Moving Forward

The Way To You...

Taecyeon watched as Khun turned his back and walked away from him.

            “Khun ah…wait!” he yelled. Khun just looked over his shoulder and walked further and further. Taecyeon after him but when he almost touched Khun’s back, he vanished into the thin air.

            “Khun ah!”

Opening his eyes, Taecyeon found himself lying on the couch in his apartment. He must’ve dozed off when he came back from Minjun’s place just now. He took a picture frame on the side table and smiled. It was a picture of Khun and him on his birthday last year.

            “I really missed you babe…” without knowing, his tears fall down the cheeks.

            “Can I ask you something?” Khun said as they walked together at the park. The night was cool and stars were there to witness their love for each other.

            “Sure…” Taecyeon took Khun’s hand and laced their fingers together.

            “What would you do if I die first?”

            “Um…I just go on and find another guy then…” small giggle came from Taecyeon. “You know there’s line of guys wanted to date your man…”

            “Is that so?” Khun glared at him. “Well…good for you…at least I know you wouldn’t sad when I’m gone…” he pulled his hands back and walked away from Taecyeon.

            “Yaa…I was just kidding!” Taecyeon jogged catching up to Khun. “Khun ah…”But he just ignored him.

Taecyeon grabbed Khun’s arm and spun him around. There are tears on his cheeks.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” He cupped Khun small face with both of his hands and brushed away the tears with his thumbs. “I was just kidding…you know that you’ll be the only one for me right?”

            “Yeah…but if I died I want you to be happy…even if you’re with someone else…” Khun sobbed.

            “C’mere…” Taecyeon pulled him into a tight embrace. “Now or forever…it will be you and only you that live in my heart…and stop talking about dying…we have so much time in our life ahead…” a kiss landed on Khun’s lips and smile formed. “Now that’s my babe…”

            “Damn it…I’m beginning to sound like a girl…” Khun snorted.

            “Believe me, you’re not a girl…you are the man of my dream…”

A knock on the door woke Taecyeon up from his bubble. He got up and opened the door. Minjun was there with bags in his hands.

            “I know you would be home…” he said and walked in.     

            “What are you doing here?” Taecyeon watched as Minjun went to the living room putting the bags on the coffee table.

            “I came to bring you some food…I know you would be too lazy to go out…there’s porridge, stir fried beef, fresh veggies and fruits for dessert.”

            “Minjun ah…about last night…I’m sorry if I’d cause any trouble for you…”

            “Don’t mention it…I was just glad you’re okay…I gotta go now…”

            “You’re not staying for lunch?”

           “I can’t…I got an appointment with a client…I’ll see you at the office tomorrow…” with a hug, Minjun left.

Minjun keep telling himself to move forward and forget about Taecyeon…but the harder he try, the harder for him to forget.

            “Maybe one day, his heart will open up for me…”

He arrived at the office and saw Wooyoung sitting at the couch.

            “Wooyoung ah…what are you doing here?”

            “I thought I want to ask you out for lunch…where have you been?” He asked.

            “Um…out…”

            “Taecyeon hyung’s house? I see that he’s not coming in today…”

            “I went to send some stuff to him…”

            “When will you realise that he will not get over Khun hyung? How long will you keep torturing yourself for someone who can’t even see your feelings for him?”

            “I think that is not your business Wooyoung ah…”

            “Hyung…just snap out of it!”

            “I’m happy like this ok?” Minjun stared at him.

            “And shut your heart for someone who could actually make you happy? Hyung, you’re better than that…”

          “Wooyoung ah…can we not talk about this? I have loads of work and I need to get it done…”

            “Fine…I just hope one day you will see that there’s actually someone out there that really cares about you.” Wooyoung went to the door.

Minjun sat at his desk and think about what Wooyoung just said to him. How could he forget about Taecyeon when all of his heart belongs to that guy? He wanted to move on but everytime he did, the thought of Taecyeon came back to haunt him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun sat on the bench and looked over the vast endless green grass in front of him. He was alone and he could hear Taecyeon’s voice calling out his name. Silently, the tears he kept for so long fell down his pale cheeks.

            “Just move on Taecyeon ah…forget about me…we’re not destined to be together…”

Then someone came and sat next to him.

            “I see that you still think about him…”

Khun looked over and it was an older man. Around 50 of age, with a white hair and white goatee to match. He quickly wiped his tears got up to leave.

            “What if you have a chance to be with him again?” the old man said. Khun’s stopped and turned around.

            “Are you for real? You know it’s not possible…” he said in disbelief.

            “Everything is possible for me…I see that his love for you is strong and he can’t move on until you give him some closure…” the man smiled.

            “Who are you?”

            “Just think of me as your guardian angel…” he got up and tapped Khun’s shoulder.

A sudden white light appeared and Khun felt as he was into it gradually. His body felt lighter and he was floating.

            “What’s happening to me?” he shouted.

            “Be calm my child…” it was that old man’s voice again. “Soon, everything gonna be fine…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Sunday and Taecyeon was in Khun old office packing Khun’s stuff into a huge box. He made a decision that he can’t work here anymore…there’s too much memories of Khun lingering around and seriously he would go insane the longer he’s here.

After he make sure Khun’s belonging is placed in the box, he went to Minjun’s office to drop his resignation letter. He didn’t have to worry about working, his trust fund will keep him off the debt for years and he could always do freelance work from home.

Minjun was surprise when Taecyeon came to his office. He thought he was alone as he have some stuff to settle there.

            “What are you doing here?” Minjun asked.

            “I came clear out Khun’s office…”

            “I’m almost done in here…you need some help?”

            “No thanks…everything is packed up…um…I just want to give you this…” Taecyeon put the letter on Minjun’s desk.

            “What’s this?” he opened the letter and scan through. “You’re quitting? But why?”

            “I can’t do this anymore Minjun ah…this place remind me so much of him…”

            “Don’t tell me you’re gonna move out too…” Minjun looked at Taecyeon and he nodded. “What? Taecyeon ah…”

            “I need to start fresh where the memory of him is not around…”

            “I can’t let you do that Taecyeon ah!” Minjun almost sounded like he’s pleading.

            “I have to…I think I might go crazy if I stay here…”

            “Fine…just tell me where you’re moving to and as this resignation letter, I’ll put it aside…when you’re ready to come to work again, this place is open for you…”

            “I don’t think so Minjun ah…”

            “Well, you’ll never know…I hope you know what you’re doing…”

            “Believe me, I do…”

The last box of his possession is already in the trunk of his car and Taecyeon turned around to take a final look at his old place. Everything is gone and he would say goodbye to this love nest of him and Khun.

            “Ta dah!” Taecyeon took his hands off Khun’s eyes. “What do you think?”

Khun looked with amazement…the apartment was great, it was fully furnished the way he liked and the fact that he would be sharing this cozy little place with the man of his dream send butterflies to his stomach.

            “This is…perfect!”

            “I’m afraid that you wouldn’t like it…” Taecyeon can breathe easily now.

            “I would live in the gutter if it was with you…” he jumped and wrapped his legs around Taecyeon’s waist. “Thank you so much babe…for doing all of this…”

            “The pleasure was all mine…”

Their lips met.

Taecyeon closed the door and with a heavy step, he left.