Final Goodbye

The Way To You...

Taecyeon is gone out to get some groceries so Khun help cleaned the house a little. He was sweeping under the bed when he saw a box stashed away. He took out the box and opened it. It was a collection of their stuff together. Movie tickets, sticker pictures…everything is still well kept.

            “Yaa! Do we have to do it? It’s too childish…” Taecyeon said with a long pout on his face.

            “Let’s be childish for a day…babe…” Khun dragged Taecyeon’s arm towards one of the many instant photo booth at the arcade.

            “Fine…”

Khun heard the front door opened.

            “Babe, I’m home…”

            “Nae…” he closed the box, shove it back under the bed and walked out.

            “I got your favourite…green tea rice cakes…”

            “Really? Thanks…”

Later that day…

It was almost dusk when the pair decided to go to the beach.

            “It’s good to be here…” Khun said spreading his arms wide and inhaled the cool breeze.

            “No one went to the beach at this hour…” Taecyeon looked at Khun. He knew Khun loves beaches ever since he was young. It was their dream to have a house by the sea when they grew old together.

            “More privacy for us…hey babe, can I ask you something?”

            “Sure…”

            “Can you sing for me?”

            “Sing? You know I can’t sing to save my life…”

            “Babe…please…” Khun held Taecyeon’s hands.

            “Don’t give me that puppy face!”

            “Why? It’s getting to you?” Khun winked repeatedly.

            “Fine…”

Taecyeon start singing his heart out and Khun have a huge smile on his face. He always loved Taecyeon deep voice…he does goes out of tune when he sings but it doesn’t matter.

It was late at night when they got back to the house.

            “Coffee?” Taecyeon asked.

            “Sure…”

Taecyeon went to the kitchen, fill the kettle with water and put it on the stove.

            “Hey babe…” Khun came and hugged him.

            “Why?” Taecyeon was surprise by Khun’s sudden behaviour. “What’s the meaning of this?” He asked and wrapped his arms tighter around Khun’s slender frame.

            “Let’s just stay like this until the water boils…” Khun leaned his head on Taecyeon’s broad chest.

            “Fine with me then…”

            “Mmm…babe, did I ever say thank you?” Khun said.

            “Let see…never…” Taecyeon smiled. “I was kidding…”

            “Thank you for loving me…giving me everything and more…making me the happiest guy on earth…teaching me great things about love…”

            “Babe…what’s wrong?” there’s worried tone in Taecyeon’s voice.

            “Nothing…” Khun could feel tears b his eyes.

Taecyeon tried to broke the hug but Khun refused so that he couldn’t see the tears.

            “Babe…did I say to you I love you?” Taecyeon said.

            “I don’t remember any of that…”

            “And there’s something I didn’t tell you…I almost cried when your mother hugged me when we first met her two years ago…”

            “Why?”

            “I never felt my mother’s love when I decided to come out from the closet…but your mom…she accepted me like I was her own son…loving you brought the sense of happiness that I never thought I would feel…I love you Khun ah…”

            “And I love you too…”

They were about to kiss when the kettle whistle went on.

            “What a timing…” both of them said in unison.

            “Two sugar no cream?” Taecyeon looked at Khun.

            “You still remember how I take my coffee?”

            “I remember everything…” he smiled.

It was around midnight when Khun woke up. Taecyeon was sleeping soundly like a baby next to him. He could feel something different happening to his body.

            “Your time is coming…” it was the old man. He stood at the doorway with a serious look on his face.

            “Can I stay a little longer?” Khun pleaded.

            “I guess you can’t…I already did the best I can but your time is up…I’m sorry my child…”

            “But I can’t leave him…”

            “You have to…”

            “Is there anything I could do?” Khun was on his knees in front of the old man.

            “I’m afraid not…” he tapped Khun’s shoulder.

Taecyeon opened his eyes and saw Khun kneeling at the doorway with his hands clasped together as if he was begging for something.

            “Babe…” he rubbed his sleepy eyes and he noticed that Khun is getting transparent.

            “I don’t want to leave…please…” Khun pleaded again.

            “Babe…what’s happening to you?” Taecyeon rushed towards Khun and lifted him up to his feet. “Babe…”

            “I have to go now Taecyeon ah…my time is up…”

            “No! It can’t be happening!”

Taecyeon tried to hug Khun but everytime does, all he did was hugging the air. Khun’s body getting more and more transparent every passing minute.

            “Taecyeon ah…” Khun was crying uncontrollably. “Take care of yourself…always remember that you’ll always be the one that I love…I hope we could be together in our next life…”

            “Khun ah…don’t leave me…” Taecyeon wailed.

            “I love you Taecyeon ah….always has and always will be…”

With the final word, Khun disappeared into thin air.

            “Khun ah!!!”

Taecyeon slumped on the floor. He was crying his eyes out hoping that all of this was a dream and when he woke up, Khun is still beside him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------