Deal with the Devil - 4 -

Deal with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following morning, I woke up with a fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I stared at the ceiling reminiscing yesterday night. Everything was still fresh in my mind. From the moment we stepped into his apartment until sending me off, but not before giving me a goodnight kiss. I touched my lips at the thought of his kisses.

Immediately I blushed, and felt irritated. I grabbed a throw pillow, and covered my face before letting out a scream.

Aish…

Why the hell am I even thinking of that devil’s kisses?

…better yet why am I even thinking of him?

The only reason why he was hanging around me is because of our circumstances. He would’ve never noticed me if I didn’t even thought of this stupid plan.

With an exaggerated sigh, I rolled off my bed. I took a quick shower, and lathered myself with my favourite vanilla scented body wash. After, I quickly put on my uniform. For once, I decided to let my hair down instead of putting it on a big bun.  I have been getting massive headaches lately, and hopefully this would help even just a little. I grabbed my glasses and book bag before going to the dining room. 

The maids bowed as I passed them. Halmeoni, like always was standing by my side. Like every day for the past eighteen years, I invited her to join me for breakfast; but as always she declines. Shrugging my shoulders, I began putting hot cakes on my plate with sausages and eggs benedict on the side. I poured some fresh raspberry syrup over at the hotcakes and began eating.

I have to admit I still find it awkward having people watch me while I’m eating, but there was nothing I could do. They wouldn’t go or join me. They literally just stand there on the side.   

“Young miss, you have a visitor” one maid informs me, as soon as she walks in.

I wrinkled my eyebrows.

 “Who is it?” I ask her, while wiping the side of my mouth.

“He said he was a close friend of yours”

I looked over at Halmeoni and realize that she has the same questioning look as I am. In all of my teenage years, I never once had a friend come over...hell, I never even had a friend. She’s probably as surprised as me. Standing up, I placed the cloth on top of the table and took a sip of my orange juice.

“Where is he?”

“In the main living room, young miss”

I nodded my head, and made my way towards where this ‘friend’ is.  My eyes grew wide, as soon as I saw who it was.  I should’ve known it was him. I mean, he was the only one who knows where I live. Standing in the middle of my living room was none only but Kwon Jiyong. He was looking at our family portrait. I couldn’t blame him, the picture was certainly eye catching; plus it wasn’t hard to see. It was big as hell.

The painting was done in Italy, around two years ago. My father had probably paid fifty grand for it.  In the picture, we looked like the perfect family.

Much different in real life.

“What are you going here?” I asked, breaking the silence.

He turns around, and immediately grinned at the sight of me.

“Peaches” he says. He took three long strides and was now standing in front of me. He slipped his hands over at my body, and pulled me close to him. I felt him nuzzling his nose against my neck.

I heard Halmeoni gasped behind me.

Rolling my eyes, I pushed him away.

“Jiyong, what are you doing here?” I asked, crossing my arms.

He grins playfully. “I said I was going to pick you up didn’t I?”

“How was I supposed to know you were being serious?”

“Peaches, you should know that I never lie” he said. He looked behind me, and finally take noticed that we weren’t alone in the room. “Hello” he acknowledges Halmeoni with a bow. “I’m Jiyong”

Halmeoni gave him a firm smile, and nodded back. “Hana, Young Miss’ personal maid”

“Aish enough with the introduction” I said. I could tell that he was trying to butter up Helmeoni, and my poor grandmother is biting into his charm. He probably couldn’t tell; but she’s definitely being flattered by him.

If it was any other person she would’ve probably kick him out by now. But, Jiyong shows her his smile and she melts like a puddle of goo in his hands.

“Peaches, why are you angry this morning?” he asks with a cheeky grin, “Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?”

I growled at him.

All I wanted was to become popular.

I didn’t know being popular means being this close to him.

“Where I wake up is none of your business” I glared. Instead of being intimidated he just laughs. “What’s so funny now?”

“You. Now let’s go, or else we’re going to be late for school” He said, with a lopsided grin. He turned to Halmeoni and gave her one of his famous smile. “It’s was nice meeting you Halmeoni. I’ll drive Dara to school myself”

I was about to protest but she answers for me.

“Make sure you guys get to school safe…Especially Dara” she said, pushing me towards him.

Jiyong grins, and nodded like a five year old. He raises his left hand halfway. “Scouts honor” he swore, winking at her.

Helmeoni nodded and turn towards me. “Dara, take care of yourself okay?”

“B-but, Halmeoni” I stuttered, but she had already given my bag to Jiyong. She pushes us out at the door, sending us off.

“Now Jiyong, will you also give Sandara a ride home?”  she asks him.

He nods, “yes. But I’m actually planning to take Sandara out tonight, after school? If that’s okay?”

Oh now, he’s asking.

damn him.

He's just pretending to be the perfect gentleman in front of her.

I rolled my eyes and made a face.

“Sure” she said, “Just make sure she gets home before nine. Safe and exactly how she’s leaving right now”

Jiyong nods agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter