Memories of You

The Way To You...

 

It was Monday when Taecyeon finally came back to the office. Minjun can’t hide his smiles when he saw Taecyeon stepped out from the elevator.

            “Good to have you back man…” Minjun slung his arm around Taecyeon’s shoulder.

            “Whatever…I just do want you to go nuts on me…” he walked straight to his private office.

The day started okay,…Taecyeon managed to get his piled up files done and by afternoon his work is finished. Looking at his watch, he grabbed his coat and went to the office next to his.

            “Hey babe, time for lunch…” he opened the door and it was empty. He walked in and lets out a sigh. Khun used to occupy this office as they work in the same company. That’s how they met with each other.

            “Nope…I’m not interested…” Khun said without batting an eyelid to Taecyeon who’s sitting at the edge of his desk. He turned his attention to the computer trying to get his proposal done while trying to ignore the man that been haunting his dreams lately.

            “Tell me one good reason why…” Taecyeon gave his best seductive grin ever. He’s been after Khun for weeks but the guy is a tough cookie. Who knew behind that angelic looks lays a very hard interior that is not easy to break.

            “I’ll give you two…one, I don’t date someone works in the same office…and two, I don’t date players…”

          “The first one I could understand but the second one…I think you’ve been misunderstands…”

            “Am I?” Khun looked at him with raised eyebrows. “I don’t think so…from what I heard around here…you have a quite reputation with both es alike…”

            “Okay let me get one point straight…I don’t do women…they’re the one who throw themselves at me…”

            “I bet they are…”Khun sneered.

            “And as for guys, it’s a mutual decision…casual dates…”

            “And casual s…”

            “Look…” Taecyeon spun Khun around in his seat facing him. “I go on dates but no one is good enough to warm my bed…I’m pretty selective on that…”

            “Really? That’s not what I heard…I’m not interested on being another notch on your bed post…” Khun tried to look the other way so he could avoid Taecyeon soul-searing gaze.

            “Believe me, you’re not…” he got closer and grazed his lips along Khun’s jaw line. “Just wait and see, I will make you mine…”

            “That is so not gonna happen…”

            “Is that a challenge? I always get what I want and I definitely want you…” Taecyeon leaned over and blow soft air at Khun’s ear.

            “Could you leave? I got tonnes of work to be done…” Khun pushed Taecyeon away and tried to hide his increasing bulge at the down south area.

            “Fine…but I’ll be back…” with a smile, Taecyeon kissed Khun’s cheek and walked out.

            “What are you doing here?” Minjun said standing at the door.

Taecyeon just looked at him and by the expression on his face, Minjun instantly knew the reason.

            “Old habit dies hard huh?” Taecyeon tried to smile. Even his office smell like him. Everything was in place…his aromatic candles that he loved so much…neatly arranged photo frames of their pictures together…it feels like as if he was still there.

            “Let’s go eat…I know you’re starving…”

Reluctantly Taecyeon got up from the big chair and went to the door. With a last look over his shoulder, he left.

            “I’m thinking about cleaning out Khun’s office next week…” Minjun said as they having lunch at the cafeteria.

            “Why?” Taecyeon asked.

            “The new executive is coming next month and he needed the space…”

            “Can you at least let me clear it instead? I don’t trust those cleaning ladies to do it…”

            “Sure…I’m so happy you’re coming back to work Taecyeon ah…I really missed my best friend…” Minjun patted Taecyeon’s arms.

Best friend…that’s the only thing that Minjun keep telling himself while deep down he’s in love with Taecyeon. Ever since they were in college, Minjun been harbouring his feelings over the guy. He was afraid to make a move but when he finally found the courage to do so, Taecyeon was head over heels for Khun. So, he did what every man in love did…he backed down and buried the feeling deep in the corner of his heart. He knew no one could take Khun’s place in Taecyeon’s eyes.

It’s almost 10pm when Taecyeon finally realised that almost everyone in the office is gone. He grabbed his coat and when he got out; he saw the light from Minjun’s room is still on.

            “Hey…I thought you’re already gone…” Taecyeon stood by the doorway.

            “I’m about to…just finishing some last minute detail for tomorrow’s big meeting…you’re gonna be there right?”

            “Yeah, sure…anyway, I’ll be going now…see you tomorrow…”

            “See ya man…”

Looking outside the car’s window, the empty feeling comes again. For a short while, Khun’s existence has affected Taecyeon in a way that he never knew would. He stopped by the roadside and remembered how he and Khun would act like two drunk guys so that they could wrapped each other’s hand on their shoulder and walked closer.

It was nearly 2 in the morning when a call came to Minjun’s phone. He looked at the screen and it was Taecyeon.

            “Hey man…what’s up?” he yawned

            “Yobosaeyo…um…there’s a drunken man here and he’s causing a discomfort to my other customer…could you come and take him home instead…”

            “Nae, nae…just give me the address and I’ll be there as soon as I can…”

When Minjun arrived at the roadside stall, Taecyeon was half asleep with a bottle of Soju still in his hand. Minjun paid the bill and went to his table.

          “Taecyeon ah…wake up…let’s go home…” he shook Taecyeon’s body lightly. “Taecyeon ah…”

Slowly, Taecyeon opened his eyes.

            “Minjun ah…what are you doing here? Ajumma, another bottle of soju here…” he waved the empty bottle.

            “I think you have enough to drink for the night…let’s go…”

Minjun hauled Taecyeon large body and slung his arm around the shoulder. A man sitting by help him brought Taecyeon to his car. It’s a good thing he came with a cab otherwise he would have to leave Taecyeon’s car behind.

            “Khun ah…why did you have to leave me?” Taecyeon said with his eyes closed.

            “Taecyeon ah…wake up…”

            “Minjun ah…do you know…I tried to forget about Khun but I just can’t…” he sobs. “I love him too much…”

            “I know…”

The next morning, Taecyeon woke up feeling that his head being hit with an 18 tonne truck. He looked around and it wasn’t his place. He was in his yesterday work clothes.

            “Where am I?” he saw a note on the bedside table.

You were drunk last night so I brought you home. There’s pain killer in the medicine cabinet and I’ve made you some breakfast…it’s in the microwave. Just take the day off and don’t worry about anything, I get the meeting under control. Call me when you feel better.

Minjun.