Chapter 4

The Clocks of Fate

 HANEUL'S POV

 
"Okay, Baekhyun. Let's start on our session for today, but before we start, how are you feeling? Head hurts? Anything wrong with your body?" I asked, ready to write down what he had to say. He shook his head carefully.
 
"No, not that I know of." He replied. I nodded.
 
"Okay then, well... what did you do in the past? What did you do when you hung out with your friends?" I took a seat on a chair and waited for him to reply.
 
"Well~" He started, "I, you know, went out with my friend to clubs and stuff. Nothing special."
 
"Okay, so you say Lu Han is a good friend? How did you two meet?”
 
“We're high school friends." I got up and asked if he was able to get up on his feet. He walked around in the room and we left the hospital building. We’re out in the rooftop garden. At the garden, there is a little area for people who take rehabilitation sessions. We began with regular stretches on the grass.
 
“Is there any pain in your body or places that are hard to move?” I asked, he seemed okay but as a nurse just wanted to make sure. I sat down on the grass and leaned back. 
 
He shook his head. "No, no pain. Oh.. uhm... Ms .Haneul?”
 
“Yes, Baekhyun?” The look on his face was cute, he cocked his head to the right. Deciding whether to say something or not.  
 
“Uh..You..um..”
 
“Yes?” My heart rate started picking up. His confused face was adorably cute. 
 
“You’re sitting on dog poop… or some kind of poop. It's not mine though!" I looked down, and saw the brown substance below me. I jumped up and screamed.
 
"AHH! Oh my gosh, this really is dog poop!" I screamed. I saw him laugh his heart out. "Baekhyun, I'm sorry but this is not a joking matter. There's on my uniform!!" 
 
"Ohh, it's pretty funny." He nodded his head in amusement.
 
"Okay, Baekhyun. Please stay right here. I need to go change. Actually--" I pointed to Dr. Kim. "Dr. Kim, can you please come over here if you're not busy?" Dr. Kim, I mean-- Suho Oppa smiled and waved, walking toward us.  
 
“Oh, Miss.Haneul. Great timing! I actually wanted to ask-“ I cut him off and covered my bottom with the clipboard. 
 
"Can you do some exercising with Baekhyun please? I have to go..,. change. Thank you so much doctor!" I covered my face and ran past him. When I got into my office that I share with a couple other nurses, I changed as quickly as I can. I looked in my mirror and straightened my face and washed my hands.
 
SUHO's POV
 
"Dr. Kim, can you please come over here if you're not busy?" Haneul waved her hands over. I smiled and did the same. As I was walking towards them, it seemed like Haneul was blushing. *Is she interested in me?* I thought.
 
I walked towards them and said, "Oh, Miss Haneul. Great timing! I actually wanted to ask-" She cut me off, before I could ask her if she wanted to go get a bite after work. 
 
"Can you do some exercising practice with Baekhyun please? I have to go...change. Thank you so much doctor!" She said running away. I turned to Baekhyun and he shrugged with a mischevious smile.
 
"What happened?" I asked curiously. He shrugged again.
 
"Well... My nurse just sat on ." He chuckled. I was shocked to hear that slightly. "It was nasty... oh. By the way, it's not mine. It was a dog's not mine so I didn't do anything." He assured. I shook my head, confused. 
 
"Anyways, let's just take a walk. We should get you used to walking again so. It'll be a slow process, but you'll be back in no time. I have crutches so if you need to lean on something, it'll be here." I explained. He nodded. "How are you? Your body?" 
 
"Good, good. Everything's all good. I think." He replied shortly. I thought of making conversation with him. 
 
"So how old are you?" I asked. 
 
"I'm 21…You?" 
 
"Me? 22…" I answered. "So, I guess I'm your hyung." 
 
"But.. .You're my doctor." 
 
"Can't your doctor be your hyung?" I chuckled. "Just call me Suho, no need to be formal and stuff. We're practically the same age and I’ve known you for a while now. Maybe when you get released, we can hang out." I offered. He thought about it and nodded. 
 
"Sure, I guess so." 
 
"So, hey." I chuckled, "What kind of girls you interested in? Do you have any experience going out with them?" I asked. He cocked his brow. 
 
"What do you mean by that. Yeah, I went out with a couple girls…no one special though. You?" I nodded. 
 
"Nice. I went out with a couple... but they always took advantage of me. So I didn't care about relationships after the first two. They liked me for being rich." I puffed my cheeks. 
 
"That . I had that happen to me once but I shrugged it off. She never helped me out in life so it. You know?"
 
"So yeah, how is Nurse Haneul? Does she treat you well? Is she taking care of you well?" I asked, wanting to know if she was a good co-worker. He nodded slowly.
 
"Yeah, she's alright. She does everything right. I like her-- I think she's pretty hot." My face expression hardened, making me a bit jealous. I changed the subject because it made me uncomfortable.
 
"Yeah, that's cool. Were you attending college before?" I asked.
 
"No. Screw college when I can get the girls." He smirked. "Going to clubs with Lu Han and couple other people, that's what it's all about."  
 
"Yeah, those were the good ol' days. I remember banging up some chicks during school nights. Ditching, yeah. Good times, good times." Baekhyun looked up, surprised. 
 
"You did those things? Why'd you change? What happened?" He asked, in response I nodded. 
 
"I realized I was wasting my life doing these things after my mom died from heart disease. I didn't even know my mom had it.. I regret it. So to make up for it, I became a doctor." I looked down, remembering the good things of my mom.
 
"I'm sorry to hear that..." He said. "It must've been hard for you."  I scooted closer to him. 
 
"Anyways, hey, I have an interest in this girl and I don't know what to do. This is just between you and me okay? Don't worry, I'm not gay." I said. He chuckled.
 
"Okay, what's she like?" I inhaled a deep breath. 
 
"Well, she's really smart. She's pretty in my opinion, others might think she's hot. She's somewhat outgoing, she likes helping people out. She works hard at everything she does. She interests me." I ended. 
 
"Well, just ask her out. Simple." 
 
"I feel like an idiot.. but how."
 
"Will. You. Go. Out. With. Me?" Baekhyun was in my face when he said that. I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by a figure standing close-by. 
 
"Did.. I interrupt something?" Haneul said uneasily. She looked at Baekhyun and then me. *Oh my god. She thinks I'm gay now.* I turned bright red. 
 
"No, no no. Don't misunderstand. No.. Oh my en- flippin god. This is embarrasing." I muttered. "Forget it, Baekhyun and I did the session for today. He did well so I think he should rest now. Are you able to take him to his room?" I got up to meet Haneul's eyes. 
 
"Of course." She replied. 
 
"Okay great. After that, can you come to my office. I need to discuss something with you." She bowed.
 

"Of course, I'll be up there as soon as possible." I smiled warmly. "Baekhyun, rest up so you can leave soon. Everything will be all good soon." I turned around leaving for my office. I was thinking of asking Haneul to dinner for once. I sat down in my chair and waited. 

HANEUL'S POV

I left Baekhyun for him to rest and walked towards Dr. Kim's office. "Hi Dr. Kim. You wanted me to come to talk to me?" I looked at him and gave him a friendly smile. 

"Ah~ Yes. It's not work-related but I was wondering if you wanted to go get something to eat with me?" He looked at me. "If you't not busy of course." He was flustered. 

"Sure, I don't have any plans so~" I smiled, not knowing this was supposed to be a date or anything. "I'm sure it will be fun." 

 

 


 

HEY! We are receiving so much support for this fanfic, and we thank each and every one of you that do. We honestly didn't expect this many subscribers for this! 

This is a little humorous chapter for you guys haha. We hope you liked it! 

Comment, subscribe, and upvote! If you guys REALLY like it, then share this to other people that might want to read it! 

Thanks alot!

-Crazy4BAP, exocrazygirl, and kiki_loves_KARA