Good Friends

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

‘Sup, guise~ ( ‘ u ‘ )

Well, without further ado, here’s the 3rd chapter & I did one time skip. The 1st one is the next day after the dinner and that’s all for this chapter.

This chapter’s Junhee’s POV & I’m just better at being him than Yunjae… Hihi~ ( T w T )

 

================================

 

3. Good Friends

 

As I went out, I looked around to see if there was taxi cab around, and thank goodness there was. I waved my hand at the taxi driver’s direction, and not long did it stop by in front of us.

 

I faced Yunjae when he started to talk, smirking like he always did, “Well, can’t wait for next time.”

 

“Wait a minute, I treated you dinner a while ago, so you should treat me next time.” I responded with a light chuckle.

 

He slightly laughed along with me and jokingly punched my shoulder, “Yeah sure, just as long as we eat a restaurant ‘coz my cooking’s nothing compared to yours.”

 

I nodded and said as he was slowly walking to the taxi cab, “True. See you around.”

 

Yunjae slightly bowed his head after he got in the cab. I watched the cab fade from my sight and after a few short moments, he was gone. After sending my best friend off, I went back inside the apartment. I walked back to the dining table where Yuchun was already done with his dinner and was now eating the dessert Yunjae brought.

 

As I sat down across the table, I said calmly as I was looking at him, “Good, right?”

 

“It is.” Yuchun happily nodded and after swallowing, he started to speak again as he looked back at me, “So, that was the guy you told me about?”

 

I nodded after drinking the glass of water. I placed it back on the table and sighed, looking down at the glass, “Yep. He’s quote aloof around strangers sometimes, but he’s a good friend.”

 

“Yeah, he does seem nice… Junhee-ah, you told him how you felt, right?” Yuchun replied in a solemn manner, meeting my gaze as he rested his chin onto his hand. He added as I held a down casted expression, “You never told me how he rejected you and still be chummy friends after that.”

 

“Well, when I told him, he took it as a joke. We laughed it off and it was old news.”

 

“Bummer… Who could blame him. Some people in this country are just too narrow-minded. As for me, no matter what gender you are, if you’re in love, then go for it.”

 

I just remained silent, nodding at Yuchun’s statement. It is true that South Korea isn’t the most open country towards cases like mine, so I’ve always kept it to myself. Well, I did tell Siwon about it and I’m just glad that Yuchun’s cool about it when we got closer as colleagues and friends. I really didn’t know what Yunjae thought, but I do know that he’s not that narrow-minded. I’m just scared that if he really knew, he might avoid me from then on. I value our friendship more than anything…

 

Yuchun continued to speak, but his tone changed into a cheerful one, calling my attention by waving his hand, “Ya, Junhee, want to go drinking and karaoke-ing this weekend? We’re off at 6pm right? We could go after our shift and let’s just cheer ourselves up.”

 

I smiled hearing his suggestion, nodding as I replied, “Sounds good. It’s a good thing that Sunday’s our off and I wanna try that new Japanese restaurant before we go karaoke-ing and drinking.”

 

“Sure. I’ll treat you there and at the karaoke place.” Yuchun gave a thumb’s up at me as he grinned.

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course, but in exchange you have to make me bibimbap and ramyeon next time.”

 

I laughed a bit and answered, “It’s a deal. Let’s clear up the table.”

 

We’ve cleared up the table after a few moments and went to bed afterwards.

 

********************************************

 

It was already 12 noon and Siwon greeted me at the hospital’s cafeteria. I walked over to another good friend of mine with a smile.

 

She was waving her hand at me as she stood by an empty table, “Junhee-ah!”

 

“Great to see you here, Siwon.” I greeted her back and giving her a hug.

 

“I figured that I’d eat lunch with you since I was already around the area.” She said after hugging me back.

 

I asked her as we walked over to the counter, “That’s great. Oh and how did the script go? Did you pass it on time?”

 

“Of course I did and they loved it! It’s all thanks to my Tony oppa fanfiction… I got the inspiration from my old fanfic, you know.” Siwon proudly told me as we ordered food.

 

“That’s amazing. You always did have talent when it comes to being a fangirl and a writer.” I said to her with a small laugh and she just laughed like her usual self. I really missed the times when I used to go with her to H.O.T. concerts. Ah, nostalgia thinking about my 90’s and my friends.

 

We both got our food at the counter first and then went back and sat across the table.

 

Siwon started to speak as I started to eat my food, “Oh yeah, Yunjae mentioned that you’ve got a new roommate?”

 

Before I could answer, someone called out my name from nearby.

 

“Junhee, why didn’t you tell me that you have a girlfriend?”

 

Turning around, it was Yuchun walking over to our table with a tray of food as well.

 

Siwon answered him with a giggle as Yuchun sat down, “Actually, I’m best friends with him, but he’s nicer and sweeter than my boyfriend.”

 

“In that case, Junhee-ah, introduce us to each other so that we could hook up. I’m just as nice, sweet, but I’m definitely more handsome than you.” Yuchun said to me with a wink glancing back at Siwon.

 

I gave out a light laugh, facing Siwon as I spoke, “Siwon-ah, this guy here’s Park Yuchun. Yuchun here’s my roommate and he’s also a good friend of mine.” I turned to Yuchun who was sitting beside me and spoke again, “And Yuchun-ah, this girl here’s Siwon who is also Yunjae’s girlfriend.”

 

“Aigoo, really? Sorry if I flirted at you earlier.” Yuchun said with a slight nervous laugh, rubbing his nape as he looked away from Siwon.

 

Siwon shook her head and extended her hand for a handshake, smiling as she spoke, “Don’t mind it. Nice to meet you, Yuchun.”

 

I kept smiling as I watched them shake their hands. We ate our lunch altogether, and talked about a bunch of stuff. I loved seeing my old friends getting along with my new friends.

 

After lunch, Yuchun went ahead of us since he got an emergency call from one of the head nurses. I went outside of the hospital with Siwon and talked with her as she was waiting for Taewoong hyung to help her get to the studio since she mentioned that Yunjae was busy with a client at the moment.

 

“He’s a nice guy, that roommate of yours.” Siwon said as she softly smiled at me as we stood by the hospital’s entrance.

 

“He is.” I responded with a nod.

 

Siwon looked at me curiously, making me ask her with a wry smile on, “Is there something on my face?”

 

She shook her head and said, looking away from me, “Yunjae never really found out about your feelings for him, right?”

 

I sighed, half-smiling as I was looking away as well, “Yeah. I think it should stay that way.”

 

“To be honest, I was afraid that you wouldn’t want to hang out with me anymore after finding out that he wants me to be his girlfriend…”

 

I placed my hand onto her shoulder and said with a solemn smile on my face, looking back at her weary eyes, “I would never avoid you. I value friendship the most.”

 

Siwon’s eyes remained to look weary, speaking quite seriously as she faced me, “You know, I’m still not used to love matters and stuff… It’s true that I loved Taewoong oppa and I also love Yunjae, but I’m still bothered about Yunjae being my boyfriend… And I’m just -”

 

I held my best friend’s hand and gave it a squeeze, telling her based from what I feel, “Siwon-ah, don’t be bothered and let the time your spending with each other tell you how your really feel… Also, there’s no rush, so take your sweet time doing it.”

 

“What would I do without you? You always did give me good advices.” She gazed at me with a weak smile, responding as she rested her head onto my shoulder. Some people around us always had mistaken the both of us as a couple a few times now.

 

After our heart to heart talk, Taewoong hyung arrived and Siwon went inside the car. Taewoong hyung gave me a small wave and I waved back. He drove off after a while and I went inside the hospital after that.

 

================================

 

( > w < ; ) Teehee~

So, feel free to leave feedbacks on the comments and also subscribe to this story if you like Reply 1997 and also if you like Junhee/Yunjae ship… kekeke~

I’ll try to do a better POV for Yunjae next chapter~ OTL <3