E L E V E N

C O L L I D E

 

 
 
"Who does he think he is?" Haerim fumed, throwing open the door to her apartment and kicking off her shoes.
 
Jihyuk closed front door behind him, leaning against it. He'd lived alone since he had problems with his parents. Haerim had a completely different situation.
 
Haerim's rooftop flat was huge. The entire side wall was windows, the noon sunlight  shined through flamboyantly and cast shadows on the glossy wood flooring. Two massive winged armchairs and a fluffy sofa were strewn around the room. Her first acoustic guitar was pinned on a rack on the farthest wall.
 
A glittery chandelier twinkled over Jihyuk's head as he snuck around after her, finding her head buried in the fridge.
 
"Kitchen but not dining room?" He pursed his lips.
 
"Dining room entails guests." Haerim twisted the cap off a water bottle and took a sip. "I hate guests."
 
Jihyuk nodded. "Noted."
 
She swallowed another mouthful of water and bobbed her head in the silence. "You hungry?"
 
"A little, actually."
 
"Good, make it yourself." Haerim took off down the hallway, stripping off the stiff white button down blouse she had on as she crossed into the threshold of her bedroom. "I hate these uniforms!"
 
Jihyuk shook his head and chuckled. Curiosity drew him toward Haerim's stereo in the living room. He cautiously pushed play.
 
"I saw your picture hanging on the back of my door
Won’t give you my heart
No one lives there anymore
And we were lovers
Now we can’t be friends
Fascination ends..."
 
"Here we go again." Jihyuk sighed.
 
The intoxicating voice on the track continued with the song and Jihyuk felt his head loll, his chin sinking toward his chest and his eyes squeezing shut.
 
The track suddenly stopped with a click and Jihyuk's eyes snapped open to see Haerim putting the disc in it's case and walking it back to it's place in her collection.
 
"Why do you listen to this if you know what it does to you?"
 
He scowled at her. "Why do you?"
 
 
 
"Today, class, we'll be discussing habits and their causes." The teacher clapped his hands.
 
Minkyung didn't even attempt to mask her boredom. Psychology had to be the least interesting class in her schedule.
 
"Now if you'll all partner up with the person next to you for some discussion on one of your habits and why you think you do it."
 
Minkyung winced, not even bothering to look at the person at her side.
 
'I have two sides, right?'
 
The girl on the other side of her seat was already chattering with another girl.
 
Minkyung sighed as Hyunsoo rolled his eyes at her.
 
"I don't have any habits." He said smugly, paying attention to anything and everything except his partner.
 
"Everyone has habits." Minkyung shrugged. "For example, you have a habit of being a ."
 
"I do not." Hyunsoo spat, standing up in his seat. The class stopped and looked at him until he sank back down.
 
"It seems like a habitual behavior of yours." Minkyung stated. "But I think your real habit is something completely different."
 
"Oh really?" He prodded the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "Humor me."
 
"You feel like you have to be responsible for everything. If you don't do it then it won't get done, in your mind, so you tend to bite off more than you can chew." She stopped to think before continuing. "It makes you tired and irritable, resulting in your previously stated habitual behavior."
 
Hyunsoo opened his mouth to counter her as the bell rang. Minkyung collected her books and left the classroom.
 
"Oh Minkyung!" He called after her. She stopped and turned to look at him. "What's your habit then?"
 
"Pretty much the same as yours." She bit her lip. "I'd rather try and do everything so other people don't have to. I'm just not sour about it."
 
She walked away, immediately meeting up with Heijung.
 
"Where's Rimmie?"
 
"She said not to wait up for her." Heijung shrugged and stuffed her phone into her blazer's pocket.
 
Minkyung looked over her shoulder and waved at Do-il. "You have a duckling following you."
 
"He'll be joining us today."
 
"So will he." Do-il said evenly, grabbing onto Hyunsoo's collar and pulling him along with the small group. "The others are already waiting."
 
"Others?" Minkyung whispered and Heijung hushed her.
 
 
 
"Do-il said we had to meet him here." Kyungjong squeaked as Hajin shoved his head down, messing up his hair.
 
"Hey Busan boy!"
 
The two boys looked up to see Soomi seated at their table, waving frantically. Hajin's eyes flicked to an uninterested Jinri next to her.
 
"It's Kyungjong." He chuckled and sat down across from her.
 
"Kyungjong." She repeated to herself. "I'll remember that!"
 
Hajin slide onto the bench next to Jinri and chuckled. "She's so~ cute."
 
Jinri grunted uncomfortably and moved to sit on the other side of the table, ignoring Hajin's pained expression when she did.
 
"Good you're all here." Heijung said on her way to the table with Minkyung in tow. Jinri grabbed one of each of their wrists and pulled them down on either side of her, quickly scanning the area.
 
"Why are we all here?" Hyunsoo asked coolly, sitting next to Hajin.
 
"Because we said so." Do-il said finally. He leaned on the edge of the table with his hands in his pockets. "Haerim and Jihyuk skipped school."
 
"Together?" Soomi asked, incredulously.
 
"Hypocrite." Jinri rolled her eyes at their leaders actions. "We can't look at anyone but she can run off-"
 
"It's not like that." Minkyung snapped, cutting her off. She looked around the table guiltily and put her head down.
 
"They told us to meet up and go down to the pool hall." Heijung said blandly.
 
"Are we skipping the rest of our classes?" Kyungjong attempted to hide his excitement. The rest of his schedule lacked any interesting activities for the day.
 
"Maybe." Heijung purred. "But not all at once. Then it's too suspicious."
 
"Soomi and I'll be leaving first." Jinri shot up, avoiding eye contact with Hajin.
 
Soomi pouted. "But I wanted to go with-"
 
"I said," She glared at the smaller girl. "We'll be leaving first."
 
Jinri grabbed her arm and dragged her toward the school's nearest exit.
 
"What's with her?" Hyunsoo wrinkled his nose.
 
"She just hates-" Minkyung paused to think of the proper word. "Well, everyone."