this.

Lu Han checked you out, taking in every part of your small frame and innocent face. He liked what he saw, but was still curious as to why you were in a wheelchair.

Tao hurriedly set down the bag he was carrying, earning a harsh look from the girl he was helping.

“Grace-“ He began through clenched teeth. “-what are you doing?”

“This is Lu Han. Lu Han, this is Tao.” You said, ignoring Tao’s nasty glare at Lu Han.

Lu Han happily offered his hand to Tao, only to be rejected.

Wanting to calm the atmosphere, you began to talk.

“So, Lu Han, do you have any bags you need help carrying? What dorm level are you moving to?” You asked.

“I’m actually moving to level two. Thank you for offering to help me. That would be great.” He responded, trying to ignore Tao’s mean glare.

“I’m sure that its bad luck that on the day you come here, a water pipe explodes.” Tao growled quietly, so that only you could hear. You slapped his arm, making a ‘sshhh’ face.

Ignoring Tao, you looked up at Lu Han, offering him a smile.

“That’s great. We are on level two as well.” And with that, you grabbed one of his bags, setting it on your lap.

When Tao refused to help, you picked up another.

“Yah- don’t Grace. I’ll help.” He said, defeated. He picked up the rest of Lu Han’s bags and made his way to the elevator sulkily.

“Let me guess. Kai told you all about me.” Lu Han suggested, looking at Tao as he slammed in the ‘up’ button on the elevator.

“Just Tao, Mi Do and I. And he didn’t tell us what you did. Only that you guys were in an argument…” You trailed off, not wanting to go into the details. You felt like you would be betraying Kai if you said anything else.

Lu Han nodded, understanding.

Once you reached the elevator, Tao spoke up.

“So, what brings you here? Why the sudden transfer to black ops?”

Lu Han let his gaze travel to the ground, and he began to speak.

“Well actually, my first reason is because Mr. Kim asked me to transfer. He thought that I might be of some use for the un-developed serial killer case.” He stated. A pang of anger passed through your chest, but left after only a moment. You were almost positive that Mr. Kim had asked Lu Han to transfer because the lead detective on the case, you, were currently in a wheelchair.

“And the second reason was that I was kind of hoping to re-build my friendship with Kai.” Lu Han added sheepishly, obviously feeling shy about the sensitive subject.

“Well, by the looks of it, he seems to still be pretty pissed at you for whatever reason.” Tao offered, unhelpfully. You sent him a scolding look.

But before you could say anything, the elevator stopped and you all got off. In silence, you all walked down the halls of level two, until Lu Han spoke up.

“We’re here.” He stopped in front of his new dorm door, and set his bags down.

“Thank you guys for helping me.”  

“It wasn’t a problem. It was nice to meet you.” You said, setting the bags that were on your lap down onto the ground.

“Wait a minute.” Tao said, and you thought for sure that he would insult Lu Han once more.

“This is our room.”