o9. Fast Forward: First Anniversary

Our Innocent Love Story ♥

It is the spring of 2014, Taeyeon is twenty-five and Leeteuk is twenty-six.

“Yes, Jessica, he hasn’t done anything yet for today.” Taeyeon said. “Not even a text, or call or anything.”

“I’ll give him a good beating, that man.” Jessica replied, picking up her bag from the chair, and whipping out her phone to send a quick text. “You, Kim Taeyeon, deserve better. And if I’m not wrong Eunhyuk told Donghae who told me that he took the day off today.”

Taeyeon sighed, waving goodbye to her friend and leaving the studio. They had been invited to model for a brand—it was recently that they had been given the job, recommendations by Sooyoung who was a professional model.

She checked her phone once more, and there was no new notification. Disappointed, she headed home, wondering why he had disappeared. And she even had high hopes that morning that he would say something. Leeteuk disappeared since morning; she woke up to no one beside her on the bed.

Had he really forgotten today’s date? Taeyeon frowned and walked to her car, and began driving, switching on the radio to Eunhyuk and Leeteuk’s broadcast station.

Wow. Today has been such a quiet day, don’t you think, listeners? With Leeteuk not around… Aigoo. I wonder where he went to today. And to think I’ve been reminding him that today’s his wedding anniversary! Shout-out to his wife, Kim—Park Taeyeon! The next song is… Nagging, by IU and Seulong.

Taeyeon drove and listened, but was unable to concentrate and enjoy the music—all day she’d been thinking about Leeteuk, and the fact that she hadn’t hinted at their first anniversary to him worried her that he actually either thought it was no big deal, or it had… slipped his mind.

“Aish.” She gripped the steering wheel and turned in to the driveway. The house was dimly lit, and she was surprised. “Huh?”

Quickly, she backed into the garage and parked, locking the car before walking out and into the house. As she stood at the door, she noticed a white post-it that said, Jagiya, welcome home. Come on in. Grinning, Taeyeon peeled the post-it off and opened the door.

A huge arrow was drawn on the next post-it, which was bigger and stuck to the living room table, pointing to the stairs. There were candles, her favourite scent—lavender—lighting up the stairway, and there were more post-its. The second one said once in a while, in the middle of our seemingly ordinary lives, love gives us a fairytale, and love has blessed me with you.

Taeyeon took a few more steps and there was another one on the railing that said you are the most special person in my life, and I love you with all my heart. There was a picture of her and Taeyeon back during their high school days. She smiled, and peeled the post-it off and took the picture.

As she reached the first sub-level, the ceiling had been decorated with glow-in-the-dark stars, and there was no candle, but she spotted one (with her sharp eyes) on the side wall, and it said each star in the sky symbolizes why I love you. She chuckled, and admired the stars for a little longer before taking the post-it too.

Five more steps and there was a small clock on the railing (stuck with masking tape) and she recognized it as the clock that she used when she was a child. She gave it to him because he insisted he wanted to keep it for future use. A post-it was stuck on the clock; it read amazing how your life can change in a minute… you changed mine the second I saw you.

There were a few more without any representation, and they said, real love is someone who walks into your life when the world walks out, the more I know you, the more I love you, and I love you today, yesterday, and every tomorrow.

There was one more before she headed into the hallway was represented by the picture of her dressing up as cupid for Dress-Up Day in middle school. He must have taken it from their photo album. Cupid’s aim is pretty good—you got me right in the heart. Taeyeon cringed, that was the cheesiest one yet.

She approached the door of their guest room, and there was one on it that said multiply how much you love me by infinity, take it to the depths of forever, and you’ll still only have a glimpse of how much I love you. Putting her bag down outside, Taeyeon stepped in.

There was a screen and a projector, and a video began playing.

K—Park Taeyeon, you beautiful goddess. Let me guess, today you thought I forgot our anniversary because I didn’t say anything and pretty much disappeared for the whole of today? Well, I didn’t. I never would. I even marked it on my private calendar. I would never forget anything related to you of even meager importance. Listen… I might not be the best husband. I get mad at you sometimes, and things aren’t smooth sailing all the time, but I know one thing… I’ve learnt from all this that you come to love by not finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. We both know neither of us are perfect in anyway, but we complete each other. At least, you do. Every second spent with you is a second I wouldn’t want to trade for anything, anything in the world. Can I ask you of one favour, Taeyeon-ah? I just ask for one favour. I don’t want anything else for this anniversary. Please make me immortal with a kiss?

Leeteuk appeared from behind the screen slowly just as the video ended, holding his arms out. By that time Taeyeon already had tears in her eyes, but she still smiled widely and ran into his arms, giving him a kiss. He kissed back passionately, lifting her off the ground.

“Park Taeyeon… I love you.” He said, kissing her nose. “I love you more than anything in this world.”

“I know… And I love you too. One question though… Why immortal?” She chuckled, wrapping her arms around his neck while he tightened his firm hold on her waist.

“Because every time you touch me, even if it’s just a feather-like touch, it sends my heart flying. And a kiss… would send me to heaven. That’d make me immortal, wouldn’t it?” He smiled.

“I can’t argue with that logic. I’m sorry I thought that you had forgotten about our anniversary. You’re the most amazing man ever.” She smiled more, hugging him tightly.

“It’s okay, it’s okay. But… I’m not more amazing than you, angel.” He hugged back, kissing the top of her head. “I love you forever and ever. I won’t let you go, not now, not in a gazillion years.”