The Morning After

The Way To You...

 

Taecyeon felt Khun’s warm body pressed into his own…he pulled him closer and wrapped his arm tightly. The feeling of fullness warms his heart to the hilt. *I could stay like this forever…*

Sudden blinding sunlight makes Taecyeon squints his eyes. Someone pulled his blanket away and cool air hit his bare skin.

            “Get up man! It’s almost afternoon…”it was Minjun, his best friend. They knew each other for years ever since their college days.

            “Go away dude…I’m not in the mood…” he pulled back the blanket covering his body.

            “I can’t do that…it’s been too long…it’s either you get up on your own or I’ll get a bucket of water to make you get up…” Minjun’s serious tone that never failed to make Taecyeon flinch.

            “Fine…” lazily Taecyeon dragged his whole body up and head down to the bathroom.

            “Come out to the kitchen after you’re done…” he said and left the room.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the sizzle sound of fried eggs filled the apartment.

            “Good to see you up again…” Minjun put a plate in front of Taecyeon. He just smiled and rummaged through the cabinets looking for a mug. Looking at the sink, it was filled with dirty dishes.

            “Yaa, when is the last time you clean up this place?” Minjun shook his head. Rolling up his sleeves, he starts washing the dirty plates and bowls.

            “Just leave it there…I’ll do it later…” Taecyeon said and took a bite of his breakfast. His throat is dry as sandpaper and swallowing food is the last thing he wanted to do. However, the rumbling sound from his stomach makes him surrender without putting much fight.

            “Yeah, right! As if that gonna happen…just look at your apartment…pile of clothes here…food wrappers, empty soju bottles…how much did you drink last night anyway?”

Minjun has always been like a mom to Taecyeon…he’s the only family Taecyeon have left after his own abandoned him when he make a choice to live with a man. Yup, Taecyeon was gay and he decide that he can’t live in the closet any longer.

            “Maybe 3…or 4…or 5…I don’t remember…” he scratched his un-itch head. Soju is the only thing that can make him fall asleep nowadays.

            “Dude…you gotta stop living this way…it’s taking a toll on you…” Minjun wiped his wet hand with a rag and sat in front of his good friend. The concern look on his face makes Taecyeon adverted his gaze away.

            “Just let me be Minjun ah…I don’t need you to be my mom…” Taecyeon pulled his legs up and propped his head on the knees.

            “I can’t let you do this to yourself Taecyeon ah…I love you too much to let you waste your life over someone that already dead…”

            “Khun is not dead!” Taecyeon yelled. Tears started to flood the brim of his eyes.

            “Yes he is! And it was a week ago! Just face the fact that Khun is gone and you’re not gonna get him back!”

            “I think you should just leave…” Taecyeon glared at Minjun while trying to hold back his tears.

            “I will…but I’m coming back…you can be sure about that…”

Minjun grabbed his coat and head out to the front door.

            “I’ve called the cleaning service and they will be here this afternoon…I’m giving you another couple of days off but by next Monday I want to see your at the office 8a.m on the dot or I’ll be the one who drag you there…” Minjun said and walked out.

The house felt so empty again. Everywhere reminded of him and Khun. The living room, the laundry room…every inch of this place have traces of Khun.

            “Hey babe…can you help me with the laundry?” Khun called. He was at the balcony hanging their clothes to dry.

            “I’m coming…”

Taecyeon came over and wrapped his hands around Khun’s slender waist.

            “Help me hang these…”

            “I wanna stay this way for a while…” he rested his head on Khun’s shoulder.

            “Babe…”

            “Fine…” with a sigh Taecyeon picked up the damp clothes from the basket and hang them. “Happy now?”

            “Yup!” Khun beamed with smiles.

            “We could just buy a dryer…it’s way easier…”

            “And miss doing this with you? I don’t think so…”

Taecyeon just smiled looking at Khun. How could this sweet guy be mine? It still makes him wonder…

            “What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Khun raised his eyebrows.

            “Nothing…so, what do you wanna do after this? Minjun gave me the weekend off…”

            “Um…I dunno…I just want to stay at home…do you have any plan?”

            “We could visit your mom…she loves me more than you…”

            “She does…and I’m her son…that’s a good idea…I haven’t been home for a while…finish this up while I call her okay…” Khun gave a little peck on his cheek and walked away.

            “But babe…”

            “Can’t hear you!” Taecyeon swear he could see Khun grinning from ear to ear.

The vibration on the table snapped Taecyeon from his dream. He looked at the phone and it was Khun’s mom.

            “Yoboesaeyo…nae omonim…”

Half an hour later, Taecyeon found himself walking to the front door of Khun’s family house. He pushed the doorbell and seconds later, a petite chubby woman opened the door.

            “Aigoo…Taecyeon ah…” she hugged him. “My son…come on in…” pulling his hands, they walked into the living room. His eyes caught a glimpse of the photo of Khun and him hung on the wall.

           “Good you’re here…how are you?” she took Taecyeon’s hands and gave them a light .

            “I’m good…still trying to digest everything that happened…”

            “Aigoo…you’ve lost so much weight…my poor son…stay for lunch okay? Appa wants to see you too…he went out to get some groceries…”

            “I can’t keep burdening you…” this woman was way more like a mom than his own.

            “You’re not a burden Taecyeon ah…I lost a son and I’m not gonna lose another one…” she caressed his cheek.

Meeting Khun probably the best thing that happened to him. He gained love and the sense of family that he felt that he would never experienced again.

While having lunch…

            “So, did you go back to work yet?” Khun’s dad asked.

            “Not yet abonim…Minjun gave me another week off…maybe this Monday…”

          “Good…you need to start fresh again…what gone is gone…we need to keep going forward…” he patted Taecyeon’s shoulder.

            “Nae abonim…”

            “Before you go, take some food with you uh? My son is getting thinner…”

            “Nae omonim…”

*At least I still have them*…Taecyeon thought…if my parents can’t accept me, these people is still with me.

 

How the first chapter?

Tell me what you think....