Spilling And Sliding With Friends

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( T w T ) *sighs*

Yet again, I'm swimming in the pile of crap school gave me... Preventing myself from ranting any further so... Here's chapter 16, but I think it's a little rushed again & I typed this in from my phone so idk if it's formatted well or not. Maybe it looks a bit short too. :/

Yunjae's POV & continuing from where we left off...

Enjoy~ ♡

========================

 

16. Spilling And Sliding With Friends

 

I sighed heavily and then slowly glancing up at Junhee, who seemed a bit distressed as I met his eyes with mine, "We had this serious talk a few days ago, and we both realized that our relationship's not falling apart, it's just that we aren't really mean't to be more than our usual brother-sister relationship."

 

Yuchun spoke with this tone of disbelief, wide-eyed as he had a small chuckle in the end of his sentence, “Ya, aren’t you two just overthinking things? Aren’t you just in this stage where you two have a cool off or something but still end up with each other?”

 

“It’s different this time. We had this mutual understanding that we really aren’t mean’t to be in this kind of relationship.” I simply replied, shaking my head as I held this solemn smile at Yuchun and then at Junhee.

 

“Ah, this guy… Junhee, you better give him some good advice or something before he and Siwon do something stupid.” Yuchun groaned, rubbing the back of his head as he continued to eat, adding as he kept his attention on his food, “You two talk it out after I’m eating. Stuff like this one is stressing me out.”

 

Junhee uttered as he continued to eat as well, “I’ll try. You just rest upstairs after eating.”

 

As my two companions resumed eating, I followed their lead but my head is still in deep thought as I recall some events. Yes, I’m certainly sure that Siwon and I mutually agree on what we feel about our relationship. Somehow, I think Siwon’s trying to send a message and I am aware that Junhee’s been telling his secrets to her ever since. Eventually, I’ll understand these signals I’m getting.

 

~~~

 

“Well, I’m off to bed. Yunjae, think about it, all right?” Yuchun exhaled as he stood up from his seat, eyeing at me before waving goodbye.

 

“Arasseo. Sleep well.” I answered, waving back as I watched him walk away to the staircase.

 

Junhee stood up and said, “Living room?”

 

I nodded, standing up and then following him to the living room where we both sat on the couch side by side.

 

“Aissh, Yuchun’s sick but he’s pretty much full of energy when it comes to relationships.” I sighed out, grinning at my friend as I placed my hands behind my head.

 

“He’s just looking out for you guys. Yuchun’s the kind of guy where he really thinks relationships should be cherished and when things go wrong, you go and fix it if you really love the person you’re with.” Junhee responded in his usual serious manner, staring at the floor and then at me after a short moment. “So, are you two really sure about your decision?” He asked me when I met his careful eyes.

 

I nodded, holding out a calm expression. “We are. I was surprised at way Siwon speaks and acts when we met a few days ago. She’s grown and matured over the years.” I told him with a hint of awe in my manner of speaking.

 

Junhee spoke, half-smiling, “She’s quite the woman now. She finally figured her heart out all by herself.”

 

“But she still punches like a thug though.” I added with a chuckle.

 

“Siwon changed, but she’ll still be our Siwon.” He said with a grin, and then said patting my back lightly, “And you, I guess you changed as well, but I guess you haven’t in terms of doing chores.”

 

I rested my arm around his shoulders and spoke, patting his head in a teasing manner with my free hand, “Who says that I’m not doing chores?”

 

“Ya, I’ve been to your place a few times and you still have dust bunnies lying around, especially in the living room.”

 

“Your eyes are just playing tricks with ya, besides I’m busy most of the time that I haven’t got time to clean around the house. I miss drinking out with the guys too.”

 

Junhee grabbed my arm which was over him and gently slid it off of him, making me raise my eyebrow at him as I felt curious. He was looking outside the window behind him as he spoke to me casually, “Yunjae, are you really sure about this? I’ve known you and Siwon for a long time and I still can’t get over the fact that you two actually gone to your separate ways…”

 

“I already told you, we’re both all right with our decisions.” I sighed rubbing my nape and looking at Junhee.

 

He gazed back at me and then said, “You sure?”

 

I smiled and then grabbed his cheeks, answering him with a slight chuckle, “I am, so stop worrying or you’ll get worry lines, Junhee.”

 

“Yunjae-ah, this hurts.” He groaned at me as I puffened out his cheeks. I couldn’t help it since he looked really funny.

 

“Ah, sorry. Couldn’t help it.” I apologized, still smiling as I freed his cheeks now looking a bit rosy. “Do they still hurt?” I added, placing my hand carefully onto his cheek. Somehow, my friend’s face felt warm and looked like his face stiffened too. I noticed his eyes, they were a bit dazed. I pulled my hand away after hearing this small voice in me to go home soon since it’s getting late and Yuchun’s sick and he needs Junhee by his side.

 

“Not really, I’m all right.” Junhee answered after a few moments when I pulled my hand away. His face returned to its relaxed state and his eyes looked alert.

 

I stood up from the couch, stretching my arms upward as I said to him, “It’s getting late so I’ll be heading out… Take care of Yuchun, okay?”

 

“Ah, yes. I will.” Junhee responded, nodding as he stood up as well, adding as he looked at me, “Want me to wait with you outside for a cab?”

 

“No need, I can manage. I can see that you’ll wash some dishes, want me to help you instead?”

 

“I can manage, don’t worry. Don’t want you to get tired.”

 

My senses woke up for a bit and called out to him in a slightly loud manner as he was walking his way to the dining room to clean up, “Ya, Junhee-ah, I heard you.”

 

As I strode my way to him, the rug in the dining room was quite slippery, that when I stepped on it, it made me lose my balance. There was nowhere to grab onto, so I grabbed onto the nearest object in front of me. Without a second thought, I back hugged Junhee’s lower torso quite tightly as he was piling up dirty dishes, saving me from the fall. Seeing that it was already safe for me to let go, I slowly removed my arms around him and cleared my throat out of embarrassment.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry about that. You know how clumsy I get sometimes…” I softly said, not looking at him as I spoke with him with his back still facing me.

 

He responded with a nod and resumed cleaning the table, “It’s all right. You’re not hurt anywhere, are you?”

 

I uttered, “N’ah, I’m fine thanks to you or else I fell on my face flat.”

 

“That’s good.” He uttered back.

 

I really felt the atmosphere was a bit heavy and since I was tired, I said, “Well, I’ll be going now. Sorry I can’t help you.”

 

“I can manage and take care on your way home. Careful not to fall down.” Junhee told me, turning his head to face me for a bit, smiling before turning to his business again.

 

“Okay, I’ll show my way out now. See ya.” I said, walking my way to the front door. I exited the apartment and closed the door behind me. I inhaled and exhaled quite deeply as I stood by the door, looking out at the road. The atmosphere with Junhee felt different for the first time. It wasn’t weird or a heavy atmosphere, but something was different.

 

Stopping my train of thought was this taxi cab nearby, honking at me. I quickly made my way into the vehicle with my thoughts jumbled. But my mind still wandered in the events that happened a while ago. The simple interaction and the way Junhee reacted to when I placed my hand onto his cheek. I know he told me that it was a thing in the past, but I’m not that dense to not notice these things. I’m more knowledgeable in things like these than Siwon before, but I know that Junhee’s pretty good with others’ feelings himself.

 

I guess I’ll have to see him soon to find out.

 

===============================

 

^u^ All right~!

Finally updated and time to continue school stuff since I updated… TuT *sighs* Hope you like this, and yes, it’s a bit rushed again… orz