S E V E N

C O L L I D E

Heijung pushed open the heavy metal door and stepped into the sunlight. She looked around the expanse of roof for her friend. Finally, she spotted her and advanced toward her.

 
Haerim leaned over the railing at the edge of the building and looked down at her fellow classmates marching around like ants.
 
"What's wrong with me?" She inquired monotonously. Heijung hadn't even said a word. She just curled her fingers around the railing and leaned back slightly.
 
"Nothing's wrong. It's only natural that you would react that way." She shrugged. "The real question is why didn't you tell Jihyuk when you got back."
 
"I didn't want to bother him." Haerim mumbled.
 
Heijung rolled her eyes. It was a pointless subject.
 
"Do you think the others like it here?" Haerim asked.
 
Heijung nodded. "They seem to be getting along well. It's not Yangpa though."
 
The leader rested her chin on the railing and sulked. "We need to make a new name for ourselves after what happened at Ground Zero."
 
"How do you propose we do that?" Heijung chuckled.
 
"I'll think about it." Haerim scanned the crowd below and located one of her members.
 
Jinri looked more annoyed than usually. Probably because of the unidentified boy mashed up against her.
 
"Hmph." Haerim grunted curtly, heading for the door. "Come on."
 
 
 
"Kim Jinri, right?"
 
"Who wants to know?" She stopped in her tracks and folded her arms.
 
He appeared from the side. "Park Pyo Joo. I thought I'd give you a proper Jungsang welcome."
 
"Well thanks." She said stoically.
 
"What's a pretty girl like you doing here in Jungsang?" Pyo Joo closed the distance between them and pressed into her hip.
 
"Uh. Learning?" She cocked an eyebrow and shimmied away but his arm s around her waist.
 
"I like your attitude." Pyo Joo smirked. "Feisty."
 
"What's going on here?" A tall boy appeared. Jinri recognized him as one of the members of Eye Candy.
 
"Nothing, thug." Pyo Joo spat. "Mind your own business."
 
"Kim Jinri is my business." He shoved his hands in his pockets and his eyes flashed through the fringe that fell over his face.
 
"Excuse me but I am nobody's business." Jinri thrashed out but Pyo Joo only gripped her tighter.
 
"Hey hands off the merchandise." Haerim hopped down from one of the garden walls that wove throughout the campus. Heijung appeared behind her.
 
"I'll do what I want." Pyo Joo glared the smallish girl with her hands clenched in front of her.
 
"If what you want is severe pain in your lower abdominal region," she tilted her head to the side. "Then, by all means, please continue."
 
"You won't do anything to me." Pyo Joo said snidely.
 
"I will." The tall boy stepped up. His face was a breath away from Pyo Joo's and his fists were tight by his sides.
 
"Stand down, Hajin." Haerim folded her arms across hers chest. "I won't be held responsible for you getting into trouble."
 
He looked at her then Heijung, who nodded. He backed off slowly and kept his eyes glued to the ground.
 
"How sweet." Pyo Joo said acidly. "The new girls have you trained already."
 
Hajin shook his head and chuckled. "Would you disobey Yang Haerim?"
 
Pyo Joo gave Haerim and slanted glance. "One would think you're an outlaw."
 
"Maybe I am." She shrugged. "Now get your greasy paws off my bassist and scurry away to your wimpy little band like the little rat you are."
 
Hajin and Heijung chuckled. Jinri stood stonily as Pyo Joo pried his arm off of her and passed by Haerim, slamming into her shoulder. She didn't budge.
 
"If you ever touch any of my girls again, you're done for." She said over her shoulder. Pyo Joo shook his head and walked away.
 
Haerim's attention shifted to Hajin. "That goes for everyone."