Deal with the Devil - 5 -

Deal with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong 

I watch her sleep. parted a little, saliva running at the corner of . The TV is on but I could care less about what’s playing.

Is it wrong that I want to kiss her even though she’s sleeping?

I shook my head at the kind of ery I’m thinking.  

Why is it that I always become a creeper when I’m around her?

But then again, she always had some kind of affect on me. 

Peaches let out a sighing sound, and scrunched her nose.

I wonder what she’s dreaming of.

It’s been two days since she came up to me, asking for help. I admit that the reason why we haven’t made much progress is because of me. I want her by myself, because once she becomes popular; everyone will want a piece of her.

…not that I will allow that.

Obviously she’ll still belong to me.

…And I mean that in the most literal way.

I admit I wasn’t expecting her to agree in our little deal. I was just playing around, just wanting to see how she’ll react. But when she said yes everything became real.

I thank every Gods that night.

Making her popular is easy. I began phase one, and already had benefits for myself.

Kissing her.

I think that’s how I became addicted to her lips. Even now that she’s sleeping, all I want is to wake so we can make out.

I grinned to myself, and moved closer to her. Lifting my fingers, I began tracing her nose, down to her cupids bow, and to the bottom of her lips.

In one swift move, I bent down and peck her lightly on the lips.

The first time I saw her, I was eight years old. I remembered the day clearly; the sun was shining brightly and I was irritated. Reason being, the teacher gave me a time out after pushing one of the kids, making him cry. It wasn’t my fault that I got mad after he took my toy away. I looked around and zeroed at the two men standing behind the little girl.

My first thought was they must have been the biggest and largest men I had ever seen.   

Second is what the hell were they doing in my school?

My eye switches to the little girl.

If I was cranky, then she must have been in a worst mood.

 She was sitting alone holding a teddy bear, watching as other kids play freely.  I watch her sigh as she pushed her hair away from her face.

She had a yellow dress on with laced collar partnered with a black Mary Jane shoes and white knee-high socks. On top of her hair was a flower shaped pin, restraining her bangs to fall from her face.  But it clearly did nothing since she keeps tucking them behind her ear.  She was holding unbitten peach in her left hand, while the other opposite arm holding her bear.

I was only eight years old then, but I knew that she must have been the most beautiful girl.

Suddenly I didn’t feel bad about sitting out anymore.

Ever since then I sat on the same spot watching her. While the other kids were playing around, throwing balls and what not, I was entertaining myself by looking at her. Now that I think about it, I must have been a creeper….

But did I have regrets?  Nope.

One week later, I sat on the same spot. Instead of playing, I sat and watched her. As always she was sitting alone, with the same two men. Her favourite fruit must have been peaches because I always see her eating one.  That day she was wearing a pink baby doll dress with frills at the bottom. Her hair was in a ponytail so I had no trouble seeing her face clearly.

Again, she was sad.

…and once again she was eating peaches.

I stood up from my seat and began walking towards her. I figured I had enough watching and time to get myself known. Her eyes furrowed at the sight of me. Her two shadows, as what I liked to call them were also watching. Her face scrunched up, wiggling her nose a little.

I couldn’t help but to grin, she looked really cute.

“Hello” I greeted her, my hands behind my back like a boy scout. She kept in silence only staring at me. “Ya kid, do you know how to talk?”

Her face scrunched up once again, turning a little red.

“Of course I know how to talk! What do you think I am, mute?” she snaps and then took a bit out of the fruit. Juices fell from the corner of , and she wiped it using the back of her hand.

 “Sorry. Sorry” I said raising my hand apologetically. “I’m Jiyong…what’s your name?”

She looked behind her as if she asking her shadows a permission to introduce herself.  She huffed and puffed her cheeks..

“My daddy says I can’t give my name to strangers”

I watch her take another bite, and chews on it slowly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter