Will You Tell Your Friend?

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

:”> Ayy~~

Tried my best to squeeze in this update due to suspension of classes for 2 days and whatnot due to the bad weather here.

Junhee’s POV as usual and resumes to after Yunjae left and then a few days after.

Hoping that you guise will this one, enjoy~

 

============================

 

17. Will You Tell Your Friend?

 

I washed the dirty dishes silently as I was alone downstairs. Though it was quiet, my mind, still bothered by the recent breakup of my friends is causing me to think deeply about it. I know it’s no surprise since Siwon’s been telling me about what she’s going through, about her feelings and how will she know if she really loves him or not.

 

Finished, I head to the bathroom where I prepared myself for bed and after that, I walked into Yuchun’s room first since I want to check up on him and the door was slightly opened.

 

“Ya, didn’t you say that you’ll sleep minutes ago?” I scolded him, seeing a wide awake Yuchun, sitting on his bed as he was reading a medical book.

 

“I actually slept for a few minutes, but I am sleeping the whole day and my mind’s pretty much alert tonight, so I figured to read myself to sleep.” He explained with a slight grin, putting the book down on top his bed side table.

 

I sighed, walking up to him and standing by the edge of his bed, “If you say so. You need anything before I go to bed?”

 

He pursed his lips a bit and then gazed up at me, speaking in a curious manner, “Well, may I know what happened to your talk with Yunjae?”

 

Sitting down beside him with folded arms in front of my chest, I responded carefully as I met his eyes, “It seems that they really are serious about it but they’re not sad or anything. They just feel that this is the way it should be, so don’t worry, all right?”

 

“If that’s the case, I’m aware about Siwon-ssi’s relationship with Yunjae’s hyung, so does Yunjae have someone in else mind?” Yuchun said, raising his eyebrow a bit at me.

 

The truth is that I didn’t know at all if he has anyone else but Siwon in his head. “I don’t know to be honest.” I replied while raising my shoulders a bit, looking away from him.

 

He made me look at him again as he tapped my shoulder, speaking in an encouraging tone of voice, “Do you intend of telling him the way you really feel?”

 

“What? If you’re talking about my feelings for him before –“

 

“Junhee, please. I’ve been in relationships before and I can tell that you still like him even without saying it out loud.”

 

After interrupting my sentence with his words, the atmosphere inside his room felt a bit uneasy yet it wasn’t awkward or heavy at all. It made me avert my eyes again and then stand up slowly. “I’ll be going back now.” I uttered softly, turning away from him as I was about to walk away.

 

Yuchun grabbed my wrist, stopping me from my pace and forcing me to face him again as he was now standing in front of me. “Junhee, I’ve accepted the reality that you’ll never see me more than your colleague, your roommate, your friend… But I want you to be happy, so please just admit to yourself that you are still in love with him.”

 

It pierced my heart, his truthful words. He accepted the fact that I rejected him because I liked someone else. Yuchun, like I, was also good at reading and understanding peoples’ hearts and feelings, but unlike him, I couldn’t really understand my own.

 

From my silence, he added as his hand slid down to mine and held it tightly as his eyes looked soft as they gazed into mine, “You have to tell him sooner or later, you have no choice because I know that someone like him would know your feelings eventually. Tell him while you still can.”

 

“It’s not that easy… What would he say about me, his friend who has this crush over him since high school?” I told him with slightly pouting lips as I tried my best to prevent myself from crying.

 

“It’s not that hard either. It would become hard once you have the feeling of regret, realizing that it is better if he knew.” He quickly responded, giving my hand a light squeeze as he gave a warm smile, adding, “I’m sure that he’s not that kind that would yell or something. I can tell and he’s your best friend, he wouldn’t do anything to upset you.”

 

“I hope so… I’ll tell him once I get the right timing, the right chance.”

 

“That’s the spirit!”

 

Yuchun’s encouraging words and smiles made the heavy feeling lighten. I grinned at him and then pulled him in for a friendly embrace, wrapping my arms around him, telling him as I smiled to myself, “Thanks.”

 

“Don’t thank me just yet. You have to do your part…” He responded, patting my head as his other hand was placed onto my lower back. “And be happy, okay? It’s a good thing I didn’t fall hard for you.” He added with a light chuckle, breaking the embrace as he placed his hands behind his head.

 

“Ah, I understand. Yuchun, I’m sure you’ll be all right, you have charisma.” I said with a slight nod and then a light giggle as I looked at him.

 

He smirked at my comment, messing up my hair slightly and then lightly patting the top of my head, speaking with sincerity, “I’ll be all right, but if you need anything or anyone to talk to, I’m always here.”

 

My eyes moistened, but I didn’t cry. This heavy feeling in me lightened after our small talk. I held a small smile as I answered him with a slight nod, “Arasseo, I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

He brushed his hand off my head, sitting onto his bed again, “Well, see you tomorrow.”

 

“Yeah, sorry if I kept you – “

 

“Aissh, it’s no problem. Jaljayo~”

 

“Jalja.”

 

We smiled at each other before exited his room and entering my room, I felt that I have this courage in me to tell Yunjae the truth, not minding the consequences.

 

~~~

 

“Junhee-ah~!” Siwon shouted with smiling eyes, running towards me from outside the apartment as I was supposed to be leaving the house with Yuchun for work.

 

I responded in a surprised manner as she tackle hugged me, but I was able to keep my balance as Siwon hit me with her petite body, “Ah, Siwon… What are you doing here this early?”

 

She pulled away with her hands still on both my shoulders, giving Yuchun a quick smile before she resumed talking to me, “I came here early to tell you that the gang will all be here tomorrow night at Yunjae’s place… Isn’t that amazing news?”

 

“It is actually, this is really good news. I’m free tomorrow.”

 

“Yuchun can come to.”

 

He shook his head a bit, still smiling as he told us, “Thanks, guys but I can’t since I have a scheduled operation tomorrow night and besides, your gang should I catch up on things.”

 

“Eh, if you say so.” Siwon sighed with a pouty face, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

 

“Oh, didn’t notice hyung was the one who drove you here, right?” I said to her.

 

“Yup, he’s parked right there.”

 

I looked over to where Siwon pointed and saw Taewoong hyung standing by his car across our apartment, smiling and waving his hand at us. I waved back as I spoke to Siwon, “Hyung’s nice guy, so don’t bully him, okay?”

 

She chuckled a bit, placing her arm over my shoulders, “Not a chance. He’s even more passive than Yunjae ever was. Anyways, sorry for taking your time, I’ll be leaving now.”

 

“It’s no trouble at all. See you tomorrow.” I told her as she was walking off to where Taewoong hyung was, waving back at her as she waved her hand a bit.

 

“To be honest, Siwon and Yunjae’s hyung together really looks cute.” Yuchun said to my ear as we watched their car drive away from our neighborhood.

 

“They do. Well, let’s go to work.” I grinned at him as I went to where his red car was parked.

 

Yuchun said in a cheerful manner, following me and clicking the button of his car keys, unlocking the car, “Hey, don’t let Juyeon noona scold me about being stressed and stuff, all right?”

 

=======================

 

*^^*

I’ll try to update soon and I think that this fic will have 3-5 more chapters before it’s done. I’ll do the 2 or 3-shot separately.

Please do leave comments and continue to support this fic~ <3 I’m glad that I was able to make people happy in a way, so thank you. I’ll try my best to write more and love you guise~! ;D