Ch33: Fight For Me

Between Me and You

Mingyu knocked harshly on the door. It swung open in front of him and he panicked, “Are you hurt? What happened? Why did I need to be here so quickly?” Kijoon let Mingyu examine every inch of her body before cutting him off.

“Nothing’s wrong, I just really need to talk to you.” Mingyu let out a small huff of frustration and followed Kijoon into her room. He sat patiently waiting for her to start. “Promise to keep an open mind?” She said pointing a finger in his face. Mingyu nodded without a care rolling his eyes as Kijoon turned her back towards him. “Good because I have to tell you something, but I don’t know if it’s good or not... no, it’s not good.”

Kijoon bounced her fingertips off of one another thinking of how about to go the situation. She sat on the bed beside Mingyu facing him. She pushed his hair across his face and made a facial expression Mingyu couldn’t read. “Do you know how much I dislike you right now?” Mingyu got really confused. He didn’t have to say words for Kijoon to understand that. “You love me right?” She asked up front.

Mingyu’s face was flushed from the sudden confrontation. He’d told Kijoon willingly before that he loved her, but being confronted in such a way wasn’t very promising. He nodded slowly wondering where Kijoon was taking the conversation. “You just made everything more difficult.” Kijoon groaned.

“What the hell am I doing to you?” Mingyu finally snapped, “You told me to come here, with me thinking it was something important, but you just are going on to tell me how much you dislike me after getting me to confirm that I love you? Why did you call me here if you’re just going to do this?” Mingyu got off the bed walking around to Kijoon’s door.

“Kiss me.” She said before he could leave. Mingyu turned around,

“What?”

She repeated, “Kiss me.” Mingyu took a single step closer before stopping, “Mingyu, I want you to kiss me.” He shook his head,

“Wonwoo-“

“I’ll tell him the truth,”

“No, I can’t do that. He’s my friend.” Mingyu swivelled away so he wouldn’t be tempted by Kijoon. He wanted to kiss her so badly, he wanted to remember how her lips tasted.

“I love you.” Kijoon blurted out in some attempt to beg Mingyu to stay.

“Wonwoo.” Mingyu reminded Kijoon. “You’re dating him remember? You love him, remember?” He hissed the words with a strong sense of jealousy in them.

“That’s what I needed to tell you.” Kijoon confessed pulling Mingyu back into the confinements of her room. “But you have to listen to me.” She said closing the door. Mingyu felt uneasy listening to Kijoon, but he let her continue. “I love both of you.” Mingyu scoffed ignorantly. “I do.”

Mingyu leaned on his knees giving Kijoon a stare she never wanted to see. “Stop playing this back and forth game. I’m tired of crying and being hurt because I believe you have feelings for me. I don’t want to hate Wonwoo for having you. I just want to go back to being friends. It’s better that way.” Kijoon kept him seated holding his shoulders.

“Look, you’re not the only one who’s been hurt.” She barked, “Did you try to keep me around?”

Kijoon proved a point and Mingyu couldn’t defend himself. He never really tried to get her back after they broke up; he chose to wallow in self pity instead. He didn’t ask why in the midst of the moment, and he didn’t show any sign of weakness around Kijoon. “I want you to kiss me.” She repeated for the third time in ten minutes. “Just once, so I am sure this time. I don’t mean it to hurt you and I’ll clear it up with Wonwoo.”

Mingyu swallowed hard allowing himself to be pushed back on the bed by Kijoon’s hand. Kijoon climbed on top of him sitting in his lap. She was staring at every feature on his face. She couldn’t remember how long ago it was since she was this close to him. Her eyes traced down his nose to his lips. Kijoon didn’t want to breathe. She could feel Mingyu’s heart slow down and his own breathe hitch when Kijoon moved closer.

Soft velvety skin touched Mingyu’s lips and he didn’t feel himself wrapping an arm behind Kijoon’s head and the other behind her back. Their noses brushed when Kijoon turned her head placing her arms behind Mingyu’s head.

It wasn’t supposed to be this way. Kijoon was kissing Mingyu but he wasn’t back. He simply sat there with his eyes shut. Kijoon pulled back head rolling against Mingyu’s, “I thought you loved me.” She whispered.

“I do.”Mingyu’s whole body shuddered feeling Kijoon’s breathe rush on his skin.

“Then kiss me like you do.” She said quickly pressing her lips back on his.

Mingyu didn’t want to kiss Kijoon for the sake of Wonwoo. He didn’t want to have her in his arms like she was right now. It felt so wrong but he didn’t want to let her go at all. He erased everything from his mind and only focused on Kijoon. Right now there was no Wonwoo. There was no relationship he had to worry about. Kijoon loved him and he had to show her how much he loved her.

This kiss wasn’t supposed to mean anything. It was only for Kijoon to sort out what was going on in her head, but it was more. Mingyu changed positions holding Kijoon down on the bed underneath him. He kissed her pushing her into the bed. He missed this feeling. Everything about this moment. He could feel the tears starting down his cheeks as he held Kijoon’s lips with his. His thumbs brushed on her cheeks taking away the tears that had fallen onto her face. He kissed her until he couldn’t take the guilt anymore. He backed away sitting against the wall opposite from the bed and holding his head in his hands feeling ashamed of cheating his best friend.

Kijoon lay face up to the roof with her eyes closed. “I want you to fight for me.”