Chapter 2

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

2nd chapter ahead! I made a lot of changes!

 

............................

 

Abandoning my bed after a long slumber, I tapped my alarm from making further noises. I opened the curtains and lazily walked towards the bathroom to prepare for school. After brushing my teeth and taking a warm bath, I dressed up and left my room. I felt different waking up today, like something good was ahead of me. For once in my life, nightmares didn’t haunt me while I was asleep. Everything felt surprisingly well. I had a smile on my face as soon as I woke up and until now it still hasn't left me. Just as I was about to head downstairs to finally grab some breakfast and head to school, I felt warm arms wrap around my waist.

 

I looked behind to check who just gave me a backhug. "Yoo-yoona? What are you doing here?" I asked, stuttering. Of course it felt weird.

 

"I decided to visit you, my future husband," she smiled, freeing herself from the hug.

 

I don't know but I almost cringed at whatever she just called me. Yoona, she was the girl who my parents wanted me to marry. Yoona is the daughter of a wealthy family, even wealthier than we are. When Sooyeon and I were still best friends, I developed a big crush on Yoona and I've never seen my parents so happy about me being friends with her. Sooyeon wasn’t rich, so she wasn’t my parents’ cup of tea. When Sooyeon died, her family was nowhere to be found and I recently discovered about her parents passing away along with her baby sister. I’ve never really seen her sister before, since Sooyeon never allowed me to go insider her household.

 

"I--uh--okay," I smiled awkwardly, before sitting on the table and taking a bite from the sandwich our maid prepared.

 

After finishing the meal, I grabbed my bag to walk away and to head to school. Yoona trailed behind me, since we went to the same school. This is her first time in an actual school, since she studies at home, with a pretty strict tutor. She said she wanted to go to school with me, since we needed to get to know each other. Yoona d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter