Final Reply To A Friend

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( u w u * )

Finally made this ater 4 nights without electricity (check my short blog about it TuT ) and it’s my semestrial break now, 3 weeks without school after final exams, YAY~

So, POVs here are changing from 3rd person & Yunjae’s as well as Junhee’s and I don’t want to spoil you guise any further so, enjoy reading and sorry if it took a while again, had to make this one longer~

 

=============================

 

22. Final Reply To A Friend

 

“Ah, jinjja… I really wonder when you got the time to make another one, Siwon.” Sungjae said after drinking his glass filled with beer.

 

“He’s right you know. You two just seem so busy that we’re just surprised that you’re already pregnant with your 2nd child.” Hakchan added with a nod.

 

Yoojung sighed with a cheeky smile on, resting her chin onto Hakchan’s shoulder, “Oh you two… There is always time for love, right, Siwon-ah?”

 

Siwon responded smiling with a hint of annoyance as she tied the hair of her daughter beside her into one ponytail, “Aissh, can we please change the subject, please? Don’t forget that my daughter’s right here, so shut it.”

 

Yoojung uttered, still smiling, “Aigoo, sooner or later you have to tell her on how she came about.”

 

“I’ll handle the talking, don’t worry. Mina’s always been daddy’s little angel.” Taewoong chuckled, placing his arm over Siwon’s shoulder.

 

“Good luck with that.”

 

~~Yunjae~~

 

I said, entering the venue and seeing the surprised smiles of the people inside as I carried my sleeping, four-year-old son. Junhee was beside me, smiling at all of them.

 

“Omo~ You guys made it!” Siwon excitedly spoke, standing up and letting her daughter sit on her father’s lap before making her way at us.

 

Junhee hugged Siwon tightly, speaking as they pulled away, “Ne, it’s a good thing I was able to take a week off at the last minute. The hopsital’s always busy.”

 

I added in a quite proud manner as Siwon lightly hugged me and gently petted my boy, “Well, having a doctor in our family, I’m mostly the one in charge of little Jaehee here.”

 

“Aigoo, we’re just in time, jagi!”

 

We all looked at the doorway as soon as we heard this familiar voice nearby and saw Siwon’s parents with grins as they went in. Il-hwa ahjumma and Dong-il ahjussi grew old, but nothing much changed. They were still the usual bunch from my 90’s.

 

With all of us standing up to greet them, they sat back down as soon as Dong-il told them, waving his hand, “No need to stand, we’re just here to take our Mina home away from this noisy place.”

 

“She needs to sleep now since it’s pretty late and she’ll watch Pororo first.” Il-hwa added, calling over my niece from my hyung’s lap.

 

“Yay, Pororo!” Mina cheered, running to her halmeoni’s arms and picks her up.

 

Watching Il-hwa approach Junhee, smiling as she pats his shoulder lightly, “Junhee-ah, your son’s so adorable. He’s lucky to have wonderful parents.”

 

“Kamsahabnida, we’re doing the best we can as parents.” Junhee responded with a light chuckle, looking as modest as usual.

 

“Yunjae, as his dad, explain things to him as he gradually grows up so that he’ll know what’s up, arasseo?” Dong-il advised me with a reassuring look on, grabbing my shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

 

I nodded, like a son taking advice from a dad, well, Siwon’s parents are the closest people I have that I could relate to my own, “I, I mean we will, don’t worry, ahjussi.”

 

Siwon raised her hand up, calling her parents’ attention and spoke once she has their eyes and ears on her, “Ya, don’t forget her cold medicine. They’re on top of the fridge.”

 

“Yeah, we won’t. It’s your fault she got sick in the first place. You forgot to bring her jacket last night aissh…” Dong-il complained, making his daughter whine a bit, but ignores as he speaks up again, smiling at all of us, “It’s late and we’ll be on our way… Ya, I said sit down!”

 

Il-hwa laughed a bit, seeing them quickly sit down as they heard Dong-il. “Anyways, hope you kids have a fun night and annyeong!” She said sweetly, following her husband out of the place with Mina waving goodbye to her parents.

 

Junhee and I sat down beside each other after that, with my hyung sitting right beside me. The reunion continued as we talked over stuff that happened, especially about Siwon and my hyung’s unexpected baby Mina and her upcoming new baby, Yoojung and Hakchan’s marriage plans, Sungjae’s single life, and our own news about our marriage and our little Jaehee. Of course, Jaehee just slept through our celebration in my arms like there was no one around him.

 

Yoojung smiled adoringly at Jaehee as she talked, “You know, this cutie actually has similarities with his dads… That cute little nose and that mole’s from Yunjae.”

 

“Omo you’re right… and that eye shape, lips… I can somehow tell that it looks like Junhee’s.” Sungjae added with a slight gasp as he drank some wine.

 

Hakchan gave a light laugh in amusement, “Daebak, are you sure he’s adopted? He could be your actual lovechild just so you know.”

 

The two of us couldn’t help but give off a chuckle from our friends’ thoughts. Looking at Junhee, his cheeks seemed a bit pink as he grinned. “We were surprised too when we first saw him, he was around 8 months and we fell for him right away.” He explained.

 

“You told me that his parents died from a car crash, right? This angel’s a blessing.” Said one of Siwon’s H.O.T. fangirl friends, Sun-ah with an adoring look at Jaehee.

 

Taewoong hyung spoke softly as he gently brushed his fingers on top of my sleeping kid’s head, resting in my arms, “It certainly is. We should set up a play date for Jaehee and Mina sometime.”

 

“Oh, that sounds nice. They should watch Pororo at our house, I’m sure Jaehee will enjoy.” Siwon enthusiastically suggested.

 

“Jaehee would definitely be up for it.” Junhee agreed with a smile.

 

~~Junhee’s POV~~

 

After our long hours of catching up with each others’ lives, it was already time to go home. It was already starting to pour down, so Yunjae and I went inside of our car since we didn’t want Jaehee to get sick. With our car door’s windows down, our gang remained outside, smiling as they waited for us to depart.

 

“Are you sure you guys don’t need a ride?” I asked the couple.

 

“Aigoo, no need. Besides, Hakchan has to take me out to coffee first.” Yoojung responded.

 

Taewoong hyung started to speak like his usual calm manner, “Hey now, drive safe and see you soon.”

 

“Ne, hyung, you too.” Yunjae simply nodded as he slowly handed me our sleeping child since he’ll be the one driving.

 

“Junhee, don’t forget the H.O.T. reunion concert this Friday, okay?” Siwon reminded me with an excited look upon her face.

 

I nodded with a slight giggle, “I won’t. Can’t wait.”

 

“Well, we’re off. See you guys around.” Yunjae bid as he already started to drive away in a slow pace.

 

“Bye!” Yoojung shouted as they all waved at us.

 

All ready on the road, we stopped at the red light for a minute. Yunjae started to talk to me about a good school for Jaehee after day care, but before I could say anything, my attention shifted as I saw this familiar red car beside us. With its windows down, I felt myself smile seeing him again with a friend of mine.

 

Yunjae turned his head around and saw Yuchun and Juyeon together in the car. They also saw us as soon as he saw them. “Annyeong.” Yuchun greeted with his usual friendly grin.

 

“Annyeong.” I said in return, smiling at them as it has been a while. From the looks of it, I could tell that they are already together by just seeing their matching necklaces.

 

The red light’s switched to a green one and we were the first ones to drive off, with our smiles for each other the last things we saw as did they. I’m just happy that he finally found someone who also needed this mutual feeling.

 

“It’s nice that Yuchun and Juyeon noona got together.” Yunjae uttered as he was driving.

 

“Yup. Somehow, I could tell that it was Juyeon noona by just looking at his texts. He never said it was her, but I somehow felt that it was her by just looking at his texts.” I said to Yunjae as I gently rubbed the back of Jaehee as started to whimper in his sleep.

 

We just continued to chat about the reunion on our way home and finally home, we head inside. The first thing we did was settle little Jaehee in his room, cleaning him up in the bathroom without disturbing his slumber and then putting him in his pyjamas first. We gave him a kiss on his forehead before leaving him in his room with the door open so that we could hear him just in case he needs us.

 

The two of us head in our room, with Yunjae quickly lying on the bed first with a heavy sigh, “Ah, finally…”

 

“Ya, you need to change first before you fall asleep.” I told him as I stood before him, handing him his sleepwear.

 

Yunjae smirked at me, teasing as he sat up and taking his blazer off, revealing his white, long-sleeved shirt with his tie still on, “Okay, but you help me out since I’m too lazy and you know how bad I am at neckties.”

 

I groaned a bit, sitting down beside him and pulling his tie with slight force, making him tilt his head closer as I tried to remove it, “Eh, you really are a stubborn guy.”

 

“Isn’t that a reason why you fell for me?” He smiles, brushing his hand onto my head.

 

Chuckling a bit, “Pfft Yun Yunjae, we’ve been together for a long time and you still haven’t changed one bit.”

 

“Hello, stubborn, remember?” He laughed and pinched my cheek while I threw the tie on the bed and continued ing his shirt.

 

“Let’s finish this quickly so that I sleep now, arasseo?” I sighed at him, shaking my head a bit.

 

After ing the last button, Yunjae slipped it off quickly and to my surprise, he grabs my back and my neck on his other hand, pulling me in for a deep kiss. Naturally, I kiss him back, placing my hands on his toned chest. Before it could get frisky, I suddenly pushed him away, making him look at me with wondering eyes.

 

“Not tonight. Remember, Jae’s door’s open and he usually makes a fuss around this time at night because he wets his bed.” I told him, winking.

 

“Jinjja, you’re taking advantage of the situation here. You’re trying to tease me, aren’t you, Junhee?” Yunjae flashed his smirk again, folding his arms over his chest.

 

I stood up and said grinning, “Maybe, anyways, I’ll check him in his room.”

 

Turning around and walking slowly out, my pace halts as I felt two strong arms around my torso. His lips lightly touch my ear as whispered to me, “I love you.”

 

My heart still felt like how it was when I first fell for him. In fact, I don’t my feelings for changed, really.

 

“I love you too.” I said to him, placing my hand over his and the other one brushing hairs on the side of his head.

 

~~POV~~

 

Yunjae playfully blows on his neck, which makes Junhee go insane since this was one of his few tickle spots. He tightened his arms around him as he tried to struggle. “Come back soon, okay?”

 

“It’s not like I’ll go somewhere far. I’ll be back in a minute.” Junhee replied as he finally broke away from his grasp, laughing as he did.

 

He smiles at him, watching him go out of the room. He sits back down on the bed and thinks to himself, “It’s true that you never know that the person you are looking for is right under your nose.”

 

Meanwhile, Junhee lovingly looks at his son, tucking him in his blanket and gently runs his fingers through his hair. “The red thread of fate… I finally found the end of mine.” He thought, exiting his son’s room.

 

Entering the bedroom again, the two greet each other with smiles, like how two people meet for the first time.

 

When you reply with a genuine smile to your person, it truly is a key to the door leading to many possibilities in life. Friendship, romance, joy, happiness… Whatever it is, love is always there.

 

====================================

 

( T w T )

DONE~

I apologize if this is cheesy or rushed as well as other things that I’m lacking in the story and as a writer, but I’m also grateful to the people who are reading this. I really am. I promise to work harder as a writer so that I could possibly make some people happy and inspired.

<3

Love you, guise and I’ll post the link of the oneshot (2 or 3shot) here as soon as I make it.