Chapter 4

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

4th chapter ahead! I made a lot of changes!

 

............................

 

Hyukjae and I ran towards our room like our lives depended on it (but it really did though, in their school, being late is like missing out on a year in school).

 

"Mr. Lee and Mr. Lee, what took you so long?" the professor asked.

 

I chuckled because he repeated our last names, Mr. Lee and Mr. Lee. Ok never mind that. We usually took it as a joke whenever professors called us when we're together, we take it as an escape route from being too stressed out whenever we're late.

 

"Now what are you laughing about? Go to your seats." the professor demanded in an irritated tone, but he looked as if he was about to laugh at whatever he said as well.

 

Hyukjae and I sat next to each other. My eyes roamed around the room looking for Jessica, not paying attention to whatever the professor was saying. Where is she? Okay. Now I think I get why she was crying in the comfort room yesterday. Is she pregnant? No. Or maybe she's sick? Well that's probably more reasonable.

 

"Mr. Lee, are you even paying attention?" the professor asked.

 

"I'm sorry sir," I apologized, pretending to pay attention, but my thoughts on helping Jessica continued to bug me. I still don't know but I believe I should help Jessica. I don't care if she's Sooyeon or not. But I feel like she needs someone right now. I grabbed my bag and stormed out of the room.

 

"Mr. Lee! Cutting classes is not allo--" I didn't hear what the professor said next but I ran until I reached the ground floor.

 

There it is again, I can hear someone crying. Similar to what I heard yesterday. And now, I'm not going to let her go. I'm going to help her. This is my chance to get to know her while my best friend, Sooyeon is gone and only visible in pictures and dreams. I entered the comfort room and locked it. Hello? I'm a dude for goodness sake, if someone sees me there, I'm going to be all over the school papers.

 

"Who's there?" she asked.

 

I didn't answer, I wanted to hear more of her. I wanted to know her side.

 

"Please don't hurt me. Whoever you are. I'm sick of it! I'm sick of all of it!" she cried, "I don't know why I'm telling this to you. I don't even know who you are. I can't even see you. But why do you have to judge me?! I'm sick of this world! I'm sick of everything! Why did you have to do this to---" she was cut off when I spoke.

 

"Jessica, it's okay. Go on, I'll hear you out," I suddenly s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter