Deal with the Devil - 1 -

Deal with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night before the foreword

***

Sandara Park stepped out to the balcony and stared at the view in from her bedroom. Cold wind immediately welcomed the petite woman, making her shiver. She should known better to bring a cardigan with her especially when she had never been good with chilly weather. Leaves are slowly turning into its yellow color, a sign that winter is almost here. Dara looked up in the sky, and searched for the brightest star. Ever since she was a little kid, star gazing had always been her favourite past time.

After finding her star, she immeddiately closes her eyes and made a wish. “Tomorrow. Tomorrow everything will change”

 

---//

 

The following morning Dara got up bright and early. She took a quick shower and got dressed into her uniform. As she was getting ready, she could help but to notice that changed from her outer appearance. Her hear was longer; last time she really looked in herself, it was only by her chest, now it’s hanging past her elbow. She also noticed how her skin is much clearer, as if it was glowing. And on top of it all, her cheek bones are more defined; something the pleased her the most.

 

Though Dara was happy with the changes in her body, she still could help but to feel insecure especially in comparison with the girls from her school. To her, she looked like a twelve year old little girl who is just about to hit puberty, while they could pass as a grown woman. It also doesn’t help that they call her ‘Ajumma’.  Shaking her head, Dara sighed and put her hair up in a bun.

 

After making sure she was in complete uniform, she grabbed her round glasses, and back pack to eat break fast.

 

“Good morning Miss Dara” the maids bowed to her as she entered the dining hall. Smiling at each of them, she bowed politelye before sitting at the end of the table. Hana, the head house keeper, stood by her side. She has been the one who took care of Dara while growing up. Treating her and viewing her as if she was her own grand daughter.

 

Sandara ‘Dara’ Park is the youngest daughter of Dong-min and Hea Jung Park; a couple who both came from old money. Her father, Dong-Min, is a successful businessman and entrepreneur, while her mother, Hea Jung, is one of South Korea’s greatest actresses of all time. She also has an older sister Bom, who currently resides in London England, and attends a prestigious school for fashion. Currently, the Park family sits on top as the Richest Family on Forbes Asia. 

 

Though Dara could have everything she wants with a snap of a finger, she couldn't help to feel lonely. Growing up, both of her parents are usually away on business trips thus leaving her and her sister in care of their nannies. And you'd think that being born in a wealthy family their life  is going to be like walk on the park, but it was anything but easy  Their childhood days contains of piano lessons, ballet classes and learning different languages - French, Mandarin, English and Japanese. The also didn't much have freedom because her parents are afraid of their safety, taking extra pre-cautions. 

 

Yep, body guards. 

 

Imagine a little five year old girl with a six foot four man, built like a tank as a shadow.

 

Dara thought that maybe that was the reason why she doesn't have any friends; because she was always being followed by scary looking man that she calls her bodyguard. So she begged her father to let her not have a shadow of a bodyguard; and though it took quite sometime, her father agreed. 

 

...and yet, even after all these years she still haven't made a single friend.

 

After she finished her breakfast, Dara hurried into the car. Her house (or mansion) is built at the outskirt of Gangnam therefore the drive to the school is good fifteen to twenty minutes or so. Looking outsid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter