Together Again…Forever

The Way To You...

Taecyeon slowly opened his eyes and looked around.

            “Khun ah…”

He called out Khun’s name but there’s no answer. He curled up in a ball and cried. Why would he given a chance to be with Khun only for him to be gone again? The pain in his heart keep getting bigger and he felt like someone just ripped his chest open and stomped on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minjun woke up when he heard his phone rings. Wooyoung who is sleeping next to him also got up.

            “Who is it?” Wooyoung asked.

            “Taecyeon…”

There’s uneasiness look on Wooyoung’s face.

            “Don’t worry babe…” Minjun patted Wooyoung’s hip. “I’m with you now…”

            “Fine…” Wooyoung wrapped his arms around Minjun’s waist. “Answer it…it could be important…”

            “Hello…Taecyeon ah…”

            “He’s gone again Minjun ah…” Taecyeon said while crying.

            “Who? Who’s gone?”

            “Khun…he came back to me and now he’s gone again…leaving me behind…”

            “Taecyeon ah…it’s just a dream…”

            “It’s not a dream Minjun ah…he really came back to me…why did he have to come back and then gone again? It hurt so bad Minjun ah… I don’t think I could live anymore…”

            “Taecyeon ah…have you been drinking again?”

            “I want him back…please let him back to me…” Taecyeon wept his heart out at the end of the line.

            “Taecyeon ah…Khun is gone…he’s not coming back ever again…”

            “But he did…”

Then the line disconnected.

            “Hello? Taecyeon ah! Hello? Yaa Ok Taecyeon!” Minjun called frantically.

            “What happened?” Wooyoung asked.

            “I dunno…we were talking and then the line got off…” Minjun tries to call Taecyeon number again but it went into the voice mailbox.

            “It’s already 3 in the morning…maybe you could call him tomorrow…let’s just go back to sleep…” Wooyoung said pulling the covers over them.

            “Okay…I just hope nothing bad happened to him…”

            “He just probably get drunk and passed out…I’m sure he’s gonna be okay…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minjun couldn’t contained his tears. His eyes swollen and his nose have gone red. He didn’t know how long he’s been crying ever since the memorial service for Taecyeon started.

            “Babe…” Wooyoung hugged him. “He’s resting in peace now…that’s all the matters…”

            “I just feel bad the way he gone…I should’ve done something…”

            “There’s nothing you could do…it’s his choice…”

Then…

            “Minjun ah…” it’s Khun’s mom.

            “Omonim…”

The petite woman hugged Minjun tightly.

            “How are you doing?” she asked. Her eyes are wet, an obvious sign she was crying.

            “Still trying to cope with everything…”

            “It’s a good thing Taecyeon have you…did his family come?”

            “I’ve told them but they haven’t showed up…”

            “I just lost another son…I thought I never have to go through this anymore…” she shook her head.

            “Omonim…I guess there’s something you might need…” Minjun took Khun’s mom hand and hand over Taecyeon’s wedding ring.

            “Omo…” she cried and hugged Minjun again. “It completed now…”

The memorial service went without a hitch. Taecyeon family didn’t show up even after the casket been lowered into the ground. Minjun stood by the grave and Wooyoung was standing next to him.

            “He’s in peace now…we should just let him go with open heart…”

            “Yeah…”

Flashback

Minjun felt uneasy after Taecyeon call so after several of days debating, he decided to go to Taecyeon’s house in the countryside. He walked in and there’s no one. A rush of nervousness hit him.

            “Taecyeon ah…” he called.

            “I’ll try look for him at the back…” Wooyoung said and went to the kitchen.

Minjun went to Taecyeon’s bedroom and it was a mess. The huge mirror on the wall was broken and there are traces of blood leading to the bathroom. He went in and saw Taecyeon lying in the bathtub with an empty bottle of painkiller in his hand.

            “Taecyeon ah!” his heart almost stopped at the sight. “Wooyoung ah! Come in here!” Minjun screamed. He tried to haul Taecyeon’s body out of the tub but failed. “Wooyoung ah! Help!”

            “Oh my god! What the…” Wooyoung’s eyes widened.

            “Help me…”

They carried Taecyeon’s body out to the room.

            “Taecyeon ah! Yaa Ok Taecyeon!” Minjun pressed his palm on Taecyeon’s chest repeatedly trying to revive him.

            “Babe…” Wooyoung said and shook his head. “He’s gone…”

            “No!!!”

End of Flashback

Minjun and Wooyoung are walking back to their car when Minjun’s phone suddenly rings. He picked up…

“You have one pre-recorded voice mail…” the operator said. “Please press 1 to listen…”

He did as he told and the voice at the end of the line shocked him.

            “Minjun ah…I don’t know whether I’d be alive or dead by the time you heard this…I just wanna say thank you for being a great friend to me…you were like a family to me…the one who stick by me when my own blood decided to throw me away. I need to be where Khun was and I think this is the only way I could be with him…I hope you have a good life…and try to open your heart for someone. Cherish every moment you have with someone who truly loves you…I gotta go now…I love you Kim Minjun…you are eternally my greatest friend…”

The call ended. Tears once again rolling down Minjun’s cheeks.

            “What is it?” Wooyoung looked with concern.

            “Taecyeon’s last word…” Minjun hugged Wooyoung tightly.

Then…

            “Excuse me…Mr. Kim Minjun?” a guy in full suit came.

            “Yes…that’s me…” Minjun wiped his tears away.

            “Hi…my name Oh Jung Boon and I’m Mr. Ok Taecyeon’s lawyer…two days ago he came to me and told me write a will for him…” he said. “And he asked to give this to you in event of his death…” the man gave a large envelope to him.

Minjun opened it and his hands shook. Taecyeon made him the owner of his entire possession, including the assets in their company.

            “Taecyeon ah…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun walked closer to the bench and saw a familiar figure sitting on it facing the wide, vast green land.

            “What took you so long?” The person turned around and it was Taecyeon.

            “What…what are you doing here? You…you…” Khun stuttered out of shock.

            “Didn’t I tell you? I would go anywhere you are…and this way, we could be together again…forever…”

They sat next to each other.

            “Thank you…” Taecyeon said reaching for Khun’s hands.

            “For what?” Khun glanced over.

             “For teaching me how to love…do you know what did I pray every night?”

            “What?”

            “If there’s God anywhere…I want Him to let you be my side for the rest of existing life…”

            “That was my exact prayer as well…” Khun leaned his head on Taecyeon’s shoulder.

 

THE END~~~~~~~

 

Thank you to all my reader and subbers out there for supporting my first ever fanfic....I love you guys so much....I'll be back with better stories for of you...

ANNYEONG~~~~