E I G H T

C O L L I D E

 

"What happened to Jinnie?" Soomi asked frantically.
 
The girls had since all met back up and Jinri was being more than her usual quiet.
 
"Don't worry about it." She replied lightly. "I'm sorry you got lost, Soo. I turned around for a second and you were gone."
 
"It's okay. Someone helped me find my way." Soomi giggled.
 
"Who?" Minkyung asked, eyes widening like saucers.
 
"Yah Oh Minkyung," Haerim check her watch. "Do you not have somewhere to be?"
 
Minkyung stopped in her tracks, checked her own watch, and muttered "crap" before sprinting away.
 
"Where's she going?" Soomi's head whipped to where she previously stood.
 
"Don't worry about it." Heijung grinned. The four remaining girls left school and headed toward Haerim's apartment building.
 
Once inside, they all kicked off their shoes. Heijung slid across the wood floor in her socks.
 
"I'm hungry." Soomi stated while she sat down on the couch, folding her knees under her.
 
"You're always hungry." Haerim shook her head but proceeded to dig a pot out of the cabinet. "Do your homework."
 
"I don't have any." She said innocently.
 
"I'm just not doing it." Jinri flung her bag across the room and headed for the back of the apartment. "I need to wash off this Jungsang scum."
 
Haerim just waved over her shoulder before pulling out several packs of ramen and emptying them into the pot.
 
"Haerimmie, if I do aegyo can I get extra food?" Heijung asked monotonously. Haerim snorted.
 
Soomi rifled through Haerim's expansive album collection. Quite a few of them were their own demos. She favored first-wave rock.
 
"Eye Candy?" She pinched the corners of the case and dragged her feet over to the stereo.
 
"Yah what are you doing?" Haerim called to her as she stirred the pot of their lunch.
 
The music started and Soomi bobbed her head.
 
"Turn this off." The leader scoffed. Soomi shook her head rapidly.
 
"I kinda like it." Heijung nodded slowly.
 
Jinri emerged from the bathroom, squeezing her hair with a towel.
 
"My darling
I run blindly ahead and hold you
Just as I am, like this
I run without fear and hold you
When I see you, so beautiful,
My, my, my heart bursts."
 
Haerim glared at her.
 
"What?" The bassist blinked innocently. "It's catchy."
 
Haerim let the pot clatter in the center of the coffee table that stood in the livingroom. She arranged four bowls around it and Soomi dove for the noodles.
 
"Why don't you like Eye Candy?" She asked, twirling noodles around a pair of chopsticks. Heijung waited for the answer with a raised brow.
 
"I never said I didn't like them." Haerim scoffed and set to work eating her own noodles.
 
"I don't like them." Jinri inhaled her lunch and started picking from the pot. "All Jungsang boys are the same."