Deal with the Devil - 3 -

Deal with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sandara

 

 

Jiyong’s house wasn’t I had expected. Actually the man doesn’t even live in a house; he lived in a two story modern loft.  As soon as two walked in, Jiyong threw leather jacket at couch and walked straight to the fridge. I on the other hand, stood still by the door; unsure of what to do.  My eyes began wondering around. Jiyong’s place was pretty much basic. There’s a small kitchen, a living room; wooden stairs without railing…

 

“Are you just going to stand there or what?” Jiyong asks breaking my thoughts. I jumped in surprise, making him laugh.

I glared at him, but blushed nonetheless.

“Come on peaches…I don’t bite” he teases, making me blush even more.

I cocked my eyebrows at him. “Peaches?”

“I think it suits you” he shrugs. He offered me a beer bottle, while taking a swig out of his. Again, I cocked my eye brows at him. “What, you don’t drink?”

“What do you think?” I asked sarcastically. “do you have any tea or something”

Jiyong snorted. “Tea? Do I look like I drink tea?”

“Isn’t it common for a household to have tea?”

“Not in my house peaches”

I rolled my eyes at him. “What about juice?”

“Nope” he responded, with a mocking smile. “Sorry”

“Milk?” I ask again, trying my luck. Instead of answering back; he let out a boisterous laugh. I looked at him crazy. “Okay water. Do you have any bottle of water?”

Jiyong smiled at me cheekily and walked back to the fridge. He passed me the bottle, and then walked over to his couch turning on the tv. For the second time, I didn’t know whether I should stay where I’m at or should I follow him.

“Peaches, come over here” he calls me over.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. I’m hating that word all of sudden… Peaches.

Jiyong pats the spot beside him, and I gritted my teeth. Instead of sitting where he ask me to, I sat two spaces far away from him; making him chuckle. He puts his feet up at the table, taking another swig out of his beer.

I really don’t know what was the point of all this. At first I thought we were going to begin our “project”. You know, brainstorm on how to make me popular. But so far, all we had ever done was watch American movies. I never wanted to kill anyone as much as I wanted to kill Kwon Jiyong right now.  I felt like strangling him until he turns blue. I sighed out loud and closed my eyes. Little by little, I felt my brain drifting. Next thing I know, I was fast asleep.

I woke to someone breathing by my ear.

…that and I was sleeping on someone.

Immediately I sat up. Jiyong’s mischievous eyes, and amuse facial expression welcomed me.

“Had a nice nap?” he asks tauntingly.

I was about let out a scream until Jiyong planted his lips on me. Before I could even react he had already moved his face away from mine. He had a cheeky smile on, while the organ in my chest is beating wildly. It felt like I was having a mini-heart attack.

“Peaches” Jiyong calls. I didn’t respond because I was trying to even out my breathing. “Peaches? Are you okay? Peaches, answer me” I felt Jiyong moved closer to me. He grabs my hand, massaging it in the process.

I looked up to him, and saw worry in his eyes.

Slowly, I felt my face burning up. I offered a shy smile, while Jiyong was looking at in concern. I knew he was going to ask questions; which means I’m dead. He’s going to find out since I’m a ty liar. But damn… there was no way I’m going to tell him. The plan is that no one is going to know about my condition; and that is what I’m going to do.

“Gotcha” I said with a smile. Jiyong’s face went from concern into unreadable within a minute. He didn’t speak nor move either. “Hey, Jiyong? I was just joking”

“Don’t do that again” he gritted between his teeth. “I thought you were having a heart attack”

“Jeez, it was a joke. Take it easy” I rolled my eyes, “and serves you right for kissing me”

He mutters a few incoherent words under his breath before putting his jacket on. I followed him by slipping on my bag.

“Where are we going?”

He gives me a dumb look. “Driving you home, where else?”

“But you had beer?”

He shrugged his shoulder. “And?”

“What do you mean and? You had a drink that means you can’t send

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter