Chapter 1

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

1st chapter ahead! I made a lot of changes!

 

............................

 

Memories of Sooyeon started popping in my head as I sat down. My right hand covered my eyes as if I felt dizzy, but I just felt bothered. I shut my eyes for a while, I've always had nightmares of her. Every single night. Tonight was no different. I removed my hand from covering my eyes when I felt someone entering my room.

 

"Hey, is there a problem, Hae? Dreamt about her again?" he suddenly spoke, leaning against the frame of the door. He looked at me full of concern, "Look, I just want to help you out."

 

Is he reading my mind or something? I ignored his question and stood up walking towards one of the stools my mother bought me when I was young to grab my school bag.

 

"Seems like it. Come on, Lee Donghae! We're running late!" He said running away. Hyukjae really needs to stop running away, because the last time he ran away, I tripped over a bunch of goods and got plenty of bruises and my family had to pay for the damages caused.

 

I ran after Hyukjae and I was glad to see him waiting for me in the entrance. "Thanks for waiting for me. I thought you left me again," I said, catching my breath as I tried to walk towards him.

 

Hyukjae smirked and ran away. "This kid, really," I said under my breath and tried catching up to him. "Hey! Wait for me!"

 

............................

 

The moment we reached school, a bunch of people welcomed us. Fellow guys, girls, professors, staff, etc. I hope our first day goes well. It's our first day in college and rumors say that if you get at least a few absences, you won't make it.

 

The professor cleared his throat as soon as he entered the room and all of the students stood up to greet him. He greeted the students as well and smiled before he turned towards the door and gestured somebody to walk in. The students faced each other in curiosity not knowing what was going to happen.

 

"Please welcome our new transferree, Jung Jessica," the professor spoke up, his left hand gesturing the girl to walk in. She walked in confidently and smiled. My jaws dropped as soon as I saw her. She looked exactly like my best friend. From head to toe. Even her beauty marks, her hair color and just everything about her screamed 'Jung Sooyeon'. I turned to face Hyukjae and he did the same. I was speechless at the moment, I've never been so surprised in my whole life. I started to feel different kinds of emotions, should I be happy? Excited? Is my best friend finally back? What if she's somebody else?

 

"Jessica, please take the seat right next to Kim Taeyeon." the professor told her and Jessica took the seat right next to Kim Taeyeon.

 

I was still speechless and my heart started to race uncontrollably when she passed by m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter