o7. Wedding Day

Our Innocent Love Story ♥

“Pre-wedding jitters?” Jessica asked as she adjusted her zipper that her hair had gotten caught on previously.

“Yes…” Taeyeon replied, biting her lip.

“Oh geez Taeyeon, calm down! You need to calm down! It’s just a wedding.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes, combing her hair in the mirror.

Just a wedding? Wait till you get married!”

Both of them just laughed at Taeyeon’s exasperated speech. They were her bridesmaids for the evening, and the rest of them (Yoona, Seohyun, Tiffany, Sunny, Yuri and Hyoyeon) were attending as special guests, deciding that they’d rather watch and listen than have to calm Taeyeon down before her wedding. Besides, some of them couldn’t make it too early since they had other things going on.

“Hey, hey, hey~” Hyoyeon and Yuri poked their heads through the door and smiled.

“Oh you look gorgeous, Taeyeon!” “Love the tiara, great job!” They exclaimed simultaneously, smiling wider.

“Thanks. I try to look good on my wedding day.” She stressed again.

“Here we go again.” Jessica and Sooyoung sighed.

“You guys are no help at all!” Taeyeon took a pillow and whacked them with it lightly.

The bride looked at herself in the mirror. She was in a Reem Acra twist front gown with jeweled sleeves. It had a beaded shoulders top off an elegant ivory silk gown. A pleated bodice twisted and flowed into an easy skirt with a subtle train, highlighting her petite yet full figure. To top it all off, the tiara placed in her long brown hair shone in the light, looking like a halo.

“You’re… beautiful!” Yuri teared as she placed her hands on the bride’s shoulders.

“Oh Yuri… Don’t cry! You’ll ruin your make-up!”

“My best friend is finally getting married! How can I not cry?” Yuri bit her lip and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek. “You make sure you’re taken care of alright? Any time I find him hurting you, Hyo and I will give him a good beating!”

“Yeah!” Hyoyeon piped up from the back, fixing Jessica’s hair.

“Of course I will…” Taeyeon smiled gratefully at all her best friends.

She was glad that she had such a strong crew of friends that stayed by her side no matter what happened, through thick and thin, and promised that she would look out for them no matter what, and attend all of their marriages, see through all of them having children and all.

“You girls are the best.” She looked at all of them once more. Before she could say anything else, the door opened.

“I’m looking for the bride?” Eunhyuk asked, grinning.

“HEY! THIS IS OUR CHANGING ROOM! YOU COULD’VE JUST KNOCKED!” Yuri yelled, throwing a pillow at Eunhyuk.

He dodged, laughing as he made his way over to them. “Hello girls. Hyung just wanted me to come over and say that he ‘can’t wait to see you in your dress.’ Oh, and by the way, you look great in it! I love the tiara.”

“That’s what everyone says. Thanks for making the trip anyway.” She smiled and nodded. “Oh, Hyo’s over there.”

“Hyo~” He smiled, walking over and back hugging her.

“Ew, PDA much? Go somewhere else.” Jessica rolled her eyes, walking away from the couple.

“Yeah Jessica, like you don’t do it with Donghae. And the rest of you… Be jealous, be very jealous.” She grinned.

“For the record, I don’t do PDA.” Yuri scoffed.

Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk laughed, knowing that Yuri only said that to maintain her huge ego. In reality, they all knew, Yuri was the one that did PDA the most (with Yesung, of course, no one else).

“Hey, I think it’s about time already… Where’s your dad?”

“I’m here!” Mr. Kim entered the room, and everyone quickly observed silence and bowed, greeting him. “No need to be so formal. I know you all so well already! Didn't I tell you to call me ‘dad’ if you wanted to?”

“Neh…” They all nodded and said awkwardly.

“Ah, my Taeyeon, what a beautiful princess you are today. Come my dear, we shall proceed with the wedding. The bridesmaids?”

Sooyoung, who had been quiet the whole time for no particular reason, and Jessica, who had been with her (as usual, spacing out), stood up and smiled at each other, then at Mr. Kim.

“Where are the bridegrooms?” Almost as if on cue, Ryeowook and Donghae stepped in, smiling and taking their places beside the bridesmaids.

“Sorry we took so long. We had to kill hyung’s pre-wedding jitters.” Donghae whispered, explaining the situation briefly.

The girls nodded. As the music began, the pairs walked down the aisle. For the first time, the best man was revealed to them. Leeteuk wouldn’t say who it would be. He’d chosen Heechul. Jessica smiled softly at Heechul, and he smiled back. The two shared a history that no one knew—they were exes back in high school. Everything had gone well until she had to move back to America. They broke up, but they still kept in contact and were best friends till today.

Behind, Ryeowook said softly, barely moving his lips, “Sooyoung-ah, you look like a goddess today.”

“I heard that, Wookie.” Jessica whispered. Donghae just smirked.

“Oh shut up, you two.” Sooyoung had an urge to kick them, but since it was Taeyeon’s wedding day, she decided to be nice.

As they proceeded down, the maid of honour appeared behind them, and to their faint surprise, it was Sohee, their old friend. None of them knew Sohee was Heechul’s girlfriend. Apparently, since Taeyeon and Leeteuk chose the people they wanted to be their maid of honour and best man, Taeyeon must have known Sohee.

“Sohee?” Jessica widened her eyes as the pairs settled on the far ends.

“I know right?” Donghae replied, raising an eyebrow, but smiling still.

They both kept quiet as Taeyeon and her father walked in. Leeteuk smiled widely, obviously pleased at they way they’d done her up. She smiled back, her heart thumping faster.

She spotted the people in the audience that were clearly really happy for them. Of course, they had come with their partners. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, Yuri and Yesung, Yoona and Minho, Tiffany and Siwon, Seohyun and Kyuhyun, and Sunny and Sungmin.

“I love you all…” She mouthed to them, tearing up slightly.

“Take care of her.” Mr. Kim handed Taeyeon over, and took his seat next to his wife, who had already been crying.

“I will, Father.” Leeteuk smiled, and suppressed his urge to hug Taeyeon, linking his arms with her as they stood at the altar.

They both said their ‘I do’s, and the priest smiled at the now-married couple.

“And with that, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

“You look like an angel.” He whispered, before leaning forth and kissing her gently on the lips, saving the rest of it for later.

A kiss was sealed, a promise was made, and two people, just like that, were bound together for life, through good and bad, thick and thin, rich and poor, sickness and health, forever and always.

They couldn’t have wished for a more perfect wedding.