Chapter 5

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

5th chapter ahead!

A lot of changes too!

 

............................

 

'Another day another stress' was the quote I kept on repeating to myself as I walked with someone I know in front of me. Someone I've been wanting to talk to, not only in places exclusive to women. I silently trailed behind her, trying not to be noticed. She stopped right in her tracks and turned to look at me. My heart started beating in a quicker pace and I gulped nervously when she suddenly walked towards me. I was hesitant whether I should stay or walk away. As an instinct, I started walking away backwards to keep the distance, but she was faster, obviously.

"Are you stalking me or something?" she asked with my heart beating faster than ever. I tried to avoid her gaze as I laughed awkwardly. She caught me now, what am I supposed to do? I gulped before answering her question with the most acceptable lie at the moment, "Of course not. I was just headed to the store right there."

She looked at me suspiciously and whispered, "Thank God,” before walking away with noticeably quick pace, leaving me behind. I tucked my hands in my pocket before I walked to follow her again and pretended to enter the convenience store to buy some chips and cola to make up for my lie. I looked out the window to check on her, noticing another hooded figure trailing behind her. I adjusted my eyes to get a better look on the man, but my vision did not permit so. It was too dark and the man was too far from my sight. I sighed in relief when the man suddenly turned to walk to the opposite road Jessica took.

So what exactly happened?

 

............................

 

Having been stuck in several school works, I decided to take a quick stroll down the street to catch some fresh air. Stress has been killing me these past few days. I feel like school will come after me some day and murder me later. The trees swayed along with the wind and my hands immediately searched for my hoodie’s pockets. I breathed in and out as I walked along the streets. The wind didn’t bring in that much chills, since it was only almost September.

After walking past a few streets, I decided to call it a “walk” and head back home, but something interesting crossed my line of vision. I wasn’t sure who it was, but my mind immediately told me it was Jung Jessica. The said girl was walking faster than ever, alone, as she sobbed and wiped her tears away. I assumed that she came from a certain mansion built on the other side of the street, basing it from the path of her journey. Being the curious me, I ran to follow her.

 

............................
 

"She did what?" the man on the other line asked in curiosity and excitement.

I laughed, "I said I followed her around when I saw her run away from what I supposed was “home” and cry like something really bad just happened, but I don't know what really happened so who am I to judge?" My whole body fell exhausted on my bed as I explained what just happened to my best friend through the phone.

Insensitive. That defines whatev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter