o4. Sister-in-law?

Our Innocent Love Story ♥

It is the autumn of 2004, Taeyeon is fifteen and Leeteuk is sixteen.

“Omo, In Young unnie!”
Three knocks on the door and I opened it, greeting me was the forever-smiling In Young unnie, Leeteuk’s sister. I quickly invited her in, since it was pretty cold. She took a seat by the living room sofa and I ran to the kitchen to get some coffee making.

Teukie~ your sister’s here! :O

I texted Leeteuk, hoping he’d reply. Throwing my phone into my pocket, I grabbed the coffee maker and started making coffee. It took me a while to learn the art of making coffee (yes, I took a course on it, now I know how to make proper coffee), but at least I knew what to do during these moments. Halfway through grabbing the cups, my phone buzzed – I almost dropped the porcelain cups. Groaning, I opened the text.

Omo! Bear with it! TT I can’t possibly come in now right? Sorry dear, it’ll be too fishy! Maybe I’ll drop her a text saying I’d like to treat her to dinner or something, so she’ll leave early. Would that help?

I quickly replied, telling him that it was okay, he didn’t need to make an excuse, but he had to give me some tips quickly on how to converse with her. I had met In Young unnie a couple of times, but I never really got to talk with her for long. I carried the tray of two cups of freshly brewed coffee out, along with stirrers and milk, sugar.

“Oh, you shouldn’t have!” In Young blushed crimson red.

“It’s my pleasure to serve you unnie! Now… what brings you here today?”

In Young poured two packets of sugar and started to drink the cup of coffee, smiling after the taste kicked in. I made it strong – just the way Leeteuk told me to. She gave me a reassuring smile, and I smiled back.

“Ah, well. This is… our first formal meeting isn’t it? After so long…  Oh, and I’m still sorry for excusing myself so impolitely the first time we met. Anyway, moving on. You are wondering why I dropped by aren’t you? Well. I’ve noticed a change in Jungsu – ah, I mean, Leeteuk’s behavior since he started dating you. Not long, has it been?” She asked.

“Aniyo. Why? Is it bad? Has he been acting weird? Strange? Rude? Disrespectful?” I started questioning, and apparently it was funny because she started laughing.

“No, no. Of course not! With such a lovely little girl like you why would he be? I would like to commend him, rather, on his choice. At fourteen, I told him to be careful of whom he chose, and I’m glad he stuck with you! Recently, he’s been so polite towards Appa and Umma, they’re so proud. They already know of you, and of course, they’d like me to assess you. I’m going to be frank with you here; they don’t trust other people much. And… oh yes, where was I? Ah. Leeteuk’s been especially open too, much happier, much… more… Well, you know what I mean!” She laughed.

“Yes, yes. And, oh you flatter me, unnie! Really, I didn’t make him become that way, I’m sure he was already really great. I mean, of course he was.”

We talked a little longer, and I made myself more polite than usual.

“Well, anyway, if anything bad happens, or he does anything to you, don’t be afraid to tell me, arasso?” She picked up her bag and got ready to leave. Our coffee cups were empty, and it was quite late – we talked for quite a while. “Arasso. Thank you for coming unnie!”

“No, thank you!” She winked, and walked away.

Is she gone yet? My phone buzzed, and it was Leeteuk. Wow, he was on the dot! Yeah, she is. You can come over now, if you want to! ^^

“Oh God finally.” A voice – I knew even if my eyes were blinded, if I were partially deaf; if I couldn’t smell or touch or taste – spoke. Leeteuk was here? “How did you –” Leeteuk sealed my lips with a short peck and took my hand, leading me into my bedroom.

He decided to look through the type of music albums I had. I kept quiet, content with what he just did. I was surprised he didn't ask about In Young unnie though. But I guess he would ask later when he got home. I had SHINee, SISTAR, Infinite, and many other albums. There were tons of posters on my wall, hanging up proudly. I had collected them over the years.

As if he hadn’t seen them before, he opened my walk-in closet that appa bought for me on my thirteenth birthday. Touching every fabric held in there, he decided to pick out one outfit. It was any random outfit, I hadn’t worn it in a while though, with the many clothes that I have and the new ones that keep coming.

The set was made up of a white cotton inner, rag and bone Magee sweater, polka dot skirt (white and navy blue), beige clutch or sling bag depending on how you wore it, Ray Ban straight brow sunglasses, complete with a Gucci cognac leather suede studded platform sandals. It was a fabulous yet Gossip Girl style outfit that I adored. When I just got it, I wore it pretty often, but with different combinations, but that was the default set.

“Wear this now. We’re going… for late lunch… or early dinner. Whatever you call it.” He announced, holding the set out to me.

“You can’t just barge in to my house and take my outfit and demand that we’re going for late lunch slash early dinner! What kind of a boyfriend does that? It’s basic dating etiquette!” I yelled, throwing a y tantrum but this called for it.

“But I know you too well. You don’t need me to ask you for a date. I know exactly when and why are you free and what you’re doing!” Leeteuk argued. “Still!” I yelled back, still angry.

“Okay… sorry Taeng…” He wrapped his arms around my waist and I tried (but failed) to pry his arms away. “Here.” He kissed my forehead. “Better?”

“You know, kissing isn’t everything.” I mumbled. “Yeah, but it’s good enough for you isn’t it? Now, come on dear get going. Chop, chop! We don’t have all day!” He smiled and released me. I stomped into the mini dressing room – yes I had one in the closet, why would you think it was so big for  – changed into the outfit quickly, stuffing some necessities into my bag.

“Done? No make-up?” Leeteuk asked. “No, why would I?”

“Gnaw…. Natural beauty, that’s why I love you, dear Taeng.”

“Gosh, stop with the cheesiness already, it’s killing me. Now come on, let’s go. Begopayoooooo.

“You’re so whiny!” Leeteuk groaned and picked me up, carrying me downstairs, “Aja!”