Prologue

Between Me and You

She had forgotten how long they had been friends. All she knows is that they have always been there. Helping her. Giving her happiness.

Their three way relationship wasn't hard to explain. All of them had known each other for years, so comfortable that people assumed some type of serious romantic relationship had sprung amongst one of the pairs.

Wonwoo, was the first. He broke her out of that shell that protected her from the world, his bright outgoing personality that had a peeking curiosity. He was as beautiful as a daisy in the spring and the first snowfall of the winter.

Then there was Mingyu. A real gentleman he was. Respectful and caring to every extent topped off with looks normal people would have to pay for. He had ever feature girls would want in a man, including a simple sense of humour.

Kijoon wasn’t much. She didn’t consider herself much that is. When she looked at herself in the mirror her personality showed and traits of Wonwoo and Mingyu that had grown over time, but she had never thought she was special.

She wasn't the same as them. Wonwoo and Mingyu had the same background story, interests, dislikes. The only thing she shared with them was her quirkiness which drew away people's attention when she wanted to make friends.

---

"Mingyu! Ya, Kim Mingyu!" Kijoon stomped her feet in a childish protest. "Where are you taking me?" she yelled being dragged by her boney wrists unwillingly.

Mingyu looked over and flashed a smile he knew would make Kijoon fuss less. "Mingyu." she eased into a whine stopping her feet and letting Mingyu stagger back steps from the new weight. "I'm tired. Where are we going? I don't want to walk."

Her body teetered back and forth and her untucked shirt did a small pan just above her hips. Mingyu stopped his rolling eyes getting down on his knees back facing towards her. "Get on," his deep but gentle voice called out to her. "It’s going to be a longer walk if you keep complaining."

Kijoon fixed her legs around Mingyu's waist and he secured her with his arms. He started back on his pace. "Gyu, where are we going?" Kijoon's voice was light and feathery like she was about to doze off on Mingyu's back.

"Wonwoo's house."

"Why?"

"Because we have something to show you."

Kijoon nodded into Mingyu's back with her eyes closed.

This is how their relationship was. Simple. Caring. Loving. Mingyu always took care of Kijoon no matter what.

---

Wonwoo is different. To completely counteract his soft flower-like looks is his loud personality.

"Kijoonie~ can you get me a drink?" Wonwoo folds his fingers over his clasped hands and shakes them back and forth with a small pout on his face. "Please," he bats his long eyelashes at Kijoon standing before him.

She smiles lightly and bends down to his eyelevel tilting her head slightly to the right so her bangs will fall out of her face. "God gave you legs," she said sweetly before snapping her head straight up. "Use 'em."

Anyone else would've been shocked by Kijoon's rough bark, but not Wonwoo. He growled in response getting to his feet and following Kijoon's strut into the kitchen.

"Joonie can you pass me that jug," Wonwoo asked now sitting at the kitchen island with an empty glass cup in his hands.

"You're so lazy," Kijoon complained sliding the jug across the counter. "You're like some snobby princess." she murmured to herself unaware Wonwoo heard.

He crept behind her quietly while he scavenged the fridge for food. "I heard that." he said quickly before jabbing his fingers into her waist. Kijoon let out a whole hearted scream uncertain if it was from pain or the tickling sensation that ran through her body. Next thing she knew she was laying on her back arms gripping onto her sides.

“I swear I’m gonna-“ She started sitting up to feel cold water seeping through her clothes and running down her back. “Wonwoo!” She yelled eyes forced shut and threw her arms around in a childish fit. When she came to open her eyes she saw Wonwoo with his hand extended waiting to help her back onto her feet.

Kijoon bunched her lips together still annoyed, but accepted the other’s help. “Thanks” she said in a quiet undertone. She could feel the water trailing around her torso to her stomach. She held out her arms hoping to make space between the fabric of her shirt and her body so that it wouldn’t be damp. Her plan failed.

Shoulders dropping from the unsatisfying feeling Kijoon looked up at Wonwoo through her hair. All Wonwoo could see was the white of her eyes which let a sickening consciousness swirl in his stomach. He pulled his left foot back to run away before Kijoon could seek revenge when her arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

For a moment Wonwoo enjoyed the hug, but then he felt the cold droplets bleed into the stitches of his shirt. “Kijoon,” He whined taking steps backwards but only dragged Kijoon with him until they toppled over laughing.

In other words Wonwoo was a diva in the very least. He wanted things done for him to perfection, but his only exception was always Kijoon.